Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Even lax has to have a little drama, apparently (the Hayes McGinley thread)...

Would be shocked if he wasn't on the team in the fall. Good job by his attorne. Hopefully he learns from this because there won't be a second chance

Syracuse men’s lacrosse player Hayes McGinley pleads guilty to 2 counts of harassment (DO: Staff)

Syracuse lacrosse player Hayes McGinley will no longer face charges for punching two people on Marshall Street last month if he stays out of trouble for a year.

McGinley, a redshirt freshman midfielder, pleaded guilty to two counts of harassment in the second degree in Syracuse City Court on Tuesday afternoon.

In a statement released through his lawyer, McGinley apologized to everyone involved in the Marshall Street incident.

“I take my role as a student athlete very seriously and I pray I am given a second chance,” he said in the statement. “I am working very hard to regain respect from everyone in my life.”

Hayes McGinley issues statement following court appearance Tuesday (DO: Staff)

Following his appearance in court Tuesday afternoon, Syracuse lacrosse player Hayes McGinley issued a statement through his lawyer about an incident on Marshall Street last month where he punched two people.

McGinley, a redshirt freshman midfielder, will no longer face charges in the incident if he stays out of trouble for a year. He must also stay away from his victims for a full year and may also have to pay restitution.

Here is the full statement...

Can someone tell me what this means?

"And then as soon as he went down on the ground I went over and I was going to football his face. I swear to god, I don’t care, I was going to football his face."

A bystander who was watching McGinley and that girl argue and saw McGinley turn around and punch the girl went over and punched McGinley knocking him out.

A bystander who was watching McGinley and that girl argue and saw McGinley turn around and punch the girl went over and punched McGinley knocking him out.

Correct. But what did he mean when he said that after obviously knocking this kid out that he was going to "football his face"? That's what I don't understand. Did he mean stomp his head, spike his head like he scored a touchdown, or jump on his head like it's a fumble? See what I'm saying? I've never heard that phrase before and it scares me just a bit.

Correct. But what did he mean when he said that after obviously knocking this kid out that he was going to "football his face"? That's what I don't understand. Did he mean stomp his head, spike his head like he scored a touchdown, or jump on his head like it's a fumble? See what I'm saying? I've never heard that phrase before and it scares me just a bit.
I take it to mean he was going to kick hard, as in kicking a field goal. :(

“I was not suspended from SU, nor was I kicked off the lacrosse team,” McGinley said. “I am at a point where I want to explore other options for myself academically and athletically. That is why I un-enrolled at Syracuse.

“I have a ton of respect and love for my coaches and teammates at Syracuse, but ultimately I feel I can be more successful in a different environment.”

http://dailyorange.com/2015/08/haye...use-lacrosse-player-no-longer-enrolled-at-su/

Last edited:

“I was not suspended from SU, nor was I kicked off the lacrosse team,” McGinley said. “I am at a point where I want to explore other options for myself academically and athletically. That is why I un-enrolled at Syracuse.

“I have a ton of respect and love for my coaches and teammates at Syracuse, but ultimately I feel I can be more successful in a different environment.”

http://dailyorange.com/2015/08/haye...use-lacrosse-player-no-longer-enrolled-at-su/

Translation: He was on the 3rd middle line.

Translation: He was on the 3rd middle line.

Exactly, feel bad for the kid he was on pace to play as a true frosh here, that injury really cost him more then just that season.

Quitting the program is almost as dumb as punching the girl: now, instead of facing the music, he's just running away ... "dodging" his punishment. This tells me that he hasn't learned much.

Last edited:
Quitting the program is almost as dumb as punching the girl: now, instead of facing the music, he's just running away ... "dodging" his punishment. This tells me that he hasn't learned much.
So, leaving the program for a chance at more playing time is "almost as dumb as punching the girl"? Everybody is entitled to a fresh start, and not everybody can make it at Syracuse. I hope the kid has learned from this (as Desko says), and succeeds wherever he ends up. His "punishment" is not playing for SU. Who knows...he may have made this decision even if he hadn't been involved with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom