Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing?

Exactly 1 year from now, what will MCW be doing?

• Total voters
I've been one to say I will be glad to see him go and don't think he is at all ready for the league but the NBA isn't exactly flush with great point guards. He will be drafted in the lottery based on measurements and potential alone so why is it so crazy that he may start for a struggling team with a need at PG. More likely that he starts in the NBA than plays in the D-League :rolling:

Bigs tend to get drafted in the NBA based on potential, guards more so on productivity or elite athletism. MCW difficulties scoring and handling ball pressure against good college level guards is just beginning to get exposed. If that trend continues, there is no way in hell he will be a lottery pick, much less start in the NBA one year from now.

Throwing alley-oops to Fab in Maine

I've been one to say I will be glad to see him go and don't think he is at all ready for the league but the NBA isn't exactly flush with great point guards. He will be drafted in the lottery based on measurements and potential alone so why is it so crazy that he may start for a struggling team with a need at PG. More likely that he starts in the NBA than plays in the D-League :rolling:
There are tons of good young PGs in the NBA

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

that would be a good fit, but they have Calderon now, although he's an expiring contract. they have flexibility to draft the best available of a PG or SF

I could see Detriot resigning Calderon because he is an actual PG (unlike Knight who is a combo guard at best). Even if they do, it will probably be for 2-3 years. That would be perfect to give MCW time to adjust to the NBA game. I'm not sure there is a decent SF available at the likely position they will draft at and MCW has the best pure PG potential of anyone in the draft, but should be available when Detriot picks.

I don't think Detroit is going to re up Calderon; if they don't they will have like $30 million in cap room they can spend on the 2013 versions of Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

He will be 22 by next years draft. He will come out, and since he will be a lottery pick, that alone should keep him out of the D-League. He will be playing for a bad team so should see some minutes as a back up PG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom