ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman” | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN McMurphy “Dungey is in the running for Heisman”

One writer will say "I didn't vote for ED, isn't he Tony Dungey's son?"

We actually ‘unbelievably’ have a kid getting heisman mention and a segment of our fans want to be negative and tear it apart. Please just enjoy it. Might be another generation before it happens again if ever.

There were also a segment of posters who said in the off season that Dungey would get heisman mention/consideration this year and they were scoffed at ‘no chance’. Well I’d like to point out the naysayers were wrong.

It IS ok for a fan here such as myself to be both very happy that Dungey is receiving these headlines/attention and suggest that he isn’t a Heisman caliber of QB. Some of you act like we hate the kid and his game. Unbelievable, lol.

It IS ok for a fan here such as myself to be both very happy that Dungey is receiving these headlines/attention and suggest that he isn’t a Heisman caliber of QB. Some of you act like we hate the kid and his game. Unbelievable, lol.
What would Dungey's stats be like if he had Etienne in the backfield and and a couple of those 6'4" 5 star receivers to throw it to?

What would Dungey's stats be like if he had Etienne in the backfield and and a couple of those 6'4" 5 star receivers to throw it to?

Dungey’s “stats” are fine. Of course having an Etienne or a Paris Campbell would help him out. I just think he has too many flaws as a QB. Besides, he’s banged up too much constantly and doesn’t get enough help from playmakers around him. He’s also not good enough to single handedly get us to some 10-1 record, IMO.

Sure sobe. A Heisman candidate is a guy from Bama or USC or OSU. Teams that go on the field and have NFL players at every position. The QB hits a 5 yard slant and it goes 70 yards for a TD, or he does a little flip to the RB and he goes 30 yards for a TD. Most adroit college fans are smarter than that.

An adroit college fan isn't picking Wake over Clemson either ... it has become readily obvious you have not even watched Tua play QB at Bama ... or watched much college football for that matter.

He has a 6'5" receiver to throw to ... and if you think having a speedy back with big receivers cures every ill ask Ole Miss how that has worked out this season.

We actually ‘unbelievably’ have a kid getting heisman mention and a segment of our fans want to be negative and tear it apart. Please just enjoy it. Might be another generation before it happens again if ever.

There were also a segment of posters who said in the off season that Dungey would get heisman mention/consideration this year and they were scoffed at ‘no chance’. Well I’d like to point out the naysayers were wrong.

No one said its a bad thing he is getting noticed .. but for our fan base to be speaking from the standpoint that he can win it is insane.

Nice try yourself. All their gaudy stats come against the dregs in just the manner I suggested.

Jackson threw for 300 yards and ran for over 150 more against Clemson that season in an amazing performance ... against the same Clemson team that would win the title ...

After they lost to LSU on the road in a FG fest, they were allowed to play LSU again in the title game since "they lost on the road". When they lost a home game to Texas A&M in another season the tide wasn't penalized.

Both LSU games in 2011 were at home: Alabama Historical Scores

Schools that played in the BCS championship game that weren't undefeated:

1998 Florida State 11-1
2000 Florida State 11-1
2001 Nebraska 11-1
2003 Louisiana State 12-1 and Oklahoma 12-1
2006 Florida 12-1
2007 Louisiana State 11-2 and Ohio State 11-1
2008 Florida 12-1 and Oklahoma 12-1
2011 Alabama 12-1
2012 Alabama 12-1
2013 Auburn 12-1

All conjecture until the season develops... If we keep winning, and putting up offensive numbers, his name will remain in the conversation.

Winning this thing has always been a completely different battle.

But what's wrong with the good pub while we get ready to try and get back on track vs. Pitt?

Dungey's been a treat for us, in a long line of tricks. We're legitimately getting Heisman talk in the midst of what appears to be a season without many limits. I'm going to enjoy this gd ride for all its worth... Been waaaaay too long.

I love ED and have been talking him up for 4 years. That said, he and this offense haven't played with consistent rhythm yet. He isnt putting up gaudy numbers. He has run well and smarter but he lacks the wr talent to put up heisman numbers. The offensive play calling hasn't favored throwing the ball downfield, even into the end zone from the redzone. He is a bit of a different qb this year and actually spun it better last year. Sure, his shoulder might have something to do with this but also think he may be too bulky and too worried about the guns. Any thrower, whether it be fb or baseball will lose flexibility with inc shoulder and bicep and triceps bulk. The last time we saw guns like ED's was tebow and we all know how he threw the ball. Down shift the guns ED , qbs college and pro have moderate sized arm's for a reason.

I love ED and have been talking him up for 4 years. That said, he and this offense haven't played with consistent rhythm yet. He isnt putting up gaudy numbers. He has run well and smarter but he lacks the wr talent to put up heisman numbers. The offensive play calling hasn't favored throwing the ball downfield, even into the end zone from the redzone. He is a bit of a different qb this year and actually spun it better last year. Sure, his shoulder might have something to do with this but also think he may be too bulky and too worried about the guns. Any thrower, whether it be fb or baseball will lose flexibility with inc shoulder and bicep and triceps bulk. The last time we saw guns like ED's was tebow and we all know how he threw the ball. Down shift the guns ED , qbs college and pro have moderate sized arm's for a reason.
Tebow won the Heisman.

Tebow won the Heisman.

Tim Tebow* Florida SO QB 234 Cmp, 350 Att, 3286 Yds, 32 TD, 6 IntDarren
McFadden* Arkansas JR RB 325 Att, 1830 Yds, 5.6 Avg, 16 TD
Colt Brennan* Hawaii SR QB 359 Cmp, 510 Att, 4343 Yds, 38 TD, 17 Int
Chase Daniel* Missouri JR QB 384 Cmp, 563 Att, 4306 Yds, 33 TD, 11 Int

Top 4 vote getters ... and lets not forget Tebow ran for 895 yards and 23 TDs ... you are really reaching here. Dungy has a 1600 yards rushing for his career ... Tebow did more than half of that in 1 season ... can we just stop the nonsense? BTW in 3.5 years of running the Syracuse offense Dungy has 26 TDs on the ground and 49 in the air. For the math challenged that is 75 TDs ... Tebow had 55 the year he won the Heisman ... it can't even be compared.

the big differnece is that FL/Lou wanted Jackson//Tebow to be the offense. We are trying to have ED run the offense.. We could have run him vs Uconn.Wagner all day and he probably has 5-600 yds running right now.

Watching Jackson and Tebow both of them knew how to avoid a direct hit. ED embraces them.

Tim Tebow* Florida SO QB 234 Cmp, 350 Att, 3286 Yds, 32 TD, 6 IntDarren
McFadden* Arkansas JR RB 325 Att, 1830 Yds, 5.6 Avg, 16 TD
Colt Brennan* Hawaii SR QB 359 Cmp, 510 Att, 4343 Yds, 38 TD, 17 Int
Chase Daniel* Missouri JR QB 384 Cmp, 563 Att, 4306 Yds, 33 TD, 11 Int

Top 4 vote getters ... and lets not forget Tebow ran for 895 yards and 23 TDs ... you are really reaching here. Dungy has a 1600 yards rushing for his career ... Tebow did more than half of that in 1 season ... can we just stop the nonsense? BTW in 3.5 years of running the Syracuse offense Dungy has 26 TDs on the ground and 49 in the air. For the math challenged that is 75 TDs ... Tebow had 55 the year he won the Heisman ... it can't even be compared.
My point was that Ish used the example of a QB, Tebow, who wasn't a great thrower( Who has a funky throwing motion, Eric doesn't) as an example of why Dungey isn't a great QB. The irony here is the guy who he used as an example of why Dungey isn't a great QB and can not win the Heisman, won the Heisman. To be clear, you are saying Dungey is not a great QB, right?

If Eric Crouch can win a Heisman for what a 9-3 Nebraska? ED certainly can. I'd compare stats to his not Tebows or Jacksons.

What pissed me off back in the 2 team playoff era was Alabama was the only team allowed to lose one game and still go to the championship game.
Not true. LSU had 2 losses when they won on 2007. The only requirement was that you play in the SEC west.

If Eric Crouch can win a Heisman for what a 9-3 Nebraska? ED certainly can. I'd compare stats to his not Tebows or Jacksons.
Crouch's stats wouldn't sniff the heisman in this era, so if you're going to talk heisman you have to compare ED's numbers to guys like Tebow, Jackson, or Manziel.

the big differnece is that FL/Lou wanted Jackson//Tebow to be the offense. We are trying to have ED run the offense.. We could have run him vs Uconn.Wagner all day and he probably has 5-600 yds running right now.

He already does. 365 is between 5 and 600.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom