Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing? | Syracusefan.com

Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing?

• Total voters

Eric15

Living Legend

playing for a team that probably is 15 games below .500 and wishing he stayed in college even thought he got paid.

Starting for a crappy team struggling but showing signs of brillaince while also getting to the FT line more than any other rookie.

he'll get drafted, in the lottery, and he will play because he'll be drafted by a team in need of a point, either to start or as an understudy with the goal of starting in the near future. the teams currently in the lottery with the greatest need for a point guard probably are Detroit, Dallas, Orlando and maybe Sacto. If they fall into the lottery as the season progresses you can add Utah and possibly Boston (as a hedge against Rondo's injury).

Best situation for MCW would be Dallas, IMO, because they are going to rebuild and Cuban will spend to put the right pieces around him.

On an NBA roster getting minimal minutes.

My head tells me he'll be riding the bench getting minimal minutes for an NBA team because its the right financial decision - but my gut says unless he has a great march, he'll be getting ready for an ACC conference game.

There's just something in my gut that thinks he'll come back.

My head tells me he'll be riding the bench getting minimal minutes for an NBA team because its the right financial decision - but my gut says unless he has a great march, he'll be getting ready for an ACC conference game.

There's just something in my gut that thinks he'll come back.

i'm in the same boat

If he is starting for ANY team next year, spank my backside and call me Willie. He will be blowing around like a kite in the wind in that league. Needs to get stronger... he'll be a very limited bench player for some mid level team...

How could he pass up the possibility to get a NC playing for a BE team and another playing for an ACC team? Ever been done before? In fact has any team won NC's playing in different conferences? I don't think so.

I wonder if the large numbers of 1st round draft picks ending up in the D league will ever have an impact on early entry decisions.

I don't know how many 1st round picks are in the D league, but it seems like there are more than there used to be.

If he is starting for ANY team next year, spank my backside and call me Willie. He will be blowing around like a kite in the wind in that league. Needs to get stronger... he'll be a very limited bench player for some mid level team...
I think he would certainly be competitive for starting minutes vs. the likes of Brandon Knight in Detroit, or Darren Collison in Dallas, or Isiah Thomas in Sacto or Jamaal Tinsley in Utah to name a few. he could easily get serious minutes as a developmental backup to someone like Jameer Nelson (who will be 31) in Orlando, among others.

Point guard is an in-demand skill in the NBA. Whatever his flaws as a scorer, MCW has legit playmaking skills.

I think he'll be on the lottery bubble, so by this time next year, he'll be getting minutes somewhere.

Austin Rivers is having one of the worst seasons in the history of stats and he gets 23.8 minutes per game.

Wondering why his body hurts so much after he tried to drive on Tyson Chandler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom