Expansion Tidbit | Syracusefan.com

Expansion Tidbit

That would suck...Hopkins to the ACC would cement a nice ESPN package.

Whenever the FtT guys would mention lacrosse, I always felt there's no way you can talk expansion and lacrosse without SU. If you're pro-joining the B10, Hopkins joining could only be good for us.

I'll bet Petro is thrilled with playing Rutgers every year.

As they will soon be just about the only league on the east coast that doesn't already have a team in the DC-Baltimore area, the ACC should more interested in Hopkins than anyone else.

Rutgers lacrosse will become even more irrelevant in the B1G.

They cant get anymore irrelevant then they are now, havent made the Tourney ever

The funny thing is that JHU already has a big fat (by lax standards) ESPN contract -- or at least I presume that is why they are are ESPNU every weekend. Will the BTN give them a better deal?

Is that even possible? The only thing they have had going for them over the last 20 years is Belichick's son playing for them.

Is that even possible? The only thing they have had going for them over the last 20 years is Belichick's son playing for them.
Apparently, the big push to this move would be academics/finances. JHU would like to be a member of the CIC, and Hopkins brings huge federal research grant money to the marriage.

Could very well be part of a ploy to entice Virginia, and NC into joining the Big 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom