events for Olympics | Syracusefan.com

events for Olympics

stuckinbig11

All American
Apparently, hosting countries can add or delete sports from Olympics competitions. For example, Japan included baseball and softball in the Tokyo Olympics (they play those sports), but France deleted them. A whole bunch of other competitions have been added that don’t even seem like sports.

I think the U.S. will add lacrosse for the Los Angeles games, but there are lots of other options to add and delete. Post your ideas.

Apparently, hosting countries can add or delete sports from Olympics competitions. For example, Japan included baseball and softball in the Tokyo Olympics (they play those sports), but France deleted them. A whole bunch of other competitions have been added that don’t even seem like sports.

I think the U.S. will add lacrosse for the Los Angeles games, but there are lots of other options to add and delete. Post your ideas.
How many countries even play lacrosse to field a competition at the Olympics? Us and Canada?

I believe the USOC decided to add softball for 2028, which will be played in Oklahoma City of all places.

Here’s an article with official list and details

Lax, Cricket, Flag football and squash.

I wonder how long it will take for pickleball to become an Olympic sport? Also, let’s give bowling a chance.

Here’s an article with official list and details

Lax, Cricket, Flag football and squash.

I wonder how long it will take for pickleball to become an Olympic sport? Also, let’s give bowling a chance.

As for Pickleball, we can use the Break Dancing model: fad “sport” reaches peak popularity in Year X, fades away into obscurity pretty quickly in year X+3, then makes an Olympic debut in year X+39. Using that, Pickleball will be a medal event for the 2064 games (with an outside chance of making it for 2060).

I believe the USOC decided to add softball for 2028, which will be played in Oklahoma City of all places.

OKC is where the NCAA College Softball World Series is held every year.

Brand new facilities.

IIRC, OKC is the mecca of softball, in general. Just as every D-1 college baseball team wants to get to Omaha, the D-1 softball teams all want to get to OKC.

IIRC, OKC is the mecca of softball, in general. Just as every D-1 college baseball team wants to get to Omaha, the D-1 softball teams all want to get to OKC.
Yeah but this isn’t the World Series. I’d have some major fomo if everything else was happening 1500 miles away.

Kick ball
Kick the can
Kicking street lights out
Wiffle ball
Hide and seek
Skipping stones
2d022870-d716-4eab-b5cd-82546f0f4474_text.gif

Yeah but this isn’t the World Series. I’d have some major fomo if everything else was happening 1500 miles away.
The surfing for this Olympics is taking place in Tahiti.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom