Estime | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Estime

Morris is hurt so they in fact have to replace him. The coaches determined PTG was the best shot.

yes, and they said they didnt choose Estime because they decided early in the season to have him focus strictly on offense. He plays 2-5 snaps per game, so i dont buy it. My only point was they should have had him back there from day 1 handling returns. Just my opinion.

yes, and they said they didnt choose Estime because they decided early in the season to have him focus strictly on offense. He plays 2-5 snaps per game, so i dont buy it. My only point was they should have had him back there from day 1 handling returns. Just my opinion.
They didn't say they didn't choose him because the made a call early in the season and won't change it. They did say they want him to concentrate on offense. We are only 1/2-way through the season so who knows where he will end up (# of snaps, etc.). I get we all have opinions but I have a hard time saying who would be best at what position when, unlike coaches, I don't see these kids practicing day in and day out. Who knows, maybe they have tried Estime at KO return in practice and he has muffed them... I have no idea but it would be silly of me to think I know better than the coaches of what Estime's best capabilities are. Even guys like Qadry Ismail had to wait their turn...for when the would more often help their team that be a liability.

And do you watch practice and see how he catches kick offs and punts? Maybe he drops too many in practice. Get over it and stop rooting for our returners to fail.

They didn't say they didn't choose him because the made a call early in the season and won't change it. They did say they want him to concentrate on offense. We are only 1/2-way through the season so who knows where he will end up (# of snaps, etc.). I get we all have opinions but I have a hard time saying who would be best at what position when, unlike coaches, I don't see these kids practicing day in and day out. Who knows, maybe they have tried Estime at KO return in practice and he has muffed them... I have no idea but it would be silly of me to think I know better than the coaches of what Estime's best capabilities are. Even guys like Qadry Ismail had to wait their turn...for when the would more often help their team that be a liability.

baffles me how people seem to think coaches know everything and make no mistakes.
we shall see i guess...

That's a shot? His numbers aren't very good at all the past couple games. In fact they are horrid. It's rarely just the receivers, it's rarely just the QB. It takes two to tangle. Maybe you haven't seen the games? Maybe you haven't seen the stats?

And FWIW, not that I need to explain anything to you, like Shamarko I want this kid to succeed more than anyone because of his personal situation. But we're discussing football here. You have to out aside that stuff. So I will repeat, he has been as bad as the WR's these last two games.

Carry on now with your eyes closed.
The phrase is actually "it takes two to tango" not "it takes two to tangle." You may want to work that stuff out before blasting someone. That is all. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

The phrase is actually "it takes two to tango" not "it takes two to tangle." You may want to work that stuff out before blasting someone. That is all. Carry on.

-

I'll let my phone spellchecker know.

You might want to comprehend why I blasted him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baffles me how people seem to think coaches know everything and make no mistakes.
we shall see i guess...
who thinks coaches don't make mistakes? I said they know more than me about players they coach. Do you think you know more about Estime than the coaches? How many kickoffs has he muffed in practice? Oh, you don't know?

we have the slowest kick returners around. i don't understand why you have a non homerun threat returning kicks. McFarlene doesn't set the world on fire with his speed either.
It could be worse, Rene is still on the team right?

I'll let my phone spellchecker know.

You might want to comprehend why I blasted him.
What was it from my post indicates to you that I did not comprehend why you blasted him?

I don't see anybody posting anything unreasonable here.

I am as much a Hunt booster as anyone but there is no getting around the fact that he has played poorly in the passing game in his first two ACC games. While this is not, in and of itself, shocking, the degree to which he declined vs Tulane is somewhat shocking.

As has been pointed out there is enough blame to go around - WR's not getting open, some drops, play calling, play design, new OC and the other teams' defenses all contribute to poor performance.

Hunt just has to learn and his supporting cast has to improve - pretty standard stuff.

My hope and belief is that everyone involved in the passing game improves as the season advances and that Hunt leads us to a bowl game. Given everything that has happened in the last 10 months, a bowl and mid-division finish in the Atlantic Division would be pretty impressive.

We all knew there would be ups and downs this season and I for one am just surprised with the degree of both.

Go Orange!

I don't see anybody posting anything unreasonable here.

I am as much a Hunt booster as anyone but there is no getting around the fact that he has played poorly in the passing game in his first two ACC games. While this is not, in and of itself, shocking, the degree to which he declined vs Tulane is somewhat shocking.

As has been pointed out there is enough blame to go around - WR's not getting open, some drops, play calling, play design, new OC and the other teams' defenses all contribute to poor performance.

Hunt just has to learn and his supporting cast has to improve - pretty standard stuff.

My hope and belief is that everyone involved in the passing game improves as the season advances and that Hunt leads us to a bowl game. Given everything that has happened in the last 10 months, a bowl and mid-division finish in the Atlantic Division would be pretty impressive.

We all knew there would be ups and downs this season and I for one am just surprised with the degree of both.

Go Orange!
We won our last game even though Hunt had a poor game. That's a good thing.

And do you watch practice and see how he catches kick offs and punts? Maybe he drops too many in practice. Get over it and stop rooting for our returners to fail.

I saw him in a game. How he hasn't been our returner from day 1 baffles me. The excuse by Shafer was he had to concentrate on offense. Was he even on the field for one play on offense?