ESPN top 100 NBA prospects | Syracusefan.com

ESPN top 100 NBA prospects

I love Brissett's game, especially where he is as a freshman. However, no way is he even close to being an nba player. He's just trying to figure out how to be a solid college player. Nothing like drafting potential, right McCollough?

Couldn't be. I was told by people here that OB isn't an NBA prospect.

It's almost as if people don't watch or follow the NBA.
He is a prospect but I can’t see him being drafted this year.
Unless the team in the 2nd round had multiple picks.
If Brissett leaves after this year he wants to get paid to play pro ball. Which is fine by me.

Don't see either of these guys moving much lower, unless, by some miracle we surprisingly make the tournament again as a 10 or 11 seed and one of these guys pulls a Mali. It seems like it was just yesterday when worrying about guys leaving was at top 15 or so, then to anywhere in the first round...now it's has deluded to the 2nd round. Peculiar trend...

He is a prospect but I can’t see him being drafted this year.
Unless the team in the 2nd round had multiple picks.
If Brissett leaves after this year he wants to get paid to play pro ball. Which is fine by me.

I think he stays one more year.

He may end up a second round pick no matter what, but those picks are going to be more important with the cap not being what teams thought after that initial massive jump.

I will say, I'm guessing there are agents saying the following:
1) The more years in the zone, the more it hurts your draft stock.
2) Coach is running you into the ground. If you get injured, it hurts your draft stock.
3) Next year they have Bazely coming in who will be the featured player. Why play second fiddle to a rook when you can start getting paid and not have to worry about class?

Again, I think he is coming back and will leave after next year, but there is no way multiple people aren't telling him the above stuff.

I think the bigger stunner here is it is not even a sure thing Battle will be drafted.

I'm not stunned much when you look at his mechanical flaws on his J, combined with his inconsistent shot. He has that hitch at the top of his release, as well as his legs angling outward (vs. straight up and down) when rising. He'll need to improve his mechanics or prove, with his relatively poor form, to be able to routinely stroke it.

We’ll somehow make it into March, these two will have multiple big postseason performances, spread their wings and fly away.

I think the bigger stunner here is it is not even a sure thing Battle will be drafted.

He's still a very talented scorer, but his game hasn't rounded itself out the way people were hoping IMO. 3 point shot has fallen off this year and he still brings nearly nothing to the table outside of scoring, which hasn't been nearly as efficient as he was as a freshman.

You can make a case that Battle should have tested the draft last year based on the projected talent on the roster this year. The offensive shortcomings are forcing him to do too much. In OB's case, however, he would have a better chance at thriving with next year's lineup.

He is a prospect but he isn't a NBA ready player, yet.

He doesn't need to be an NBA-ready player to be drafted. In fact, playing in the 2-3 zone and in our current offense probably isn't helping him get to be NBA-ready as quickly as practicing with an NBA team and not worrying about geology homework.

Again, I think he stays, but Syracuse is the pit stop and not the destination.

Have we not learned this yet? It doesn't matter if Brissett is ready. All that matter is if he has the potential. He's more skilled than Jeremy Grant was as a sophomore. Based on recent history, that sounds like mid second round to me.

I'm almost done caring. The idea of watching someone with potential mature into a star is dead along with the fun that goes with it.

Last edited:
I know it's frustrating as an SU fan to have players leave early, but do people not realize that Syracuse is just the vehicle to get to the NBA?

Have you watched our team this year and thought, "you know what, this offense, in its current form, is exactly like they are running in the NBA and our guys will be prepared".

The 2-3 zone matters.

Having to deal with school work instead of having all day to focus on basketball matters.

And this isn't just our team, every team complains about players leaving early. They deal with most of the same stuff.

Here is the good spin: we keep producing NBA players. Come to Cuse, get to the league. We are putting guys in the league and they are making it.

BTW, so we can avoid this next year, let's say OB comes back. We could lose: DB, JC, OB and Marek (I always consider him a flight risk to back to being a pro after any year). This will keep happening.

I know it's frustrating as an SU fan to have players leave early, but do people not realize that Syracuse is just the vehicle to get to the NBA?

Have you watched our team this year and thought, "you know what, this offense, in its current form, is exactly like they are running in the NBA and our guys will be prepared".

The 2-3 zone matters.

Having to deal with school work instead of having all day to focus on basketball matters.

And this isn't just our team, every team complains about players leaving early. They deal with most of the same stuff.

Here is the good spin: we keep producing NBA players. Come to Cuse, get to the league. We are putting guys in the league and they are making it.

BTW, so we can avoid this next year, let's say OB comes back. We could lose: DB, JC, OB and Marek (I always consider him a flight risk to back to being a pro after any year). This will keep happening.
It's frustrating to not be a top 25 team, regardless of the reason. All the schools live in the same reality. In relation to our peers, we haven't navigated the current reality as well as we used to.

Part of the reason more second rounders may go, is the fact that teams now have an additional 3 2-way contracts. If a second rounder can nab one of those he gets paid more in the G-League than other.

let's say OB comes back. We could lose: DB, JC, OB and Marek (I always consider him a flight risk to back to being a pro after any year). This will keep happening.
It's a lot easier as a fan to lose players early if they actually accomplish something while in a Syracuse uniform. Give us a great regular season, a deep run in the conf tourney or NCAAs, or any combination of the above.

It's a lot easier as a fan to lose players early if they actually accomplish something while in a Syracuse uniform. Give us a great regular season, a deep run in the conf tourney or NCAAs, or any combination of the above.

I suggest you get over this line of thinking. The players owe you and all fans absolutely nothing.

Mike nailed it when he said Syracuse is the pit stop to where they want to be.

I'm with you. It felt different losing Jonny Flynn than Tyler Lydon.