Estime | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Estime

With a kid like this, can't we have him practice a few plays each week where he could be productive? Maybe make it where he lines up in the same place for all of the plays he's in for that week. Next week change things up a little so opposing team film study doesn't give everything away, but follow the same basic premise. Does it have to be an all or nothing thing?

Let the coaches coach. We all wondered how Allen got picked over Hunt. I think after the past 2 games we know the answer. Now we all wonder why Funderburk and Estime don't play more. Because they haven't earned it and the other guys are doing certain things better. Do we know what they are? No, the coaches do. Maybe there's ball security issues. Maybe they can't remember the plays. Maybe they can't block. Sure it's nice to have a guy in who can take it to the house but you can't give him the ball every down which means he has to know his responsibilities on other plays if he/they don't then they become liabilities. Coaches are human and make mistakes but they have to do what they believe is in the overall best interest of the team. We all questioned Hunt/Allen but now we all see how it wasn't so easy to make that decision. Before you all question Estime/Funderburk, assume you don't know all the pieces of the puzzle.

we have played 6 games and had maybe less than 10 punts that had any shot to being returned. kickoff issues are more on blocking than what the returner does.

I dont understand how so many WR are confused on how to line up so often. Its not just 1-2 guys its almost every one having the issue.

You can't discount the security that Desir gives us back there. He isn't much of a threat to break one, but how often does that happen anyways? I feel very comfortable with Ritchie's decision making, and he ability to make catches in traffic. With Estime back there he may be more of a threat, but the probability for a critical mistake increases significantly . It's risk-reward at this point, and I don't have a problem with it.

Kick return is a different story

-
This is how i feel also. Estime is dynamic and can make things happen but he is young. Im sure the staff know whats best.

I agree that Desir is the safe play on Punt returns, he has been very reliable back there and I feel confident that we wont muff any punts (knock on every piece of wood I can find), but Estime has to give us something better than what we currently have on kickoff returns right? Our kickoff returning is just downright pathetic. We are ranked 112 out of 125 D-1 teams, averaging 18.26 yards per return. That is not helping the field position battle or giving our offense anything to work with. IMO, we need some production at that unit.
Shafer just said PTG will fill in on kickoffs for GM2. I was hoping Estime would get a shot

Shafer said they want him to concentrate on offense instead of special teams. How much concentration is involved in running back a punt or a kick off? Seems fairly simple to me.

Shafer said they want him to concentrate on offense instead of special teams. How much concentration is involved in running back a punt or a kick off? Seems fairly simple to me.
That's what I thought. Catch the ball and run where they ain't:)

we have the slowest kick returners around. i don't understand why you have a non homerun threat returning kicks. McFarlene doesn't set the world on fire with his speed either.

we have the slowest kick returners around. i don't understand why you have a non homerun threat returning kicks. McFarlene doesn't set the world on fire with his speed either.
I want Macky to return kicks. I will suggest that to Shafer.

all the comments about Devante McFarlane were about how well he runs.. he showed good burst in his highlight films

Free Brisly. That is all.

Actually, not its not. Given the fact that Estime rarely plays on offense, it would have made a ton of more sense to let him focus on being the full time punt and kick returner this year. The guys we have are in the bottom 20 in America. its just not a good use of our most dynamic player. i get that he obviously isnt very bright, but this isnt calculus. Its football.

Actually, not its not. Given the fact that Estime rarely plays on offense, it would have made a ton of more sense to let him focus on being the full time punt and kick returner this year. The guys we have are in the bottom 20 in America. its just not a good use of our most dynamic player. i get that he obviously isnt very bright, but this isnt calculus. Its football.
Estime plays lot more on offense than Morris and McFarlane did last year. Morris might actually be our most dynamic player behind Broyld.

Are you his mother?

all the comments about Devante McFarlane were about how well he runs.. he showed good burst in his highlight films

which highlight film was that, the punt fake? good burst yes but he runs stiff and upright. I dont watch that punt fake and think wow is he fast.

the one kick he returned last week was blah.

which highlight film was that, the punt fake? good burst yes but he runs stiff and upright. I dont watch that punt fake and think wow is he fast.

But I bet his high school highlights look great!

Estime plays lot more on offense than Morris and McFarlane did last year. Morris might actually be our most dynamic player behind Broyld.
Didn't Morris and McFarlane both redshirt last year?

He might be, but he has been brutal at Kick returns... time to give someone else a shot.

Take away Hunts feet, and he's struggling just as much, if not more, than the WR's.

you take shots at Hunt fairly often. Do you have an agenda with this kid?

He might be, but he has been brutal at Kick returns... time to give someone else a shot.
Morris is hurt so they in fact have to replace him. The coaches determined PTG was the best shot.

I was thinking more of the camp videos where he ran by everyone trying to guard him

you take shots at Hunt fairly often. Do you have an agenda with this kid?

That's a shot? His numbers aren't very good at all the past couple games. In fact they are horrid. It's rarely just the receivers, it's rarely just the QB. It takes two to tangle. Maybe you haven't seen the games? Maybe you haven't seen the stats?

And FWIW, not that I need to explain anything to you, like Shamarko I want this kid to succeed more than anyone because of his personal situation. But we're discussing football here. You have to out aside that stuff. So I will repeat, he has been as bad as the WR's these last two games.

Carry on now with your eyes closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a shot? His numbers aren't very good at all the past couple games. In fact they are horrid. It's rarely just the receivers, it's rarely just the QB. It takes two to tangle. Maybe you haven't seen the games? Maybe you haven't seen the stats?

And FWIW, not that I need to explain anything to you, like Shamarko I want this kid to succeed more than anyone because of his personal situation. But we're discussing football here. You have to out aside that stuff. So I will repeat, he has been as bad as the WR's these last two games.

Carry on now with your eyes closed.

Agree 100% with this post. he has been brutal. No one wants him to fail here, obviously, but his last two games have been as bad as any QB has done maybe ever.