Everyday I... | Syracusefan.com

Everyday I...

corpjet

Board Prophet
come here looking for good news, a glimmer of hope for the future or anything to make us forget this season...

is recruiting behind last year in announcements (not to mentioned the star rankings) or is the fan base just extra anxious after the product we have ran out on the field all year

I hope this isn't an overreaction, I'm nervous.

come here looking for good news, a glimmer of hope for the future or anything to make us forget this season...

is recruiting behind last year in announcements (not to mentioned the star rankings) or is the fan base just extra anxious after the product we have ran out on the field all year

I hope this isn't an overreaction, I'm nervous.
There are currently 14 commits. According to OX's head count there are 60 potential players returning. That puts us at 74. Still have spots to fill. Let's see if we get any visitors for BC.

I like all our commits, 3 star and NR, and from the reports available for a number of them they are having great seasons. My concern would be if we start to see decommits.

Need to save about 5 to 10 slots for grad transfers, portals and jucos. That would be my play right now. Need talent infusion now

Thanks for sharing, no commits since Summer which is a bit concerning, to help with where the program is at we can def use some Grad Transfers and Jucos.

Need to save about 5 to 10 slots for grad transfers, portals and jucos. That would be my play right now. Need talent infusion now
Thanks for sharing, no commits since Summer which is a bit concerning, to help with where the program is at we can def use some Grad Transfers and Jucos.
A few but no way ten. You can't develop depth with too many JUCOs and grad transfers. And just because JUCOs and grad transfers may be able to play right away it doesn't mean they will be successful at SU. Regular D1 transfers, through the portal, still have to sit a year.

A few but no way ten. You can't develop depth with too many JUCOs and grad transfers. And just because JUCOs and grad transfers may be able to play right away it doesn't mean they will be successful at SU. Regular D1 transfers, through the portal, still have to sit a year.

yes indeed, and to sum it up regarding grad transfers : we want a couple of Koda Martin's and we don't want a couple of Ryan Alexander's

I think the need for jucos is much less than folks make it out to be. First, there is no "juco store" where you just go out and grab any plug-and-play player you'd like. Second, we are playing young players all over the field. We are playing all returning o-lineman except Adams, seem to have good depth at RB, DE, and Safety, and have some good young linebackers (who were highly rated recruits) in the pipeline. Not saying there are not a few gaps (e.g., DT) or that talent needs to be upgraded in general (it always does), but we'd be better served bringing in HS kids who can redshirt and the odd-transfer.

Seems like a lot of players who are uncommitted stay that way until HS football season is over. So quiet time now makes sense.

Out of curiosity, how many of current commits are signing in December? How many are coming in January?

Out of curiosity, how many of current commits are signing in December? How many are coming in January?
It all depends if they stay committed and if they are qualified academically so they can sign in December.

It all depends if they stay committed and if they are qualified academically so they can sign in December.

Very true and keeping them committed might be a battle depending on what schools offer that might not have before. I'd love to see all of them sign the dotted line in December and every linemen on the hill in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom