Even though I suspected this, it's still a kick in the boys | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Even though I suspected this, it's still a kick in the boys

loeb and kinder are worse. there aren't that many juco qbs and I think he wants to have a passing offense.

Huh? So you're still blaming the entire failure of the offense on Nassib b/c DM can't find an adequate replacement for a complete hack anywhere in the nation? And you're ok with the logic that he wants to have a passing offense despite three full years of being unable to find an even halfway decent passer. Anyway you slice it the ire directed at Nassib is misplaced.

Huh? So you're still blaming the entire failure of the offense on Nassib b/c DM can't find an adequate replacement for a complete hack anywhere in the nation? And you're ok with the logic that he wants to have a passing offense despite three full years of being unable to find an even halfway decent passer. Anyway you slice it the ire directed at Nassib is misplaced.

I don't think it's logical to be in the top 30 in passing attempts with Nassib as your qb. I do blame Marrone for not recruiting someone better than Kinder and Loeb. I'm resigned to an offense in the bottom third of the country and anxiously await 2013.

I don't think it's logical to be in the top 30 in passing attempts with Nassib as your qb. I do blame Marrone for not recruiting someone better than Kinder and Loeb. I'm resigned to an offense in the bottom third of the country and anxiously await 2013.

Well, we're both resigned to the same kind of offensive output -- our only difference is that I actually worry about 2013.

well, if you happen to think the offense sucks, keeping it doesn't give him a chance to excel his senior year.

and who cares what's best for just him? the team is what matters.

Is it "the offense" (i.e. the scheme & strategy) or is it the terrible offensive line play? I'll go for the latter.

Is it "the offense" (i.e. the scheme & strategy) or is it the terrible offensive line play? I'll go for the latter.
I don't think the line is that bad. They'll look better when the skill players are better
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think right now it is both. The OL is certainly holding the O back from being mediocre. The question is can the O be more than mediocre with this system? IMO for this O to be Top 40 we need a decent OL and playmakers at the skill positions. Asking to have that at a school like SU is asking too much IMO. IN CFB every year you need to replace 1/3 to 1/2 of your starting O. There is constant turnover. To expect to get the required players year in and year out for this O to be consistently successful is crazy IMO. Especially with the limited practice time you get in CFB.

If you have talent any O can be successful. When you don't have a ton of talent then you need a system that maximizes what you have. IMO the system we saw in 2010 and 2011 did not and will not do that.

I think right now it is both. The OL is certainly holding the O back from being mediocre. The question is can the O be more than mediocre with this system? IMO for this O to be Top 40 we need a decent OL and playmakers at the skill positions. Asking to have that at a school like SU is asking too much IMO. IN CFB every year you need to replace 1/3 to 1/2 of your starting O. There is constant turnover. To expect to get the required players year in and year out for this O to be consistently successful is crazy IMO. Especially with the limited practice time you get in CFB.

If you have talent any O can be successful. When you don't have a ton of talent then you need a system that maximizes what you have. IMO the system we saw in 2010 and 2011 did not and will not do that.

What would you prefer to see instead - a spread?