Evaluation is good, Inquisition is NOT !!! | Syracusefan.com

Evaluation is good, Inquisition is NOT !!!

mantonio

Starter
Every coach should be subject to a thorough evaluation, regardless of their success. Even a National Championship coach has a weakness somewhere that needs to be shored up.

After this season, I expect Doug to seriously consider bringing on a top notch recruiter for this team. This is his biggest failure thusfar, & I think he knows this.

Like I said before, you can have a great scheme for your gameplan, but without great players, you will never be better than mediocre. This is where Syracuse sits right now, a middling team who plays a few great games to surprise once in awhile.

Personally, I am happy with this right now, juxtaposed against the worst decade in Syracuse Football History...

If they are still like this by the middle of the decade, then I would throw up the red flag of anger.

As long as Syracuse is committing to the process of steady growth towards Championship level Football, we should all be optimistic about where we are, & I believe the program is doing that. They are upgrading facilities, marketing the program as New York's Team, positioning themselves in a more stable, lucrative conference, & they hired a very good coach who cares about his players beyond the field of play. These features will pay massive dividends down the road, & lucky for us, we are catching little glimpses of it even now...​
:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom