Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms

This entire argument loses its way because the uniforms they have chosen to replace the pre 2005 versions are inferior. If they had made them better i'd say stick with it. But what they got rid of was better. It's simple as that. When they slightly returned to that version with Marrone, I could tell that Syracuse was playing.

They flat out look terrible. Hopefully Coyle realizes that too.

There are only two things that are readily identifiable as Syracuse to a national audience... the orange block S and the Dome logo.

Yep.

Do you know what's made those helmets iconic? Keeping them the same. It's built their brand. More people than you realize knew us by our orange blue-white-blue striped helmets. But we pissed it all away.

Somehow these guys have a helmet that's easily identifiable for their program.

bostoncollegespeedmini3002034.png

If BC has a brand at all, it's due to Flutie's hail mary in the Orange Bowl against the U. One of the top 5 plays in CFB history. Beyond that F BC.

SU2NASA said:
None of it matters anyway, the university has already pissed all over any semblance of tradition we have. But hey, we have stripes slanted at 44 degree angles!

I'm not interested in what past AD's, chancellors, and coaches have done honestly. It's not really relevant since they are all gone.

Start fresh this season and watch winning build/invigorate on our tradition again.

Yep.

Do you know what's made those helmets iconic? Keeping them the same. It's built their brand. More people than you realize knew us by our orange blue-white-blue striped helmets. But we pissed it all away.

Somehow these guys have a helmet that's easily identifiable for their program.

bostoncollegespeedmini3002034.png

Yes, it looks like a high school somewhere in Pennsylvania or an arena team, not sure which ones though. Nobody has any clue about them either except for avid football fans.

Their fanbase and alumni base is smaller than SU's which is way worse for branding.

You know what Made Oregon's uniforms and logo iconic? Yep, Never keeping them the same.

I doubt if you showed this to other conferences' casual fans and asked them whose helmet it was they'd get it.

I would bet that there is a high school in every state that has that same helmet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom