Euro 2020 | Syracusefan.com

Euro 2020

Orangezoo

In the wind
Just a friendly reminder for fellow football fans that Euro 2020 gets really rolling starting tomorrow. Italy/Turkey was today.

Just a friendly reminder for fellow football fans that Euro 2020 gets really rolling starting tomorrow. Italy/Turkey was today.
Uh...there was one team that really got rolling today...

France is most talented team but this might be Italy's most talented team since 1994.

Uh...there was one team that really got rolling today...

France is most talented team but this might be Italy's most talented team since 1994.

I wouldn't disagree. Tons of talent and they manhandled Turkey today.

I wouldn't disagree. Tons of talent and they manhandled Turkey today.
A little concerned about the midfield depth. With Sensi and Pelligrini out and Verratti still a question mark I think it comes down to Barella staying healthy. I don’t know, he plays so hard and is constantly getting beat up on the pitch. He’s the motor and Jorghino is the driver. Italy need them both to go far I think.

Holy hell, what a kick in the gut.

Prayers up for CE.

Seeing his wife(?) come onto the pitch and his teammates run over to hug her was one of the more heart wrenching things I’ve ever seen in a sporting event.

Seeing his wife(?) come onto the pitch and his teammates run over to hug her was one of the more heart wrenching things I’ve ever seen in a sporting event.
I thought it was absolutely classless for FIFA/UEFA to show that on their feed.

I have no idea why they didn’t switch to an aerial shot or the studio. Instead they were trying to catch glimpses of the CPR and his wife having a crisis on the sidelines. He has small kids for chrissakes.

England predictably making a mess of their starting XI. Croatia will give them a decent match. My darkhorse team is Austria, mostly because from watching the americans in bundesliga I notice Austria has lots of Bundesliga talent.

England may really regret not cashing in early. Other than that handball they looked pedestrian going forward in the last 30 mins of that half. Nordic and Perisic can change the game in a heartbeat.

Also Walker needs to come off. He has been pathetically bad.

Tough scene today.

but tmrw Let’s Go Ukraine !!!!
After the Dutch went up 2 0 (and it could have been 4 or 5 0) I had my Seinfeld “Ukraine is weak” clip all queued and ready to go but Ukraine came back and made a game of it setting up the dramatic finish. Match of the Tournament so far.

Looks like Del Piero shops for his suits at the same place Boeheim use to buy his from.
1623639638148.jpeg

Last edited:
After the Dutch went up 2 0 (and it could have been 4 or 5 0) I had my Seinfeld “Ukraine is weak” clip all queued and ready to go but Ukraine came back and made a game of it setting up the dramatic finish. Match of the Tournament so far.
Yeah this a team that always fights. Overall, I think Netherlands will take the top and Ukraine will be in 2nd after all said and done.

worried about the lack of experience on our back line for us Ukrainians. Very young back there and it showed today. It could have been a bigger lead but it also shouldn’t have been a Dutch win if our keeper (who had a very good game up to that) had of made an easy boot down the field but that’s how she goes sometimes.

Man tough breaks for the Scots. Two really great goals to put them down and just awful luck between the bar and deflections on the other end.

This Polish team is so frustrating in the final third. One of the best goal scorers in the world and they still beat themselves in major tournaments. Euro 2016 was promising but after an awful showing in 2018 - they look like they might fizzle out early again.

Yeah this a team that always fights. Overall, I think Netherlands will take the top and Ukraine will be in 2nd after all said and done.

worried about the lack of experience on our back line for us Ukrainians. Very young back there and it showed today. It could have been a bigger lead but it also shouldn’t have been a Dutch win if our keeper (who had a very good game up to that) had of made an easy boot down the field but that’s how she goes sometimes.
Yes, that was an unfortunate misjudgment on Buschan's part. It seems that Schevchenko made a mistake bringing in Marlos but hindsight is 20-20 I guess. Also, I'm not sure that he used all of his available substitutions, I can only remember 3 (or 4 counting Marlos). One thing I found frustrating was Ukraine holding up play near the box waiting to get off a good shot and allowing the Dutch to regroup on D. The way the Dutch were pressing forward, incisive and direct counter attacks by the Ukrainians might have been more effective. Anyway, I hope they advance but Austria looks pretty tough in that group.

Yes, that was an unfortunate misjudgment on Buschan's part. It seems that Schevchenko made a mistake bringing in Marlos but hindsight is 20-20 I guess. Also, I'm not sure that he used all of his available substitutions, I can only remember 3 (or 4 counting Marlos). One thing I found frustrating was Ukraine holding up play near the box waiting to get off a good shot and allowing the Dutch to regroup on D. The way the Dutch were pressing forward, incisive and direct counter attacks by the Ukrainians might have been more effective. Anyway, I hope they advance but Austria looks pretty tough in that group.
Agree on all points. Yeah, Marlos inability to track back was a major problem.

This Polish team is so frustrating in the final third. One of the best goal scorers in the world and they still beat themselves in major tournaments. Euro 2016 was promising but after an awful showing in 2018 - they look like they might fizzle out early again.
I feel like that Poland team on paper should have maybe made a bigger run in tournaments. I mean they aren’t out but I think this is their last shot.

I feel like that Poland team on paper should have maybe made a bigger run in tournaments. I mean they aren’t out but I think this is their last shot.

I agree- they are just awful in the final third.

Heartbreak for Hungary. They had the better chances then the offsides, the deflection first goal and pathetically weak penalty for the second.

Heartbreak for Hungary. They had the better chances then the offsides, the deflection first goal and pathetically weak penalty for the second.
Harsh result for Hungary. They played much better than the 3-0 loss suggests.

france- germany.. hmm lots of +money... hope for a draw or pick a side.

LOL - that front six for France. My goodness.

And that's without Dembele and Coman and Ben Yedder and Thuram and Giroud and on and on and on...

Unreal talent.

LOL - that front six for France. My goodness.

And that's without Dembele and Coman and Ben Yedder and Thuram and Giroud and on and on and on...

Unreal talent.
That firepower is absolutely absurd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom