Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing?

Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing?

• Total voters
The results of this poll right now are almost a perfect bell curve... 3, 11, 14, 10, 3

He'll be back at Cuse . His stock will sky rockit in 13-14 . no doubt either 1 or 2 in the lottery then . The guy is not an idiot .
Wiggins is the #1... thats not changing. Then probably jabari

I can rule out one thing, he won't be working at Lord and Taylor next year. This is set in stone.

Wiggins is the #1... thats not changing. Then probably jabari
More than likley , you are right . But wouldn't it be nice to have Wiggans and MCW on the Cuse squad going 1 and 2 ?

I wonder if the large numbers of 1st round draft picks ending up in the D league will ever have an impact on early entry decisions.

I don't know how many 1st round picks are in the D league, but it seems like there are more than there used to be.
it may have an impact, but not the one you mention

if there is one it would be GM's not drafting those kids so high

Donating a mil to the new football facility.

sorry my man , i'm just rooting for my Cuse .

Nothing wrong with that. Just sayin' that it doesn't make any sense for someone in his position (or Jonny's or Donte's) to stay when you can collect a couple of million dollars. I wish all these guys stayed. They all could have stayed and maybe become better (IMO JF was at his peak). But there is downside to that in terms of injury and you take the money.

As a fan...it's so counterintuitive. I hate it as a Cuse fan, but its true.

44cuse

Starting for some terrible NBA team.

Starting for an NBA team??? Are we talking about the MCW that plays for SU?

I'd love to hear how a couple people here justify MCW at Cuse next year. I think his ego is starting to get larger than his basketball skills, which usually translates to the desire to earn $ as soon as possible. H e may have the opportunity to start at some point next season for an NBA team, but my bet is that he spends more time playing D League than he does starting.

He needs ego deflation surgery. He needs to get back to the frame of mind that he had to start the season. He needs to be a facilitator. If he thinks he can carry the team himself, we will see more events like the end of the Nova game, and most likely a high profile exit to the NCAA tournament.

Nothing wrong with that. Just sayin' that it doesn't make any sense for someone in his position (or Jonny's or Donte's) to stay when you can collect a couple of million dollars. I wish all these guys stayed. They all could have stayed and maybe become better (IMO JF was at his peak). But there is downside to that in terms of injury and you take the money.

As a fan...it's so counterintuitive. I hate it as a Cuse fan, but its true.

44cuse
Life is just a roll of the Dice .

Life is just a roll of the Dice .

Dead right. I sure as heck hope MCW takes that position (as a fan). No doubt in my mind that kid needs another year at least of school. JF is just about the only one I can think of that doesn't fall into that category.

44cuse

he'll get drafted, in the lottery, and he will play because he'll be drafted by a team in need of a point, either to start or as an understudy with the goal of starting in the near future. the teams currently in the lottery with the greatest need for a point guard probably are Detroit, Dallas, Orlando and maybe Sacto. If they fall into the lottery as the season progresses you can add Utah and possibly Boston (as a hedge against Rondo's injury).

Best situation for MCW would be Dallas, IMO, because they are going to rebuild and Cuban will spend to put the right pieces around him.

I think he would be a great fit in Detroit. That would be a solid young core of players:

PG: MCW
SG: Knight
SF:
PF: Drummond
C: Monroe

He wouldn't start for them b/c Detroit rarely starts rookies but him and Drummond would be fantastic on the PnR. Throw in Knight for the long range threat and Monroe as the post up. I like that potential in 2-3 years if they make the right FA moves.

They also have a ton of free agent money if they let their free agents walk.

Starting for an NBA team??? Are we talking about the MCW that plays for SU?

I've been one to say I will be glad to see him go and don't think he is at all ready for the league but the NBA isn't exactly flush with great point guards. He will be drafted in the lottery based on measurements and potential alone so why is it so crazy that he may start for a struggling team with a need at PG. More likely that he starts in the NBA than plays in the D-League :rolling:

Even the bad teams in the league seem to mostly have someone they value at the point right now (oddly, some of the playoff teams seem they may have the biggest needs). Its a very deep position in the NBA right now. If he gets drafted outside of the lotto he has the chance of getting buried on the roster.

Although for him its best to cash out this year. He is 21. If he doesn't improve A LOT next year his "potential" will go down and he will go on the downward trend that happens to most first round prospects that stay past their soph year. (waiting past your frosh year is not bad... but typically it seems that if you are a first round pick player that stays beyond soph year, it usually hurts your stock), Hope he ends up in a situation where he can learn and get at least 10 minutes a game as a rookie.

I think he would be a great fit in Detroit. That would be a solid young core of players:

PG: MCW
SG: Knight
SF:
PF: Drummond
C: Monroe

He wouldn't start for them b/c Detroit rarely starts rookies but him and Drummond would be fantastic on the PnR. Throw in Knight for the long range threat and Monroe as the post up. I like that potential in 2-3 years if they make the right FA moves.

They also have a ton of free agent money if they let their free agents walk.
that would be a good fit, but they have Calderon now, although he's an expiring contract. they have flexibility to draft the best available of a PG or SF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom