ESPN + | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN +

Ridiculous that something that was free now has to be paid for. Having said that, they got my 5 bucks. No more than that though.

It wasn't that long ago that some of these games weren't on anything at all. This is $5. I pay for a billion FiOS channels so would prefer that but meh.

Oh noes pay 5 bucks for this one game.

SHUT

UP

AND

TAKE

MY

MONEY

I'll save that by the second beer, plus not have to deal with jackhole BWW Chads.

If anyone has the investing app Acorns they offer a 5$ credit if you sign up for ESPN+

Since I'm a newbie to ESPN+, can you give me a quick overview of their other content.

For professional stuff, they have a lot of soccer. They have boxing, UFC, tennis, as well as a wide assortment of college sports like soccer, baseball, tennis, and volleyball. They also have a random sampling of MLB games such as the Nationals - Mets game on Labor Day. Right now there are US open men’s matches on and earlier they had doubles matches on. TONS of the lesser NCAA football games each Saturday. Access to all their original content like 30 for 30, fantasy football and baseball shows, some of which are exclusive to ESPN+. That’s just their streaming content. You also get access to all the “Insider” articles on ESPN.com.

Is it a money grab? Yeah, probably. Is it worth it? Compared to my other monthly entertainment bills, I think so.

I subscribed today through Roku on my television and now because I won’t be home I can’t figure out how to watch it on my IPad without having to pay for another subscription??? I’ve done everything I can think of and no go. I figured if I owned a sub I could watch it anywhere on any device. Silly me Big mistake.

Seems I should have purchased it through the espn app via iTunes. Not happy.

I subscribed today through Roku on my television and now because I won’t be home I can’t figure out how to watch it on my IPad without having to pay for another subscription??? I’ve done everything I can think of and no go. I figured if I owned a sub I could watch it anywhere on any device. Silly me Big mistake.

you are not doing something write.. did you use your espn credentials to login and apply your espn+ info?

I purchased mine on my desktop and it works on the Roku. It used my ESPN credentials.

ESPN+ is a great deal and was never free.. i dont get all the complaining.
People already pay enough to get access to espn. No justification for having to pay another 5 for an obscure service you will only use once.
It's the principal, I guess. Get off my lawn

People already pay enough to get access to espn. No justification for having to pay another 5 for an obscure service you will only use once.
It's the principal, I guess. Get off my lawn
Once upon a time, in the dark ages, we had uhf, vhf and 4 channels and something called rabbit ears. Having the ability to watch all these games is something I don't mind paying for.

you are not doing something write.. did you use your espn credentials to login and apply your espn+ info?

I’ll give it another whirl but it was purchased through roku (roku credentials) roku sent me the receipt.

Went through roku app on tv, clicked into espn+, i selected purchase and my roku keypad came up where it says enter pin - as if renting a movie - so I entered and purchased a sub.

Now I go to iPad, espn app, select espn+ and it wants a sign in or new subscription. I sign in, but there’s no way to tell it I’m already a plus subscriber. It doesn’t tie the accounts together and there’s no ‘roku’ provider selection unless I’m missing it.

ESPN sucks.Last year Watch ESPN couldn’t watch unless it was on my home tv. This year have to pay for non ACCN games. They eliminated ESPN U in my Spectrum steaming plus ESPN NEWS which is showing the Fla State game.it won’t be long before every game will require a viewing fee. Never thought therewb pay tv or pay for water. Soon it will be Pay to breathe and piss. Only the rich get rick!
That sucks. I think I had the FSU game on one of the regular ESPNs where I live.

Once upon a time, in the dark ages, we had uhf, vhf and 4 channels and something called rabbit ears. Having the ability to watch all these games is something I don't mind paying for.
Sure. But that hasn't been the case for 25 years, so when games that used to be included in the price people already paid now cost extra, that sucks.

I cut the cord years ago! I refuse to pay over 100 for a bunch of nonsense I don't watch! $5 for sports and insider info is worth it! Hell you get paid more taking a poop at work then what it costs a month. It's so worth it!

ESPN+ is a great deal and was never free.. i dont get all the complaining.
But espn3 was and now that content is on espn+.

I get what they're doing. They're recouping the money they're losing from the cord cutters. As someone that has not cut the cord, I don't like paying more

I got free $20 credit through PayPal so I'm using that to pay for the game

I’ll give it another whirl but it was purchased through roku (roku credentials) roku sent me the receipt.

Went through roku app on tv, clicked into espn+, i selected purchase and my roku keypad came up where it says enter pin - as if renting a movie - so I entered and purchased a sub.

Now I go to iPad, espn app, select espn+ and it wants a sign in or new subscription. I sign in, but there’s no way to tell it I’m already a plus subscriber. It doesn’t tie the accounts together and there’s no ‘roku’ provider selection unless I’m missing it.

I'm no Roku expert but did you try downloading the Roku app on your phone and accessing it that way.

And I'd make sure that you are logged into the right ESPN account. I know when I purchased it I bought it I have one old ESPN account and one that is liked to my Facebook. When I purchased it I was in my old account and when I opened the app it said that I hadn't purchased it so I had to switch ESPN accounts in the app.

I'm trying to stream the game on ESPN+ on my Samsung UHD55. I already signed up for ESPN+ on my PC but would rather watch it on 55 rather than 25". Can't figure out how to link subscription to my TV or even sign on the TV either. Any help from others who have done this?

I'm trying to stream the game on ESPN+ on my Samsung UHD55. I already signed up for ESPN+ on my PC but would rather watch it on 55 rather than 25". Can't figure out how to link subscription to my TV or even sign on the TV either. Any help from others who have done this?
I just clicked on the ESPN+ link and it automatically opened upon my tv but I am using Roku. I did have to reset my ESPN set up on Roku the other day when trying to get ACCN.

I refuse to pay for it. Either it shows up on YouTube later or I miss watching a game this year. Ridiculous

Local radio TK99 for me via Alexa

Last edited:
Go to espn app through your tv and go to the settings up top. (Sign in to your ESPN account that you used to subscribe to espn+ on your smartphone or pc) once in settings go to login with espn account and it will have a code that you use to link the accounts.

I can’t believe people are worried about paying $5 to watch a game. My Starbucks coffee costs the same. Btw... if you don’t like it, complain to Syracuse for scheduling a road game against a team so bad their TV deal is internet only. If this was a home game you’d be good to go, as we would own the TV rights, not liberty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom