Estime | Syracusefan.com

Estime

anomander

Living Legend
Did anyone read the article about Estime not playing because he doesn't grasp the playbook? If this is still the case after 6 games don't you think he could have used a redshirt? If he is going to stay at H-Back he is going to be stuck behind Ashton for 3 years anyways. Why not use a shirt, get the playbook down, and have 2 full years separating him and Ashton? I guess you can argue we need depth behind AB in case of injury, but i'm sure they could have plugged someone else in this season. Just seems like a wasted year to me for a potentially special player.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/10/why_didnt_brisly_estime_syracu.html

Did someone say that he's already 21? If so, he'd be too old for a 5th-year anyway. I also think that the lack of play-makers on this team has the coaches hoping he can help in that area, even if it's in a limited-role.

Don't know about Shafer but a lot of coached let the kid have a say. Maybe he didn't want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This "He may be our most athletic kid, but he can't grasp the playbook" thing is getting old. Why can't we find a way to get our athletic freshman involved?

They don't really play H-back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd rather run a dummy version passing game with Estime and Funderburke over whatever the hell it is we're supposed to be running right now with our high iq/no seperation crew.

We've had fast guys before who couldn't get open.

I'd rather run a dummy version passing game with Estime and Funderburke over whatever the hell it is we're supposed to be running right now with our high iq/no seperation crew.

No inside knowledge, but could their issues be more related to run blocking vs not knowing at least 10 passing plays to run proper routes with? I can't believe their wr ability is what's keeping them off the field.

Take away Hunts feet, and he's struggling just as much, if not more, than the WR's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to know why he's not our starting KR

My guess is that it was an away game and SS wanted experience back there. As for why not Estime instead of Morris, they have to show it in practice and I have to assume Morris is doing a better job of catching the ball.

Did anyone read the article about Estime not playing because he doesn't grasp the playbook? If this is still the case after 6 games don't you think he could have used a redshirt? If he is going to stay at H-Back he is going to be stuck behind Ashton for 3 years anyways. Why not use a shirt, get the playbook down, and have 2 full years separating him and Ashton? I guess you can argue we need depth behind AB in case of injury, but i'm sure they could have plugged someone else in this season. Just seems like a wasted year to me for a potentially special player.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/10/why_didnt_brisly_estime_syracu.html

I have seen all the games this year so far in person and I will say that when Estime is in, he lines up incorrectly and needs to be moved by the QB or a fellow WR at least half the time.

He isn't the only one; lots of players are lining up incorrectly. It happens maybe 1 of our every 3 plays we run. This has caused a number of timeouts and I don't see much in the way of improvement since day one.

Disturbing.

I have seen all the games this year so far in person and I will say that when Estime is in, he lines up incorrectly and needs to be moved by the QB or a fellow WR at least half the time.

He isn't the only one; lots of players are lining up incorrectly. It happens maybe 1 of our every 3 plays we run. This has caused a number of timeouts and I don't see much in the way of improvement since day one.

Disturbing.

I agree. Sometimes simple is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

This "He may be our most athletic kid, but he can't grasp the playbook" thing is getting old. Why can't we find a way to get our athletic freshman involved?

Seriously. This kid should be returning every punt and kickoff and should be on the field or at least 50% of the snaps. Its a joke.

Seriously. This kid should be returning every punt and kickoff and should be on the field or at least 50% of the snaps. Its a joke.

You can't discount the security that Desir gives us back there. He isn't much of a threat to break one, but how often does that happen anyways? I feel very comfortable with Ritchie's decision making, and he ability to make catches in traffic. With Estime back there he may be more of a threat, but the probability for a critical mistake increases significantly . It's risk-reward at this point, and I don't have a problem with it.

Kick return is a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I agree that Desir is the safe play on Punt returns, he has been very reliable back there and I feel confident that we wont muff any punts (knock on every piece of wood I can find), but Estime has to give us something better than what we currently have on kickoff returns right? Our kickoff returning is just downright pathetic. We are ranked 112 out of 125 D-1 teams, averaging 18.26 yards per return. That is not helping the field position battle or giving our offense anything to work with. IMO, we need some production at that unit.

If we're playing the Clemson's and FSU's of the world then i'd agree with putting Estime back there to break a punt but if we're going to be in a bunch of dogfights against the NC State's, Ga Tech's, Boston College's of the world to make a bowl game then i'd rather not chance that critical mistake.

If we're playing the Clemson's and FSU's of the world then i'd agree with putting Estime back there to break a punt but if we're going to be in a bunch of dogfights against the NC State's, Ga Tech's, Boston College's of the world to make a bowl game then i'd rather not chance that critical mistake.
The number one rule on change of possession plays is to keep possession. Anything else is gravy.

He's a true freshman that doesn't know the full playbook.

Agreed.

I just hope that he's getting it done in the classroom otherwise we'll never get to see him progress on the field. The kid is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. GM needs to find a way to get him additional touches.

and? he is already better than almost every WR we put on the field. I really am sorry if you cant see this.

and? he is already better than almost every WR we put on the field. I really am sorry if you cant see this.
I can't see this at all because I don't watch practice, and there has been nothing in game that convinces me he's better than what we have. I think he could be a game changer for us but to throw a kid out there that doesn't know where to line up doesn't help anyone.

I think any of us who saw his HS highlights at Kickoff Returner are going to be tempted to say you've got to give him some playing time there. After seeing PTG back there this week I'm leaning towards PTG and Estime. Punt Return you just can't chance a shakeup there leave it alone simple as that.

I think we all remember the impact Venrick Mark made in the KR position in last years Northwestern game. Give Estime a shot there since as another poster noted he has a shot to take it to the house when he gets the ball in his hands and there are no plays to remember. Now if the staff has identified an issue with ball security, guess what you won't be seeing him back there anytime soon sometimes issues grasping the playbook can be code for issues grasping the ball.