Everybody Settle Down | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Settle Down

The idea that we can lose to Clemson and on Wednesday in the ACCT and still be a lock (a "lock" means there is literally no circumstance where we wouldn't get in) feels like one of those classic Syracusefan.com groupthink/echo chamber moments.
The bubble sucks. Teams like Texas, Indiana, Clemson are being considered.
Our resume is just better than those teams. I wouldn't be comfortable on 3-17 if we lose the next 2 games but I think we would still make it based on the fact the field needs 68 teams.

Texas and Clemson are ranked higher than us in the NET rankings. How will that factor into the equation in relation to Quad 1 wins? I personally have no idea. We all know the NCAA can be a mysterious entity with how they do everything and anything.

If we lose out, I think we probably get in, but I think we are still well within the "margin of error" of not getting in.

I will feel better if we win one more game and/or I see our name called on Selection Sunday.

I like all you guys a lot, but none of you (nor any of the guys on Bracketmatrix) are on the committee.

Syracuse is closer to offering Michael Buble than being on the bubble but if neuroticism is your thing...

Syracuse is closer to offering Michael Buble than being on the bubble but if neuroticism is your thing...

I'm talking hypothetically if we lose the next two, not as of right now.

So am I!

twinsies-5kgexn.jpg

Texas and Clemson are ranked higher than us in the NET rankings. How will that factor into the equation in relation to Quad 1 wins? I personally have no idea. We all know the NCAA can be a mysterious entity with how they do everything and anything.

If we lose out, I think we probably get in, but I think we are still well within the "margin of error" of not getting in.
Clemson is 17-12. 7-9 its best 3 wins are Arkansas, @South Carolina, and Virginia Tech.
If they are ahead of us on the NET then the NET is worthless.
We have more road wins and better wins.

Clemson is 17-12. 7-9 its best 3 wins are Arkansas, @South Carolina, and Virginia Tech.
If they are ahead of us on the NET then the NET is worthless.
We have more road wins and better wins.

I agree with everything you just said.

You think this program is mediocre?! We just played 3 of the top 5 teams in the country back to back to back and we played competitively for the most part until the last 10 minutes of the UVA game as pointed out by EastCoast2.

We have a very good recruiting class coming in next year - GPOY in Goodine, JG3 who was recruited by at least 3 HOF coaches, Guerrier who would be a top 50 player if he played in the USA, JBA who was a ESPN60 player before he got hurt. Add that to our seasoned core of Hughes, Oshae, Marek, Sidibe, Carey and Buddy and we have a solid top 20 team next year.

Over the past decade, we are in fact a top 10 program.

Top 10 college basketball programs since 2010: Kentucky or Duke at No. 1?

Over the past 4 decades, yes we are still a top 10 program.

List of AP all-time Top 100 college basketball programs

If you think Cuse is a mediocre program, you obviously do not know much about college bball.
Seriously, keep posting.

i wouldnt be surprised at all if this team makes the sweet 16. battle is the kind of player that can do major damage in the tournament. but that doesnt change the facy that syracuse has been a middle of the pack acc team and borderline bubble team for 5 years in a row.

Last night I got to take an 18 year old boy to his very first SU game. His parents are divorced. He lives with mom and his dad rarely does anything with him. When my daughter told me last week he had never been to a game we quickly made plans to get him to the Dome for this game. We had a great time cheering for our team and our seniors.

Just try and keep things in perspective before posting hottakes on the team being disgraceful or whatever. There are more important things in life to get worked up about.

I didn't expect to lose by 26. I was told we were Playing our best bball even though we have 4 wins since Feb 1 and 3 of those are against Pitt bc and wake.

It seems like every team that blows us out is considered a bad matchup. This excuse is old and tired. Seems we run into a bad matchup because the other teams are much better than than us and that includes coaching.
Virginia is NOT "much better" than us. They shot 72% from 3! If they shot their normal % and we still shoot and play as poorly as we did it is a 2 point game!

I don't think this will happen, but if we're 19-13 heading into Selection Sunday, bless the hearts of all of you that will sit there confidently awaiting our name and seed.

I'm going to go for a bike ride during the selection show time and hope for the best when I get back.
This idea that we are 100 pct lock is such a falacy.

Eh, we were winning at the end of the first half. I suppose that's a victory of sorts.
We were leading with 15 minutes to play... And we almost lost by thirty points! I can't remember ever seeing anything quite like that before. We scored 10 points in the final 15 minutes... and 4 of those points were garbage-time baskets that Tyus scored when Virginia stopped trying defensively.

When we're bad on offense... something that seems to happen each and every game for long stretches at a time (5/6 minutes plus) we are just plain difficult to watch. Long stretches with both Chewie and Marek on the floor (like we saw last night) just make us too easy to guard...

Can next year's lineup of Carey/Buddy/Goodine/JG3 plus Brissett/Guerrier/Dolezaj move the needle for us offensively?

You think this program is mediocre?! We just played 3 of the top 5 teams in the country back to back to back and we played competitively for the most part until the last 10 minutes of the UVA game as pointed out by EastCoast2.

We have a very good recruiting class coming in next year - GPOY in Goodine, JG3 who was recruited by at least 3 HOF coaches, Guerrier who would be a top 50 player if he played in the USA, JBA who was a ESPN60 player before he got hurt. Add that to our seasoned core of Hughes, Oshae, Marek, Sidibe, Carey and Buddy and we have a solid top 20 team next year.

Over the past decade, we are in fact a top 10 program.

Top 10 college basketball programs since 2010: Kentucky or Duke at No. 1?

Over the past 4 decades, yes we are still a top 10 program.

List of AP all-time Top 100 college basketball programs

If you think Cuse is a mediocre program, you obviously do not know much about college bball.
it depends on your definition of mediocre. Given our normal history of recruiting, we most certainly DO NOT have a very good recruiting class coming in next year. I think Gurrier is under the radar and same with Goodine but we all kind of hope we are right about that because we didn't sign any Top 75 kids. If you look at the history of SU recruiting, we don't rival Kansas, Duke, UNC or UK but we usually are in the Top 15-20 for recruiting but not so this year. Heck, even UCONN has a far better class on paper than we do. By a long shot! Yes, I guess that the prognosticators are not always right and we recruit to the system but I have news for you..we would take all or most of those guys in the Top 75 but we just couldn't get them. That is the reality. And, yes, we played 3 of the Top 5 teams in the country but saying we played competitively is not enough, especially when "for the most part" is added to the equation. We have to stop giving ourselves excuses. SU is now consistently not a Top 20 team and wallows in the 25-50 category. certainly not where we want to be. So maybe we aren't mediocre by most people's definition but by a Syracuse fans definition, we seem to fir that description.

Predicted that response and is always the response expected. Reality can be spun so many ways.
WHos being negative? For the record I think we win another game and lock it up. But you can't tell me if we lose the next 2 we are a lock.

WHos being negative? For the record I think we win another game and lock it up. But you can't tell me if we lose the next 2 we are a lock.

Didn’t say that and I agree with you. I would still feel confident based on how weak the teams on the cutoff line are though.

I didn't expect to lose by 26. I was told we were Playing our best bball even though we have 4 wins since Feb 1 and 3 of those are against Pitt bc and wake.
You don't think this team played well against Louisville, Duke, UNC, Wake Forest and in the first 25 minutes or so last night? What have you been watching?

You don't think this team played well against Louisville, Duke, UNC, Wake Forest and in the first 25 minutes or so last night? What have you been watching?
We played great against wake and lville and really well for a half against duke and uva. We played pretty well against UNC part of the game is ft shooting which was abysmal.

Our resume is just better than those teams. I wouldn't be comfortable on 3-17 if we lose the next 2 games but I think we would still make it based on the fact the field needs 68 teams.

Yes... One more win would make me more comfortable as well.

If we lose the next two... you know the chirping will start about our bad home losses and the number of blowout losses we've had. I think we're still in, but the usual suspects will be crowing...

I just don't want to hear Seth Davis and Snottlieb pile on with that crap - they'll be the first of the pundits to do it and we don't need to give them anymore reason too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom