ESPN Story - Friend of hoaxer says Manti Te'o not involved | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Story - Friend of hoaxer says Manti Te'o not involved

Its going to take alot more than an unidentified "friend" to make me believe all this... To make me believe that Te'o wasent involved, to make me believe that Te'o didnt pay these people off.

you will see the wagons circle now ($$$$).

smokeandmirrors.jpeg

To be honest I think it's worse for him if he isn't in on it, at least if he was it would be a super clever prank he pulled on everyone. If he wasn't in on it he is either hiding his own sexuality or the biggest moron on the planet

To be honest I think it's worse for him if he isn't in on it, at least if he was it would be a super clever prank he pulled on everyone. If he wasn't in on it he is either hiding his own sexuality or the biggest moron on the planet

I dont think very many people are going to consider this a "super clever prank"

So maybe he was duped. But then again he embellished the story. Regardless, he was in on it.

Does he know Lance Armstrong?
They must be connected somehow the athlete that pulled off the biggest fraud of the decade vs the Athlete that pulled of the biggest of the year.

Anyone who goes on record ow and says anything but the absolute truth on this subject has to be the biggest moron on the planet.

There are way to many things that don't make sense. It's convenient that the friend would take the hit...

So maybe he was duped. But then again he embellished the story. Regardless, he was in on it.
Embellishing the story and being in on it are two different things. Being in on it from the beginning is worse IMO than embellishing the true nature of the relationship to avoid having to admit you are in a strictly online relationship with someone you call your "girlfriend".

BS. Tell me how hard would it have been for Te'o to have a layover in LA on his way back to Hawaii to visit his good friend/girlfriend... ... just once... in the four years he has known her... particularly when she had an accident or leukemia?

It's no coincidence that this story came out after he signed with an agent and now his "friend" is taking the blame. Pay off. Big time.

I think the dude was embarrassed to say he was online dating. That's why he just said he had a girlfriend in the first place. Then when he realized he was duped he felt like a total moron and didn't know what to do.

I think the dude was embarrassed to say he was online dating. That's why he just said he had a girlfriend in the first place. Then when he realized he was duped he felt like a total moron and didn't know what to do.
Twice the victim. Poor guy. And eating the cost of those flowers he sent too.

BS. Tell me how hard would it have been for Te'o to have a layover in LA on his way back to Hawaii to visit his good friend/girlfriend... ... just once... in the four years he has known her... particularly when she had an accident or leukemia?

It's no coincidence that this story came out after he signed with an agent and now his "friend" is taking the blame. Pay off. Big time.
Not just a layover. ND plays in CA once per year, (USC or Stanford). How do you play a game at the school your girlfriend is attending (Stanford) and not see her while you are there? As an ND fan, I want to believe Manti, but I can't get by this nor the fact that, as you say, he never visited her when she had cancer and a car accident.

Embellishing the story and being in on it are two different things. Being in on it from the beginning is worse IMO than embellishing the true nature of the relationship to avoid having to admit you are in a strictly online relationship with someone you call your "girlfriend".
Ok, so he "rolled" with it. I agree, it would have been worse if he masterminded it, but its becoming obvious that maybe he was just mastersomething else.

Not just a layover. ND plays in CA once per year, (USC or Stanford). How do you play a game at the school your girlfriend is attending (Stanford) and not see her while you are there? As an ND fan, I want to believe Manti, but I can't get by this nor the fact that, as you say, he never visited her when she had cancer and a car accident.

If Manti wants us to believe he is the "victim" he needs to answer these questions, directly. If he starts saying "no comment" he's full of .

Lets see the phone records. He claimed to call her every day and stay up to all hours listening to her on the ventilator

Lets see the phone records. He claimed to call her every day and stay up to all hours listening to her on the ventilator
I'm sure Swarbrick has seen the phone records. No way he can go all in without them.

If Manti wants us to believe he is the "victim" he needs to answer these questions, directly. If he starts saying "no comment" he's full of .
On second thought, ND always plays in CA on Thanksgiving weekend, so Manti could say that the girl always said she was going to be somewhere else for the holiday each year. That does not explain though how he could not visit her in the hospital.

I tend to think that was what went down as well. Started an online relationship, thought who he was talking to was who she claimed to be. Embellished a few things along when pointedly asked about the relationship because he was embarrased about meeting someone online. Then the rug got pulled out, he realized it was a hoax, and was mortified.

If people can be duped with that whole Prince of Nigeria email scam (and it does happen), then they certainly can be duped by someone pretending to be someone they're not. If Te'o had a Myspace or Facebook account, could have been as simple as someone sending him a random message on there, him seeing pictures and thinking the girl is hot so why not, and then he gets reeled in.

The one thing I'm curious about is the phone calls - if this all leads back to a guy as the way it's turning out now, I wonder if he has a really feminine voice or was using some sort of voice manipulator to sound like a woman. I'm also wondering if the guy was just malicious and getting a kick out of playing a hoax or if he was gay and this was his way of acting on that without people finding out.