ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman” | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman”

If people want to give Cuse or Cuse players some love, lets enjoy it. This board has been barking about no love for so long, when we start getting some we wrestle with it? Some of you need to give your inner Tommy Boy a rest......
5BF63958-3C92-4715-9197-3AC1D5CCA93B.gif
81C6B382-B6D7-48D0-804F-7F68418487B8.gif

Different era and all, but it blows my mind that Tim Brown won the Heisman while putting up sophomore year Quentin Spotwood numbers.

It was a joke, the guy had 8 total TDs. Mac scored 6 TDs on top of 22 passing TDs and oh yeah we went undefeated and Notre Dame went 8-3. It wasn’t as horrific as Hornung winning it over Jim Brown(we all know why that happened) but it was a total joke

I have been told McSorley is the QB NE wants in the next draft. He isn’t going to be a top of the first round guy.
I don’t think he can win the Heisman now but he could be invited to NY if Penn State won out.
I'll bet that's reliable... Belichik/Kraft letting everybody know their QB1 in Sept/October. Sounds legit.

Last edited:
All conjecture until the season develops... If we keep winning, and putting up offensive numbers, his name will remain in the conversation.

Winning this thing has always been a completely different battle.

But what's wrong with the good pub while we get ready to try and get back on track vs. Pitt?

Dungey's been a treat for us, in a long line of tricks. We're legitimately getting Heisman talk in the midst of what appears to be a season without many limits. I'm going to enjoy this gd ride for all its worth... Been waaaaay too long.

He played at Western Michigan in the 4th Q and he missed half of the Florida State game with an injury. Plus his numbers in the FSU game and Clemson games weren’t Heisman quality.
He needs an insane 2nd half and have SU win 10-11 games to even get invited to NY.
I should have said he didn't play the full game against wmu. Apologies.

It was a joke, the guy had 8 total TDs. Mac scored 6 TDs on top of 22 passing TDs and oh yeah we went undefeated and Notre Dame went 8-3. It wasn’t as horrific as Hornung winning it over Jim Brown(we all know why that happened) but it was a total joke

They introduced "All Purpose Yards" that year I believe or at least made sure everyone and their brother knew about it. So by ND having a bad D, teams would be kicking to Brown quite often.

We need to run the table and Clemson to slip up (which i think could happen). if that occurs, Dungey will be in NYC. it's unlikely but for the first time in forever you can paint a picture.

I just got 6 tix to the BC game so i'll be there to watch us clinch our ACC championship berth :)

I'll bet that's reliable... Belichik/Kraft letting everybody know their QB1 in Sept/October. Sounds legit.
Yeah me hearing NE likes McSorley is totally unreasonable.
Belichick loved Bradley Chubb last draft and knew he wasn’t going to get him.
McSorley is the type of QB that fits NE system.
He isn’t projected as highly as Drew Lock, Will Grier, or Justin Herbert are.

Maybe you have poor reading comprehension, because if you could read the title of the thread, it says, "ESPN's McMurphy says Dungey in the running for Heisman". It is not encrypted, it is a declarative statement from national sports media personality who wouldn't make such a statement if he didn't have conversations with other people in his profession that leads him to believe Eric Dungey is being discussed as a legitimate Heisman trophy contender.

And they are morons as well ... a contender has a legit chance at winning he does not .. hence they are morons. I read quite well ... do I need to provide the definition of contender for you? Or are you a McMurphy fan boy? He got 1 fifth place vote .. seriously?

I
And they are morons as well ... a contender has a legit chance at winning he does not .. hence they are morons. I read quite well ... do I need to provide the definition of contender for you? Or are you a McMurphy fan boy? He got 1 fifth place vote .. seriously?
It's very sad that you feel like that.

It was over before that. And it was robbery.

I remember reading that 50% of the voters didn't bother to vote and 50% of the rest voted before the season was over. One writer said he sent his vote in after the third game.

In 1986 Vinnie Testaverde led the nation in passing and his team to an 11-0-0 record. A quarterback, always the most significant player on the field, can't do more than that. Tim Brown, who had better number sin '86 than in '87, finished 3rd. In 1987 Donnie McPherson led the nation in passing and his team to an 11-0-0 record and Brown, who had been the cover boy on every pre-season magazine and whose achievements were the #1 story on every sports report, won it.

What pissed me off back in the 2 team playoff era was Alabama was the only team allowed to lose one game and still go to the championship game.

I mean, that’s obviously wrong.

Just because Dungey is our Team MVP and such a warrior doesn’t mean he’s a Heisman candidate, IMO. Maybe if we end up Top 10 or something but he’s too inaccurate and makes too many bad decisions to warrant that kind of accolade. You just can’t miss some of the throws he does if one is to be considered a Heisman guy. I like Dungey a lot. But, a Heisman guy wills the team to victory @ Clemson. He’s not playing with the best receivers out there and he’s probably pretty banged up in reality so that’s going to hinder things even more.

Just because Dungey is our Team MVP and such a warrior doesn’t mean he’s a Heisman Candidate, IMO. Maybe if we end up Top 10 or something but he’s too inaccurate and makes too many bad decisions to warrant that kind of accolade. You just can’t miss some of the throws he does if one is to be considered a Heisman guy. I like Dungey a lot. But, a Heisman guy wills the team to victory @ Clemson. He’s not playing with the best receivers out there and he’s probably pretty banged up in reality so that’s going to hinder things even more.
Sure sobe. A Heisman candidate is a guy from Bama or USC or OSU. Teams that go on the field and have NFL players at every position. The QB hits a 5 yard slant and it goes 70 yards for a TD, or he does a little flip to the RB and he goes 30 yards for a TD. Most adroit college fans are smarter than that.

Sure sobe. A Heisman candidate is a guy from Bama or USC or OSU. Teams that go on the field and have NFL players at every position. The QB hits a 5 yard slant and it goes 70 yards for a TD, or he does a little flip to the RB and he goes 30 yards for a TD. Most adroit college fans are smarter than that.

Uh, nice try. Lamar Jackson says hello. Some of the plays Haskins made on OSU were not of the variety you suggest. The two HUGE drives he orchestrated @ PSU in the 2H were incredible. These guys aren’t just dumping it off.

I mean, that’s obviously wrong.

After they lost to LSU on the road in a FG fest, they were allowed to play LSU again in the title game since "they lost on the road". When they lost a home game to Texas A&M in another season the tide wasn't penalized.

After they lost to LSU on the road in a FG fest, they were allowed to play LSU again in the title game since "they lost on the road". When they lost a home game to Texas A&M in another season the tide wasn't penalized.
Many teams have played for the title with one loss. LSU won it all with two losses.

Uh, nice try. Lamar Jackson says hello. Some of the plays Haskins made on OSU were not of the variety you suggest. The two HUGE drives he orchestrated @ PSU in the 2H were incredible. These guys aren’t just dumping it off.
Nice try yourself. All their gaudy stats come against the dregs in just the manner I suggested.

All conjecture until the season develops... If we keep winning, and putting up offensive numbers, his name will remain in the conversation.

Winning this thing has always been a completely different battle.

But what's wrong with the good pub while we get ready to try and get back on track vs. Pitt?

Dungey's been a treat for us, in a long line of tricks. We're legitimately getting Heisman talk in the midst of what appears to be a season without many limits. I'm going to enjoy this gd ride for all its worth... Been waaaaay too long.

We actually ‘unbelievably’ have a kid getting heisman mention and a segment of our fans want to be negative and tear it apart. Please just enjoy it. Might be another generation before it happens again if ever.

There were also a segment of posters who said in the off season that Dungey would get heisman mention/consideration this year and they were scoffed at ‘no chance’. Well I’d like to point out the naysayers were wrong.

A David Hale joint (@DavidHaleESPN) | Twitter
@DavidHaleESPN 2h

Dabo on Eric Dungey: “We should’ve sacked him 5 times but he’s got eyes in the back of his head.” Indeed, no QB last year had a lower rate of sacks when pressured than Dungey. Dude’s a magician.

The Nunes comparison here is amazing. Minus the ill-advised passes and running backwards all the time, there are some similarities...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom