EURO2012 Official Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

EURO2012 Official Thread

What's the deal with Balotelli? He's causing problems but just seems slow, out of shape and clueless about how to finish.

I think a bit more is asked of him playing for country vs playing for club. He pretty much lives in the final 1/4 of the pitch and when asked to track back a bit it can become taxing.

Either that or it could be a mental thing. Some players that do well for clubs and struggle for country like CRynaldo for Portugal and Dempsey for the US (until very recently). Other players are the polar opposite like Bendtner for Denmark.

Germany! Thoroughly disappointed in the Dutch, though.

Yes, Germany look terrific. Almost as good as the blonde in your avatar. Can you tell me where you found the gif and if there's more to it? For research purposes, of course.

Yes, Germany look terrific. Almost as good as the blonde in your avatar. Can you tell me where you found the gif and if there's more to it? For research purposes, of course.
The blonde is actually Ms. Schweinsteiger. But the best place for relevant sports-related GIFS is https://twitter.com/#!/SBNationGIF. Not sure if you're a Twitter user, but it's a must-follow if you are. And as for the full story behind the woman behind Pete DeBoer during their games in LA, this is a good story on the ordeal.

The blonde is actually Ms. Schweinsteiger. But the best place for relevant sports-related GIFS is https://twitter.com/#!/SBNationGIF. Not sure if you're a Twitter user, but it's a must-follow if you are. And as for the full story behind the woman behind Pete DeBoer during their games in LA, this is a good story on the ordeal.

Too funny, and thanks for the context.

Sylvie Van Der Vaart is hotter...

sylvievan1.jpg

Guys, can we please limit this thread to the discussion of actual soccer players? Say, for example, Alex Morgan?

alex-morgan-nude.jpg

England v. Sweden = Match of the tourney (so far)
Absolutely. That goal by Welbeck was a thing of beauty. Hart made a few tremendous saves on Zlatan and Isaksson did the same on quite a few England chances. Glad England opened it up after that horrendous bus park in the first game.

Typical Poland. Can't finish when the pressure's on. They really blew a huge chance to set the tone against Greece. They win that game, they win the group easily. They couldn't finish chances.

Typical Poland. Can't finish when the pressure's on. They really blew a huge chance to set the tone against Greece. They win that game, they win the group easily. They couldn't finish chances.
That's why they haven't advanced past a group stage in forever. Very disappointed, was hoping to wear my Polska kit for a little bit longer. Oh well, still good soccer to be seen.

That's why they haven't advanced past a group stage in forever. Very disappointed, was hoping to wear my Polska kit for a little bit longer. Oh well, still good soccer to be seen.
doubt they make the world cup either. why does every team I root for have to be woefully embarrassing when something's on the line (US, Poland, Spurs)? Ugh.

doubt they make the world cup either. why does every team I root for have to be woefully embarrassing when something's on the line (US, Poland, Spurs)? Ugh.
At least the Poles got it out if the way in three matches. The Spurs let it drag out for a third of the season.

Most disappointing major tournament in my lifetime.,we'll see how van Maarwijk responds. Methinks he'll fight for his job. A similar appearance (or worse) in 2 years time and he'll be gone.

Most disappointing major tournament in my lifetime.,we'll see how van Maarwijk responds. Methinks he'll fight for his job. A similar appearance (or worse) in 2 years time and he'll be gone.
Shocking to see the Netherlands go out with no points. I can't imagine they wouldn't sack their manager.

Shocking to see the Netherlands go out with no points. I can't imagine they wouldn't sack their manager.
UEFA world cup qualifying starts in September. They need to figure it out pretty quickly if they are going to change managers before then.

UEFA world cup qualifying starts in September. They need to figure it out pretty quickly if they are going to change managers before then.
With the talent on that roster, I wouldn't be shocked to see them much improved by the time the next WC rolls around. Terrible performance at the Euros, though. It does seem like they're a bunch of individuals all on the field together as opposed to a team in any sense of the word.

They lack pace most everywhere on the pitch (RVP aside). Their midfielders get caught upfield and their defenders lack the quickness to compensate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom