extra year of eligibility means big things for SU.... | Syracusefan.com

extra year of eligibility means big things for SU....

eatmatsroe

Walk On
best case scenario if all elect for post grad work

you might have 3 more years of buddy.

4 more years of jgIII

4 more years of Quincy

2 years of marek..

SU is a 20 win team right now...

oh my

this extra year is going to really help programs that don't have players bolting to the nba

It creates a dilemma: do you keep recruiting assuming people will leave or do you shut ti down or narrow it in case they don't? We have the full limit of 13 scholarships given to recruited players. No wiggle room. Benny Williams may be our entire 2021 class. How are we going to recruit all of these 2022 superstars that are going to return us to glory? And how would you like to be a 3 star coming out of high school right now? Where do they put you?

It creates a dilemma: do you keep recruiting assuming people will leave or do you shut ti down or narrow it in case they don't? We have the full limit of 13 scholarships given to recruited players. No wiggle room. Benny Williams may be our entire 2021 class. How are we going to recruit all of these 2022 superstars that are going to return us to glory? And how would you like to be a 3 star coming out of high school right now? Where do they put you?
Superstars aren’t going to come here to sit on the bench.
Our 2021 recruiting is probably done.

It’s our 2022 recruiting that will be effected.
4 star guards aren’t going to come and sit on the bench.
Thus either the incumbents have to play less to help recruiting.
We need to be recruiting 2023 guards now because that is when the lion share of minutes will be available.
Also the future of the HC affects recruiting.
He is 76 and how many years is he going to coach?

I don’t think we are a 20 win team in this 27 game schedule season.

I just hope we aren’t a bubble team.

i didn't know it was a shortened season. 20 wins with 27 games doesn't seem likely.

as for recruits...you're right 2021 doesn't mean much. and maybe even 2022, especially if the core current core becomes dominant.

Quincy is not nearly skilled enough yet to consider himself an early entrant. Not close.

yeah, but - that doesn't ever actually stop people from making that choice.

Also - he's a year older than his class, so he might get to a point where he's tired of school, and wants to go out and try to make some $ playing hoops.

Let's see where he finishes up the year.
Making that assessment based on last year, when he was injured, is unfair.

yeah, but - that doesn't ever actually stop people from making that choice.

Also - he's a year older than his class, so he might get to a point where he's tired of school, and wants to go out and try to make some $ playing hoops.

Let's see where he finishes up the year.
Making that assessment based on last year, when he was injured, is unfair.
Exactly, and I believe he is French Canadian, already travelled to the US, probably has no issue with travelling to Europe to get paid to play ball

You watch last year?

Sure did. I watched a frosh hold his own against grown men. But, I guess all those offensive opportunities he got sure showed his lack of skills.

Sure did. I watched a frosh hold his own against grown men. But, I guess all those offensive opportunities he got sure showed his lack of skills.

saying someone has a lack of nba skills is not an insult. I did not say he didnt belong at syracuse. Quincy couldnt hit a shot outside the paint.

saying someone has a lack of nba skills is not an insult. I did not say he didnt belong at syracuse. Quincy couldnt hit a shot outside the paint.

All I'm saying is that it's pretty tough to gauge his skills from last season. He was dealing with an injury that wasn't reported upon, and didn't get much substantial minutes until later in the year. Then after a solid finish to the season, and game against UNC in the ACCT, it abruptly ended. JB also gave him the stop, and do not pass go sign with his jump shot after a tough start. I do envy your view on him though, because I know you will be pleasantly surprised with his skillset soon enough.

All I'm saying is that it's pretty tough to gauge his skills from last season. He was dealing with an injury that wasn't reported upon, and didn't get much substantial minutes until later in the year. Then after a solid finish to the season, and game against UNC in the ACCT, it abruptly ended. JB also gave him the stop, and do not pass go sign with his jump shot after a tough start. I do envy your view on him though, because I know you will be pleasantly surprised with his skillset soon enough.

nothing would make me happier then to have quincy breakout. Im orange through and through. That said, im skeptical of the jump he will make because he was injured all offseason. If he gets a jumper, he could be lethal.

quincy could easily have a break out year if given the minutes. he will ony get better imo. his ceiling is high.

there were times last year he should have played much more. he was the only frikken guy that was able to grab a rebound. why boeheim didn't play him is beyond me

With SU's luck, EVERYONE will stay. The current roster is not that strong that you want it to block recruiting.

With SU's luck, EVERYONE will stay. The current roster is not that strong that you want it to block recruiting.

that might be true in the worst case scenario where nobody gets better. and this group still has things to prove. but you have to think boeheim will retire after buddy graduates, and he's not looking that far down the road.,even though 3/4 years is quite a long time.

have to hope for big improvemnet this year followed by everyone coming back and a national champ run the following year

he might have to roll with the potential upside of keeping the core in tact while living with the negatives. the clock is ticking and boeheim doesn't really like to change things up if it's not a pronounced improvement. you could also say he's only getting worse in that way.

this really could put the team in a tough spot in a few years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom