ESPN | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN

Bob Costas made his assertion on a SPORTS broadcast, therefore this issue is no longer OFF TOPIC.

He dragged it in, let him drag it out...
On this board, it is OFF TOPIC.

I think a youtube video of your thoughts via an acoustic song is in order, no?

Bob drew first blood...

If Mr. Costas wants to make controversial statements, he should be prepared for controversial retorts...

I don't think he's reading this board, bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many guns is one thing. But gun control had little to do with this incident. Hell, the kid in Wyoming or wherever just used a bow and arrow and knife for his murder suicide.

And not taking his own life would have meant one less death.

Sorry but on this one I'm with Bob- too many guns.

Just like when you sing shirtless. :rolleyes:

Wasn't a fan of your posting a while ago, then it got better. We're back to square one now!

What's the fun of standing still?

We're on the move !!!!

Am I only the only one who finds it ironic 2nd amendments supporters are aguring their side by attacking Costas 1st amendment rights?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Am I only the only one who finds it ironic 2nd amendments supporters are aguring their side by attacking Costas 1st amendment rights?

I may not agree with what you say, and I reserve the right to shoot you for saying it . . . T. Pain

O

Not enough. The concealed carry states have the lowest crime rates, while gun control places like NYC, Chicago, LA, etc have huge gun death problems. Also, have drug laws taught people nothing about the effectiveness of prohibitive policies.

This is just stupid ... sorry ... but most of the people impacted by gun control are the ones who use them legally ... ask the Ole Brits how gun control is working out for their citizens .. this is stupid ... Costas should have kept his yap shut.

I was in the Dominican on vacation a few years ago and ran into a British couple who told me all about gun control in GB and the chaos it has called ... their neighbors turned in the firearms and two months later the gentleman ended up with a fractured skull because criminals broke into the house and the only thing he had to spook them off was a butcher's knife ... unfortunately the baseball bat they used had a much longer reach. I personally know a couple people who avoided near death or at the very least a serious crime because they had weapons ... this country is headed down a very slippery slope and those people with their hands out looking for freebees are flushing this country down the toilet ... this new detainment policy enacted by Obama is just one more nail in this nation's proverbial coffin.

No one is saying he can't express his opinion, we are only ridiculing his opinion. He can say he doesn't like guns, but he can NEVER enforce his opinion upon us.

No one is saying he can't express his opinion, we are only ridiculing his opinion. He can say he doesn't like guns, but he can NEVER enforce his opinion upon us.

Don't you spend half of your posts on here trying to "enforce" your opinions on everyone else?

Don't you spend half of your posts on here trying to "enforce" your opinions on everyone else?

Nope. I am expressing my opinion. Where have I forced anything upon anyone? You can CHOOSE to agree or disagree.

Nope. I am expressing my opinion. Where have I forced anything upon anyone? You can CHOOSE to agree or disagree.

But when someone disagrees you get all holier than thou and start typing random words with your caps-lock on, and tell everyone how your viewpoints are the only valid ones.

But when someone disagrees you get all holier than thou and start typing random words with your caps-lock on, and tell everyone how your viewpoints are the only valid ones.
That's different from putting people in jail. This should be obvious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have very strong opinions, as do many of us on here. I have seen quite a few demonstrative assertions & retorts from my brethren here, both agreeable & disagreeable to my values.

If you can't face the fury, retreat to the safety of stagnant bliss...

I have very strong opinions, as do many of us on here. I have seen quite a few demonstrative assertions & retorts from my brethren here, both agreeable & disagreeable to my values.

If you can't face the fury, retreat to the safety of stagnant bliss...

So using your own logic, if you don't like hearing someone elses opinion on gun control, don't turn the TV on. You stated earlier Bob was forcing something on people. It was his opinion, he has a 1st amendment right to state his opinion. Likewise, it is within your rights to not watch television if you believe there is a chance you may hear something you might disagree with. We'll never change 2nd amendment rights to bear arms in this country, but it a legit debate to discuss the ease and availability with which citizens can get guns.

I have every right to watch him say something stupid, AND ridicule his stupidity. Bob WANTS to force people to give up their guns. He has the right to wish for that, but he can never have that wish granted, because it violates our individual liberties.

I also believe it makes the media seem too politically driven when they broadcast these types of opinions. Again, they are fully within their rights to disseminate any opinion they desire, but it certainly does them no favors in their credibility ratings.

However, make NO mistake: If Bob Costas & his ilk where granted their bucket list in part or in totality, all Americans would be violated like a parking meter.

I have every right to watch him say something stupid, AND ridicule his stupidity. Bob WANTS to force people to give up their guns. He has the right to wish for that, but he can never have that wish granted, because it violates our individual liberties.

I also believe it makes the media seem too politically driven when they broadcast these types of opinions. Again, they are fully within their rights to disseminate any opinion they desire, but it certainly does them no favors in their credibility ratings.

However, make NO mistake: If Bob Costas & his ilk where granted their bucket list in part or in totality, all Americans would be violated like a parking meter.

I'm just responding to your comment ridiculing another poster and telling him to stay off the board if he didn't like your opinions. You have every right to state them and he has every right to ridicule you, just as you do Costas. Your logic is contradictory if you don't see it.

The media is liberal argument seems odd to me. The past election just showed their is nearly 50% that has more conservative views (and I was on the voting side that lost). Why don't those people pool some money and start more media outlets? Just stating out loud something I've long though. I mean Drudge is conservative and relatively new so its not like you can't start some form of media from scratch and have it become popular (its the most popular internet news site I believe). Instead of continuing to complain about the liberal media, I don't understand why conservatives don't use that energy to change it.

Ugh. I've been staying out of this thread but the 1st Ammendment has NOTHING to do with Bob Costas.

Sad that so many Americans don't know what the 1st Ammendment does.

I'm just responding to your comment ridiculing another poster and telling him to stay off the board if he didn't like your opinions. You have every right to state them and he has every right to ridicule you, just as you do Costas. Your logic is contradictory if you don't see it.

The media is liberal argument seems odd to me. The past election just showed their is nearly 50% that has more conservative views (and I was on the voting side that lost). Why don't those people pool some money and start more media outlets? Just stating out loud something I've long though. I mean Drudge is conservative and relatively new so its not like you can't start some form of media from scratch and have it become popular (its the most popular internet news site I believe). Instead of continuing to complain about the liberal media, I don't understand why conservatives don't use that energy to change it.

First of all, I didn't command that he stay off the board. If he can't handle the firefight in here, that's fine, but he doesn't have the right to tell anyone to stop making a forceful argument. Maybe for his own peace of mind, he should refrain from entering the fray, but that would be his decision, & his alone. There is no contradiction in my statements here.

Secondly, Your opinion that the media is mostly conservative, is LAUGHABLE !!!!

The media protected Barack Obama & other Democrats throughout his first campaign, his presidency, & now this latest campaign. For example, when the 9/11 Benghazi attacks occurred, & it was obvious that this administration dropped the ball on it, there was no mention of Obama's malfeasance in this matter by a vast majority of media outlets, but they did do a nice job of redirecting with incessant reports concerning Romney's criticism of the administration for allowing the murders of our citizen representatives.

To THIS DAY, the media has STILL not reported fully on the administration's role in this disaster, but again, found a new diversion with Susan Rice as the victim of racism. So, it's not an indictment of this failed president & the death he has left in his wake, but it is definitely a sad commentary on the evil conservatives who are picking on a black woman who is absolutely not complicit in the commission of a criminal cover-up to protect the TEFLON TYRANT...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom