Everyone take a deep breath | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone take a deep breath

Which is my recollection as well. If true, West Virginia seems like the play here.

You know that binding GOR that West Virginia is so proud of? Was searching the internet to see when it was signed, and the last thing I could find was an ESPN article with the commissioner who said it might be 3 years before it was signed. Said when he was in Big, they went 3 years without a signed contract with ABC. If its not signed Texas knows, and so does Notre Dame. Texas much like Notre Dame takes things personally, when they feel they've been crossed. Maybe part of the reason Notre Dame doesn't care about Maryland.

Don't at all disagree with the Syracuse part, but the political aspect of UNC/NCST and UVA/VT is being overplayed.

In the event that Florida State and/or Clemson were to depart, causing the apocalyptic 16-team super conferences that have been predicted for the last 3 years, there is no way state politicians are going to risk any of these teams being left out because they wanted them as a package deal. The SEC clearly craves N.C. State and Virginia Tech while the Big Ten clearly craves their rivals. People in the states would rather they both end up with these landing spots than having them sent as a package deal to the Big 12 IMHO.

Everyone said there was no way politics would allow Texas and Texas A&M to be split up. But when it came time, it wasn't even remotely an obstacle. I think the in-state politics get way overblown.

I do agree on Syracuse being OK. I think there will be just enough spots if all this happens.

Big Daddy Under Armour said he was not paying to support the move to the B1G. Even better.
He is saying that publicly to avoid backlash from "screwed over" passionate sports fans. I bet he makes a donation quietly after things calm down.

He is saying that publicly to avoid backlash from "screwed over" passionate sports fans. I bet he makes a donation quietly after things calm down.
Quite possible. But he would look like a jerk if it ever came out.

Big Daddy Under Armour said he was not paying to support the move to the B1G. Even better.

I thought he said that the cash out wasn't related to the MD exit fee. It was probably to buy off some dissenting board of regents members (that actually wouldn't surprise me all that much).

But it made sense the cash out wasn't for an exit fee as MD wasn't paying that right away, and they are definitely going to contest the amount.

Doesn't mean he can't "donate" the amount later, once it's resolved.

We've spent a year feeling that we were on the inside looking out and Rutgers was on the outside looking in. Now the positons may have reversed themsleves. It's not a good feeling. If it's 4/16, how sure are we that the ACC will be one of the four? And if they won't, shouldn't TGD being making some phone calls now?

I just hate the whole thing. It's insanity. It's brought on by the notions that money and power has to be hoarded and that conferences are designed to unit TV markets rather than promote nautral rivalries.

I thought he said that the cash out wasn't related to the MD exit fee. It was probably to buy off some dissenting board of regents members (that actually wouldn't surprise me all that much).

But it made sense the cash out wasn't for an exit fee as MD wasn't paying that right away, and they are definitely going to contest the amount.

Doesn't mean he can't "donate" the amount later, once it's resolved.
Good point. Very true

For those of you who live in Carolina, Virginia, etc, you fully understand that UNC isn't going anywhere without State. UVA isn't going anywhere without Va Tech.

NC State = Texas A&M. They'll have no problem jumping ship if the SEC comes calling, to hell with UNC. Same goes for Va. Tech.

NC State = Texas A&M. They'll have no problem jumping ship if the SEC comes calling, to hell with UNC. Same goes for Va. Tech.

I agree and they have always had the little brother syndrome. Add to this, I don't trust NC what so ever because I know Swofford will be looking out for their interest first and foremost...I just see a Modell/Irsay kind of deal with this guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom