Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone's favorite topic Uniforms

Alsacs Have you heard anything recent about Babers efforts with the uniforms?
All I was told in Feburary was that HC had say final say over the uniforms and the athletic department would allow whatever he wanted.

My source said expect nothing as major the helmets would be the same, but Babers could clean up the numerals if he wanted.

i have never been syracuse orange and do not buy anything that says syracuse orange. i am and always will be an orangeman(orangemen)
Saltine Warrior.png

i have never been syracuse orange and do not buy anything that says syracuse orange. i am and always will be an orangeman(orangemen)
Let's Go Orange!

All I was told in Feburary was that HC had say final say over the uniforms and the athletic department would allow whatever he wanted.

My source said expect nothing as major the helmets would be the same, but Babers could clean up the numerals if he wanted.
Good, I wonder if they know how much the numbers are disliked.

Can we just get rid of the stupid two tone fade helmets hate that look.

Can we just get rid of the stupid two tone fade helmets hate that look.

I like them a lot. I just wish they were more orange than blue. Regardless, I still think they look good.

I like them a lot. I just wish they were more orange than blue. Regardless, I still think they look good.

We haven't worn them in 2 seasons, they were worn in Shafer's 1st year only and not since.

We haven't worn them in 2 seasons, they were worn in Shafer's 1st year only and not since.

Our helmets are actually the best part of our unis. Its the pants with the ugly side stripes and horrible jersey number design. I liked the spring game combo of orange helmets, orange jerseys, and white pants. The only change that would need to be made is white numbers. Great look!

Our helmets are actually the best part of our unis. Its the pants with the ugly side stripes and horrible jersey number design. I liked the spring game combo of orange helmets, orange jerseys, and white pants. The only change that would need to be made is white numbers. Great look!

The comment I was responding to and my response had absolutely zero to do with our current uniforms and uniform combos. It was regarding the fade helmets which we have not worn in 2 seasons.

Please take the "S" off the helmet, for the love of God. I don't understand how anyone can embrace it. It reeks of insecurity and a pointless marketing campaign by Dr Hollywood. Do you see Penn State slapping a nittany lion or a shower head logo on their helmet? No, of course not. Our brand was all orange with the stripe. Everyone recognized it. It was clean and classical.

FrancoPizza said:
Please take the "S" off the helmet, for the love of God. I don't understand how anyone can embrace it. It reeks of insecurity and a pointless marketing campaign by Dr Hollywood. Do you see Penn State slapping a nittany lion or a shower head logo on their helmet? No, of course not. Our brand was all orange with the stripe. Everyone recognized it. It was clean and classical.

The reason we didn't have a logo on it was that we didn't have a good, consistent logo.

I'll always prefer the all orange no logo look - but the S is solid enough. It's good collegiate branding. Could be much worse

FrancoPizza said:
I love the shower head idea for PSU.

yes I agree. The plain helmet with just the stripes was a unique look that was identifiable. They can put the S on parts of the uniform.

Somebody needs to explain why these needed to be changed

images
images
This is what they should still be wearing - and this is what the recruits prefer as well. Every time a kid gets a SU offer, they go and grab a picture of the team wearing these uniforms to go with their announcement that they've been offered. The current uniforms suck. I hope Babers makes some good tweaks.

To be fair, in the 80's older fans were probably saying "for the love of God put the numbers back on the helmets. It's identifiable, and screams Syracuse."

How anyone can be disgusted with a Syracuse helmet having a classy Syracuse logo on it is beyond me.

Don't worry, in 20 years it will have that silly Otto on the side;)
Then you can really whine about it.

image-3047342077.jpg

To be fair, in the 80's older fans were probably saying "for the love of God put the numbers back on the helmets. It's identifiable, and screams Syracuse."

How anyone can be disgusted with a Syracuse helmet having a classy Syracuse logo on it is beyond me.

Don't worry, in 20 years it will have that silly Otto on the side;)
Then you can really whine about it.

View attachment 60225

This one would be better:

image.jpeg

Yes they were very "unique." Without cheating can you tell me which is SU's and which is the Cleveland Browns?

A.
images

B.
View attachment 60226

Just saying.
Syracuse is definitely A.

Cleveland's looks more like our classic look now with the new face masks, but, they didn't. This is our best helmet imo. I could not stand the numbers on the side and I'm not a fan at all of the Block S. All remnants of tge good Dr. Thank god we got rid of the shoulder pad stripes.

I just want to see green and pink uni's. Like the good old days.

Sigh.

View attachment 60225
That "classy" logo has long been used by several other teams... Stanford and Sparty first come to mind. The block font is used everywhere - nothing distinctive about it. The Syracuse "S" is nothing more than recycled material.

FrancoPizza said:
That "classy" logo has long been used by several other teams... Stanford and Sparty first come to mind. The block font is used everywhere - nothing distinctive about it. The Syracuse "S" is nothing more than recycled material.

Block lettering is pretty classic for athletic teams. It actually speaks to our proud history better than most everything else you could add this late in the game.

The Michigan State S is green. Stanford is red. We are orange. Pretty straightforward branding.

FrancoPizza said:
I don't know what else you would expect. Would you rather our logo be the s and u with the banner under it? The interlocking s and u from the p era? The interlocking s and "J" logo from the grob era?

I was so relieved when the classic block s came. I guess we all have different opinions. I love the old helmet too. But the new ones are great too. We could always try the Maloney white ones again.

image-1907570984.jpg

How about the orange helmet from the 80's 90's, and everyone of them has the number 44 on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom