ESPN morning decisions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN morning decisions

I like the new show. I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously and they have some fun bater. I was really really tired of the Golic/Greeny combo. It had played out.

I was surprised to see that they were putting Greenberg's show opposite Golic's. Moving G&W to ESPNNews, while Greeny gets regular ESPN shows you who the suits want to sink the money into and succeed. I caught a bit of Greeny's show the past two days. It is nothing special. Whatever magic/chemistry/whatever he had with Golic isn't present in his new show at all. At this point, he might as well leave ESPN and cohost Good Morning America or a Kelly and ____________ show for ABC. I do like Beadle. I don't think she's given enough to do in this show, as it's clearly Greenberg and Company, not equal billing. Jalen I can take as a featured guest when NBA is being discussed, but not as an everyday player. Regarding Booger, I'm not sure what his purpose is. I kind of dig li'l Golic. Wingo is just your cookie cutter ESPN employee. You could sub in Adnan, or Stugotz, or just about anyone else and the show wouldn't change much. Trey doesn't bring much of interest to the mix.

Given my choice between the two, I'll listen to Golic.

I agree Mike and Mike got tired. Yet it was still a better listen than either of these.

I pretty much skip it all and wait for LeBatard to come on.

I loved Mike & Mike but I hadn’t been watching it nearly as long as many of you probably were. So I get that.

Golic and Wingo haven’t worked out their chemistry yet, IMO. Kind of hard when one or the other isn’t there half the time.

The commercials for Get Up are more entertaining than the show itself.

When discussing Get Up remember it was John Skipper’s brain child and this.
giphy.gif

Greenberg gets 6.5 million
Beadle gets 5 million
Jalen Rose(who I atleast find entertaining) gets 3 million.

This show’s talent makes 14.5 million and the company spent millions for the seaside studios in Manhattan. They are lighting money on fire.

This show will be done by Super Bowl.

When discussing Get Up remember it was John Skipper’s brain child and this.
giphy.gif

Greenberg gets 6.5 million
Beadle gets 5 million
Jalen Rose(who I atleast find entertaining) gets 3 million.

This show’s talent makes 14.5 million and the company spent millions for the seaside studios in Manhattan. They are lighting money on fire.

This show will be done by Super Bowl.
Ugh that feels way too long.

I dont mind the new morning show minus Beadle

We enjoyed Mike and Mike the last couple of years. Golic and Wingo is okay but it seems like it's two dads trying to out do themselves and Wingo seems to miss alot of work lol. The new morning show is a train wreck, Peppa Pig is a getting more viewers and is more entertaining. We'll watch some the Golic and Wingo show but we have really been enjoy the Dan Le Batard show.

Never going to happen - but if you replaced Greeny with Bill Simmons - the show would be 1000% better, IMO.

Never going to happen - but if you replaced Greeny with Bill Simmons - the show would be 1000% better, IMO.

There's no way I could look at the Top 10 punchable face of Bill Simmons on TV every single day. For a guy who knows the NBA better than almost anyone out there, I couldn't stand him on NBA on ESPN. Smarmy and whiny are two adjectives that come to mind.

Just let Dan LeBetard, Stugotz, and the Shipping Container do whatever they want from 9 AM - 1PM

Honestly if they replaced G and W with four hours of just the Shipping Container of Freightened Refugees, I would find a way to listen to that.

Honestly if they replaced G and W with four hours of just the Shipping Container of Freightened Refugees, I would find a way to listen to that.

The last 15 minutes of the show yesterday was the shipping container participating in a heated debate about the movie Titanic. Le Batard didn't say a word. It was the most riveting 15 minutes of television that I watched the entire day.

The last 15 minutes of the show yesterday was the shipping container participating in a heated debate about the movie Titanic. Le Batard didn't say a word. It was the most riveting 15 minutes of television that I watched the entire day.

There you go. Now I have a pod to listen to on the way home from work.

There's no way I could look at the Top 10 punchable face of Bill Simmons on TV every single day. For a guy who knows the NBA better than almost anyone out there, I couldn't stand him on NBA on ESPN. Smarmy and whiny are two adjectives that come to mind.

Exactly! Simmons was awesome before he got so big and full of himself.

I was thinking more “BS Report” version. Longer form show, more room for banter, etc.

Simmons TV track record says otherwise.

Meh - he’d figure it out. The NBA show wasn’t enough time and the HBO show got cancelled too quickly, IMO. I thought it was growing into itself.

I pretty much skip it all and wait for LeBatard to come on.

I loved Mike & Mike but I hadn’t been watching it nearly as long as many of you probably were. So I get that.

Golic and Wingo haven’t worked out their chemistry yet, IMO. Kind of hard when one or the other isn’t there half the time.

The commercials for Get Up are more entertaining than the show itself.

I agree and more detrimental and annoying is junior as a third wheel , a wheel that's trying to make the show one of those 2 front wheeled bikes. Kid never paid his dues and rode daddy's name and position within ESPN to not only avoid the chopping block last year but ascend quickly and talent free.