Everybody Settle Down | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Settle Down

So you haven't watched any other basketball. 19-13 Syracuse as the 8th place finisher in the ACC gets in this year in every possible scenario I can see. Plus the "injury factor" helps two bad losses.

'07 Team had what Drexel and Ohio losses and really stumbled down the stretch against not good teams. This team had just lost three times to 2,3,5 in the country. Syracuse was the first team left out that year at 19-13 ya? There was only one play in game. Three more teams. Now I am not saying its an absolute 100% lock if they get trounced at Clemson and drop a game to whoever bottom tier badly but there just are not near the same number of really good mid majors. If you recall in '07 there were several upsets in like the OVC MVC WCC etc. that added teams that would not be there, sure that COULD happen but, with arguably the best road win in hoops this year, I think Syracuse is still safely in even if they don't win another game.

Sweet, if you believe that then that is great, see you in the Tourney

I’m just so discouraged about the state of the program. It’s been said so many times but we are mediocre. You can see it with the recruiting classes, 0 top players want to come here. Stop recruiting for the zone and recruit talent. Why didn’t we ever take a sniff at NYC PG Cole Anthony? What about Moses Brown last year? It’s ridiculous. This program is getting ridiculous. I’ll sit and watch the final years of JB knowing we have a HOF coach but no very little talent. The WHOLE assistant group needs to be shaken up. We need top recruiters. A couple wins in tournament won’t put away any of my thoughts. We need to be good in the regular season. All of you posters who only say “the tournament matters” no, the regular season does too. You see any recruits head to UMBC last year after they made a run? What about Butler (P5) who made the NC run, anyone go there? It’s ridiculous and we need to perform better or this program will end up in the dumpster

I’m just so discouraged about the state of the program. It’s been said so many times but we are mediocre. You can see it with the recruiting classes, 0 top players want to come here. Stop recruiting for the zone and recruit talent. Why didn’t we ever take a sniff at NYC PG Cole Anthony? What about Moses Brown last year? It’s ridiculous. This program is getting ridiculous. I’ll sit and watch the final years of JB knowing we have a HOF coach but no very little talent. The WHOLE assistant group needs to be shaken up. We need top recruiters. A couple wins in tournament won’t put away any of my thoughts. We need to be good in the regular season. All of you posters who only say “the tournament matters” no, the regular season does too. You see any recruits head to UMBC last year after they made a run? What about Butler (P5) who made the NC run, anyone go there? It’s ridiculous and we need to perform better or this program will end up in the dumpster

Players were absolutely going to Butler until they lost Stevens

De Andre Hunter was outside the top 50. I believe in the 70s or 80s—around where Goodine and Quincy sit. Lots and lots of other examples like him every year.
He's a sophomore. I'm saying freshman don't typically contribute. Some do, but most don't. The ones who do are usually pretty well-regarded recruits. You can look through the Syracuse recruiting history, and the number of freshman who significantly contribute is pretty limited. If you're looking for one to contribute more than 10ppg, then more often than not, he's a top-30 recruit. Since, 92-93, SU has had 11 such freshman and a few just under 10 ppg. Most were top-30/40 recruits. Just because they run into a Lydon or Gmac every decade or so, doesn't mean that relying on that happening is a great strategy. If people think it is, then I have a poker game that I would like to invite them to.

Why would a kid go play for a 70+ year old coach who hasn’t done well over the last several years plus who can retire in 3 years? HOF or not...
Hasn't done well over last several years? How do you define that? Our success has been much better than almost all other NCAA teams other than maybe 10 in the last 5 years or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom