Expect some beef | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Expect some beef

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/183/syracuse

OK - so we have, for us, a nice set of skills guys coming in, per the link. One 4-star, 10 3-stars. Nice.

My issue so far is that the heaviest guy on this list is 221 lbs. Seven of the eleven are 190 lbs or less. The list averages just over 195 lbs.

Either we are already loaded on the lines (I didn't see that against PSU), or we have some beef well in the works (I'm not hearing about many), or we have a major issue. Football games are won on the line, between the tackles. An average recruit of 195 lbs is not going to get that done.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/183/syracuse

OK - so we have, for us, a nice set of skills guys coming in, per the link. One 4-star, 10 3-stars. Nice.

My issue so far is that the heaviest guy on this list is 221 lbs. Seven of the eleven are 190 lbs or less. The list averages just over 195 lbs.

Either we are already loaded on the lines (I didn't see that against PSU), or we have some beef well in the works (I'm not hearing about many), or we have a major issue. Football games are won on the line, between the tackles. An average recruit of 195 lbs is not going to get that done.

Yeah - short on line men this year so far. But the lines looked pretty good in PSU game. Missed assignments on the O line. D line held their own.

If Wayne Williams ends up here, he'd be counted in this class. And he's a big dude.

Yeah - short on line men this year so far. But the lines looked pretty good in PSU game. Missed assignments on the O line. D line held their own.

If Wayne Williams ends up here, he'd be counted in this class. And he's a big dude.

See I don't count Late Qual guys in last years recruiting class towards this years, Corey Cooper & Wayne Williams should be on THIS years team catching passes and crushing Qbs counting them towards recruiting for next year is a mirage. This is especially true when they have had trouble qualifying in the past.
OLine and DEnd are big needs. Unintended pun.

See I don't count Late Qual guys in last years recruiting class towards this years, Corey Cooper & Wayne Williams should be on THIS years team catching passes and crushing Qbs counting them towards recruiting for next year is a mirage. This is especially true when they have had trouble qualifying in the past.
OLine and DEnd are big needs. Unintended pun.

They are real players - not a mirage :). I don't think they think in "recruiting classes" as much as incoming players and how many years they have them for. We are the people looking at the whole class and trying to rank them vs. others, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom