ESPN's David Hale ranked how he has ACC schools talent by position. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN's David Hale ranked how he has ACC schools talent by position.

Someone just pointed this out a couple days ago, but you are wrong. The depth chart that was just released is something like 10 Shafer recruits as 1st string players. Last year it was pretty much the entire 2 deep on both sides of the ball.

I’ll need to check the depth chart at the beginning of the year, but between Coleman, Martin, butler, Bradshaw, and Black. I’d be surprised to find out that this is true.

This is what's left of Shafer's recruits.

dungey
whitner
pickard
chris fredrick
hof
cullen
duerig
evan adams
strickland
byrne
perkins
conway
cordy
slayton
roberts
custis

Nobody in the 2016 Class is a Shafer recruit. Neal, Heckle, Bradshaw and Rex were extended offers by the Babers staff. (they were all free to leave they didn't.)

In terms of Shafer kids being on the depth chart - who cares, you need to field a team. Babers could've come in and purged the roster like Marrone did. He didn't it's a different philosophy. He's tried to win with the kids he was dealt with.

Someone just pointed this out a couple days ago, but you are wrong. The depth chart that was just released is something like 10 Shafer recruits as 1st string players. Last year it was pretty much the entire 2 deep on both sides of the ball.

I wanted to do an addendum to my previous reply (since I need to spend time doing something during my lunch break).

Here is a link to the depth chart for Central Connecticut.

7 starters were Shader recruits (2 on the D-Line, 3 LBs, Cordy, and Frederick). Not quite 10 players. Even more telling, 12 if the 22 players on the two deep were Babers recruits.

After one season and two recruiting classes, over half of the depth chart had turned over.

Yeah I was more directing the distorted angst against ALSACS who seems offended by anyone bringing up any remote positives that Shafer had. He was a bad coach. I'm with everyone on that point but I get the hire at the time and i certainly got the firing at the time.

I give the university a pass on it as well b/c the trajectory was upwards when Marrone left. I have and will always disagree with the perception of the direction when Pasqualoni was fired. What we later learned was Pasqualoni was owed a few more years to see if he could work with Gross. It was such a haphazard firing for a guy who is the most successful HC in SU history win %/bowl games wise.
Shafer is glorified like he was a great defensive coordinator.
He did an okay job. That is the root of it.
He isn’t Bill Belichick. He was okay.
That glorification plus the fact he should have been hired causes my reactions.
Shafer people and the fact he was hired.

Shafer is glorified like he was a great defensive coordinator.
He did an okay job. That is the root of it.
He isn’t Bill Belichick. He was okay.
That glorification plus the fact he should have been hired causes my reactions.
Shafer people and the fact he was hired.
He was a good enough d coordinator to beat us with a team from MTSU

He was a good enough d coordinator to beat us with a team from MTSU
I gave him credit for beating us last year.
What his defense did faking injuries was Bush league but he got the W.
He still isn’t a genius DC as I said he was okay.
He gets overrated because the D was dominanting garbage BE offenses. I give him credit for WVU and always have.

I gave him credit for beating us last year.
What his defense did faking injuries was Bush league but he got the W.
He still isn’t a genius DC as I said he was okay.
He gets overrated because the D was dominanting garbage BE offenses. I give him credit for WVU and always have.

MTSU had the best player on the field that day - their QB.

For a guy that hired for a football pedigree, Gross was the absolute worst at this.