Every Four Years... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Every Four Years...

Thats not the question. Where are his players in years 4 and 5? He has had limited success, none of it with his own recruits. His teams are not solid in the fundamentals and are undisciplined. I do not know how much longer he will be coach, but I have lost faith that he is the guy that can sustain success going forward. I do hope I am proved totally wrong, but I doubt I will be.

You mean the All-American S draft pick or the rookie DE who saved a game for the Seahawks?

That’s what *you’re* doing, lol. The point is simple. You can judge results based on what the first Syracuse team you fell in love with or you can actually look at the circumstances and then judge them for the outcomes taking those things into account.

If you think a coach should be fired under these circumstances 2 years after taking the team to 10 wins (which we’d not had in 20+ years) you’re insane. Not even bringing the buyout into it.

(They were both brought in after epically bad hires, flailing recruiting, etc. They’ve both been the best we’ve had since P.)

You brought up his name to validate your point, which you have done for years. Yet you say I’m doing it. Lol. Classic stuff. Carry on, carry on. Lol

He shouldn’t be fired this year no matter what. This season is stupid and scrubby anyway.
If this is a situation where the team has quit on the staff then something has to happen.
I don’t think this is the situation but I am not speaking in absolutes till the season is over.

I wouldn’t fire him after this year but their has to be faith this can be turned around.
We don’t see players becoming more disciplined and this staff has done a terrible job this year.
Dino quit in the Pitt game that told us what to expect this year.
If I was a player and my coach did what Dino did against Pitt why would I play hard the rest of the year. That moment gets forgotten.

If this is a situation where the team has quit on the staff then something has to happen.
I don’t think this is the situation but I am not speaking in absolutes till the season is over.

I wouldn’t fire him after this year but their has to be faith this can be turned around.
We don’t see players becoming more disciplined and this staff has done a terrible job this year.
If I was a player and my coach did what Dino did against Pitt why would I play hard the rest of the year. That moment gets forgotten.

If players have quit, then send their little crybaby asses packing and bring in new ones.

Im starting to get the feeling that this is the case.

Well - FHCSMFS (you’re welcome) couldn’t manage a winning season with the players HE actually recruited.
(Which is why he got canned.)

But - it’s somehow a *negative* that Dino won 10 games with those same players??
mmmkay?
/ insert shrug emoji here.
I wanted Shafer gone his last year, but to be fair, Dino had the same results as him when Dungey was hurt. Shafer never got a full year of Dungey.

I wanted Shafer gone his last year, but to be fair, Dino had the same results as him when Dungey was hurt. Shafer never got a full year of Dungey.

Shafer was an embarrassment on the sidelines. Screaming profanities at opposing coaches, getting 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties for going so nuts on the refs, the infamous ISIS comment. Probably a good enough guy, but he wasn’t really cut out for being the head coach of a program and all the responsibilities that brings IMO.

Shafer was an embarrassment on the sidelines. Screaming profanities at opposing coaches, getting 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties for going so nuts on the refs, the infamous ISIS comment. Probably a good enough guy, but he wasn’t really cut out for being the head coach of a program and all the responsibilities that brings IMO.
Agree. His biggest mistake to me was leaving Dungey in a game that was long past decided, but in terms of on field results Dino only did it w/ a healthy Dungey, for which Shafer didn't get a chance.

If players have quit, then send their little crybaby asses packing and bring in new ones.
We are screwed if we do that.
I like Dino but he has lost a lot of faith this year.
Again he quit in the Pitt game. He didn’t want to try and get the ball back he just didn’t want to lose by more points. That was a pathetic decision.

I have been 100% team Dino but this season he has been terrible and that is being nice.

Honestly I’m past the fire the coach stage. The guy won 10 games here. Who else is going to do that?

Nonsense. Plenty of coaches could win 10 games here. Dino is a good coach and showed that. But, he is not Vince Lombardi incarnate. He is now facing a big challenge, perhaps the biggest in his coaching career - rebuilding from perhaps the lowest point in memory. Let's hope he can do it next year, because he won't have all the time in the world to do it.

Nonsense. Plenty of coaches could win 10 games here. Dino is a good coach and showed that. But, he is not Vince Lombardi incarnate. He is now facing a big challenge - rebuilding from perhaps the lowest point in memory. Let's hope he can do it next year, because he won't have all the time in the world to do it.

Lowest point in memory? Forgot the GRob era already?

If plenty of coaches could win 10 here...how come only 4 of them have ever done it?

That’s Shafer’s own. damn. fault
Or, are you forgetting the Llvll game?

He moronically left Eric out there to get killed - which he then did -
when the game was already completely out of hand. :mad:

That’s when I knew he had to go.

Lowest point in memory? Forgot the GRob era already?

If plenty of coaches could win 10 here...how come only 4 of them have ever done it?

This season is right up, I mean down, with the GROB era.

Thanks for proving my point - 4 other coaches have done it.

I'm just glad I'm not ADJW.
I'll admit after the 10 win season I was one of the first people tweeting #paydino, but after the last couple of years it's clear to me that those 10 wins were a result of Dungey and some really lucky bounces our way.

This team has been on a downhill slide the last 2 years and it's clear next year won't be much better. If you can't see that, please take off the orange colored glasses.

This is where ADs earn their paychecks. Let's see if JW sees something most of us don't and keeps Dino around; or if he sees the same things we do, what kind of connections he has to find the best coach possible for SU.

This season is right up, I mean down, with the GROB era.

Thanks for proving my point - 4 other coaches have done it.

3 others in 120 years...those coaches are a dime a dozen. And one of those coaches, the last coach that really could recruit here was run off by the fans and they new guy from Cali and the diminutive chancellor.

I'm just glad I'm not ADJW.
I'll admit after the 10 win season I was one of the first people tweeting #paydino, but after the last couple of years it's clear to me that those 10 wins were a result of Dungey and some really lucky bounces our way.

This team has been on a downhill slide the last 2 years and it's clear next year won't be much better. If you can't see that, please take off the orange colored glasses.

This is where ADs earn their paychecks. Let's see if JW sees something most of us don't and keeps Dino around; or if he sees the same things we do, what kind of connections he has to find the best coach possible for SU.
I don’t think Dino gets fired this year unless it’s truly a rebellion with the players.
Short of that he gets another year.

There are no excuses next year.
We have a soft nonconference schedule. We need 6 wins next year or he should be done.

3 others in 120 years...those coaches are a dime a dozen. And one of those coaches, the last coach that really could recruit here was run off by the fans and they new guy from Cali and the diminutive chancellor.
Doug Marrone wasn’t run off by the fans.
He got an NFL HC job.

The fans could have been behind Marrone and that wasn’t keeping him from an NFL job.