ESPN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN

Ugh. I've been staying out of this thread but the 1st Ammendment has NOTHING to do with Bob Costas.

Sad that so many Americans don't know what the 1st Ammendment does.

I don't know why, but every time I hear someone complaining about their 1st amendment rights being trampled, I think of Sarah Palin. And then I think of how stupid she is. And then I realize she was almost Vice President. And then I just shake my head...

First of all, I didn't command that he stay off the board. If he can't handle the firefight in here, that's fine, but he doesn't have the right to tell anyone to stop making a forceful argument. Maybe for his own peace of mind, he should refrain from entering the fray, but that would be his decision, & his alone. There is no contradiction in my statements here.

Secondly, Your opinion that the media is mostly conservative, is LAUGHABLE !!!!

The media protected Barack Obama & other Democrats throughout his first campaign, his presidency, & now this latest campaign. For example, when the 9/11 Benghazi attacks occurred, & it was obvious that this administration dropped the ball on it, there was no mention of Obama's malfeasance in this matter by a vast majority of media outlets, but they did do a nice job of redirecting with incessant reports concerning Romney's criticism of the administration for allowing the murders of our citizen representatives.

To THIS DAY, the media has STILL not reported fully on the administration's role in this disaster, but again, found a new diversion with Susan Rice as the victim of racism. So, it's not an indictment of this failed president & the death he has left in his wake, but it is definitely a sad commentary on the evil conservatives who are picking on a black woman who is absolutely not complicit in the commission of a criminal cover-up to protect the TEFLON TYRANT...

Actually, the diversion to Susan Rice was mostly the Republicans doing. They got caught up in trying to make sure she wasn't a Secretary of State nominee instead of wanting what I think both sides should want, which is a further understanding of what went wrong, who knew what, and how can we avoid this happening again.

But then we never got that in terms of the Iran War and the Weapons of Mass Destruction that also was false intel either, so I don't have much hope of seeing it in this case either.

Cheers,
Neil

First of all, I didn't command that he stay off the board. If he can't handle the firefight in here, that's fine, but he doesn't have the right to tell anyone to stop making a forceful argument. Maybe for his own peace of mind, he should refrain from entering the fray, but that would be his decision, & his alone. There is no contradiction in my statements here.

Secondly, Your opinion that the media is mostly conservative, is LAUGHABLE !!!!

The media protected Barack Obama & other Democrats throughout his first campaign, his presidency, & now this latest campaign. For example, when the 9/11 Benghazi attacks occurred, & it was obvious that this administration dropped the ball on it, there was no mention of Obama's malfeasance in this matter by a vast majority of media outlets, but they did do a nice job of redirecting with incessant reports concerning Romney's criticism of the administration for allowing the murders of our citizen representatives.

To THIS DAY, the media has STILL not reported fully on the administration's role in this disaster, but again, found a new diversion with Susan Rice as the victim of racism. So, it's not an indictment of this failed president & the death he has left in his wake, but it is definitely a sad commentary on the evil conservatives who are picking on a black woman who is absolutely not complicit in the commission of a criminal cover-up to protect the TEFLON TYRANT...

I didn't say the media was conservative, i said it was mostly liberal, but that nearly 50% of the people in this country have conservative views, so why don't they change it. The most powerful internet news media site is a conservative site. It can be done. That was my point.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Ugh. I've been staying out of this thread but the 1st Ammendment has NOTHING to do with Bob Costas.

You are probably right given it governs the gov't restricting speech/expression/press. If citizens want to boycott NBC, call for him to be fired, etc. that isn't a 1st amendment issue.

I didn't say the media was conservative, i said it was mostly liberal, but that nearly 50% of the people in this country have conservative views, so why don't they change it. The most powerful internet news media site is a conservative site. It can be done. That was my point.

The answer to this is...

Although many Americans hold conservative views, they are not mentally invested in the everyday logistics of the political milieu, & the liberal media exploits their apathy with subterfuge. If most of the American people can be fooled that our media is unbiased, the media can get away with marginalizing the conservative elements of their profession.

You are witnessing this firsthand. So, basically, the louder the conservatives in media get, the more the liberal members brand them as extremist crazies. Unfortunately, this tactic has worked, which is why we have another four years of this failed presidency.

The conservative messengers & messages are not flawed, it is the liberal stronghold that has rendered the inoculation innocuous.

The key to changing all of this is to convince the conservative factions in America to take politics more seriously, & QUESTION everything the media disseminates.

How about bringing back death by public hanging? This thread has gone way beyond OT...

Well, NBC is a mouthpiece for this government. ;)
Oh yeah: Fire!
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Look at the nonsense Melissa Joan Hart went through on twitter when she backed Romney and then you will understand why more don't speak out. She was viciously attacked by a bunch of liberal wingnuts ... for ... heaven forbid ... voting along the conservative lines ... the poor girl will have a very difficult time keeping a job in Hollywood and she even stated that was par for the course. You should have seen her twitter ... it was disgusting.

Look at the nonsense Melissa Joan Hart went through on twitter when she backed Romney and then you will understand why more don't speak out. She was viciously attacked by a bunch of liberal wingnuts ... for ... heaven forbid ... voting along the conservative lines ... the poor girl will have a very difficult time keeping a job in Hollywood and she even stated that was par for the course. You should have seen her twitter ... it was disgusting.

Lord no, not twitter attacks from random people. She and you should get some thicker skin if you want to stand up for what you believe in. Nobody is forcing her to work in Hollywood, gone find another job. Much worse has happened to people who wanted to and cared to influence change in this country. If you want to talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.

Lord no, not twitter attacks from random people. She and you should get some thicker skin if you want to stand up for what you believe in. Nobody is forcing her to work in Hollywood, gone find another job. Much worse has happened to people who wanted to and cared to influence change in this country. If you want to talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.

I can more than talk and walk pal ... but you miss the point in the long run ... why does this not surprise me based on your response.

Sad that so many Americans can't spell Amendment...

:p

I don't know why, but every time I hear someone complaining about their 1st amendment rights being trampled, I think of Sarah Palin. And then I think of how stupid she is. And then I realize she was almost Vice President. And then I just shake my head and think that instead of a proven executive we have that moron Biden." Fixed.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Fantastic! Its not like Biden actually gave up classified data in the middle of a public speaking arrangement ... that guy is a putz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom