Etan thinks Zion should quit playing for Duke | Syracusefan.com

Etan thinks Zion should quit playing for Duke

Unlike football the risk of injury for basketball is a lot less. I don’t agree with Etan on this one.
While Zion should be able to cash in on his likeness playing college hoops probably will help his brand and get him a higher shoe contract when he leaves.
Plus playing in the tournament has to be a cool opportunity.

He quits school today he lands a multi million dollar shoe deal and is still the number one pick.
It’s harder to convince me for him staying than leaving.

What the hell’s he going to do for the next 3-4 months though?

Players play.

It’s one thing for football players in the trenches who collide heads blocking or rushing the passer. Or running blocks wanting to reduce wear and tear but basketball players play.
We all know the college players don’t get enough for their services but Etan is totally wrong on this one.
If the players wanted to force change the best way would if the players on the Final Four teams got together before the Final Four games and pledged to boycott unless they got some concessions from the NCAA.

How many career enders are there these days? He could tear his acl and hes still a top five pick? Why not get some insurance (which im sure he has) and enjoy the ride. I dont see the risk with playing ball. Any one of us could get into a bad car wreck and be disabled or worse. It cant stop you from living your life.

How many career enders are there these days? He could tear his acl and hes still a top five pick? Why not get some insurance (which im sure he has) and enjoy the ride. I dont see the risk with playing ball. Any one of us could get into a bad car wreck and be disabled or worse. It cant stop you from living your life.

Michael Porter has had one injury after another and still got picked mid first round even though his back might be shot.

Joel Embiid went 3rd even though he had major injury issues and barely played for years.

Zion isn’t falling off the map even if he goes get hurt.

Unlike football the risk of injury for basketball is a lot less. I don’t agree with Etan on this one.
While Zion should be able to cash in on his likeness playing college hoops probably will help his brand and get him a higher shoe contract when he leaves.
Plus playing in the tournament has to be a cool opportunity.
LeBron says hello.

lets put him in a bubble until the first nba check cashes

Hi3YRDL.jpg.cf.jpg

So they need to change the rules. Do it like baseball. Go straight from high school or stay at least three years in college. Last thing CBB needs is for kids to start leaving after one semester.

Who’s they

The Syracuse homers and orange-goggled brigade aren’t going to like this but:

I don’t necessarily disagree with Etan. I want to savor this kid in college, though. It’s a joy watching this dude ball. His intangibles aside from the regaular skills he brings is something maybe only LBJ and he have brought to the game in quite some time. I mean people don’t realize he has 20 blocks and the whole SU team has 37. He’s averaging big time numbers on an already loaded team. Even Kevin Durant recently said he’s a “once a generation athlete.”

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom