Class of 2024 - F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24)

Nobody will ever compare to our sweet prince
Between having a Twitter account made in memory of his tooth, and being rag dolled 10 feet by Zion on a charge, you're damn right.
1000001601.jpg

Couldnt give this my full attention so correct me if i misheard, but i think Mccallister said he thinks the plan is to red shirt or have a red shirt type of season.

Does anyone know if that’s true? I was getting the impression the staff thinks he’ll play this year.
I didn’t get the sense from the Higgins interview that Mike had any true insight on this recruit. The redshirt comment seemed 100% speculative based on the roster.

I didn’t get the sense from the Higgins interview that Mike had any true insight on this recruit. The redshirt comment seemed 100% speculative based on the roster.
He really didn’t know anything more than anyone who follows this board. Not sure why Higgins had him on.

I like that he appears to have some muscle and strength already.

I like that is appears he is not afraid of contact and already plays physical.

I like that it appears he really understands the game and has a high hoops IQ.

It looks like he is a lot better prepared for college ball than our typical incoming HS recruit, even if he played for a fancy prep school.

He isn’t perfect. I see he gets in foul trouble sometimes. I don’t think he will ever be much of a shot blocker.

In a video I saw, it sounded like he speaks French already. Fluently.

Not sure how his English is. Might be very spotty. But he is European and I suspect if he doesn’t speak it well now, he will in a few months.

Welcome Petar.
He might be amphibious

I've watched a lot of tape and don't see why he should redshirt. His ball handling, foot work, and scoring ability around the rim is better than most freshman bigs/projects that we've recruited the past several years, and he might be as good or better than some of our current bigs. We are in a position that we aren't used to and shouldn't be afraid - I say let em all play and fight it out for PT.

I've watched a lot of tape and don't see why he should redshirt. His ball handling, foot work, and scoring ability around the rim is better than most freshman bigs/projects that we've recruited the past several years, and he might be as good or better than some of our current bigs. We are in a position that we aren't used to and shouldn't be afraid - I say let em all play and fight it out for PT.
I agree. Nobody redshirts anymore. How effective was it to redshirt Patterson last year? I doubt anyone stays anywhere for five years anymore.

Couldnt give this my full attention so correct me if i misheard, but i think Mccallister said he thinks the plan is to red shirt or have a red shirt type of season.

Does anyone know if that’s true? I was getting the impression the staff thinks he’ll play this year.
19 year old freshman doesnt need to redshirt, imo...what does he wanna be a 25 year old ncaabb player?

Curious to see what we list him at. Anyone know when the roster height and weights drop?

19 year old freshman doesnt need to redshirt, imo...what does he wanna be a 25 year old ncaabb player?
We've said this before. If he develops into a great NCAA player, but still not a great prospect for the NBA, the NCAA is probably the most lucrative place in the world to play.

If he can make $750k in Syracuse, New York or $125k playing in Lyon, Belgrade or Leningrad, why not stay amongst the college ranks and play big man on campus as long as he can?

We've said this before. If he develops into a great NCAA player, but still not a great prospect for the NBA, the NCAA is probably the most lucrative place in the world to play.

If he can make $750k in Syracuse, New York or $125k playing in Lyon, Belgrade or Leningrad, why not stay amongst the college ranks and play big man on campus as long as he can?
Unless it’s changed, I don’t think players on student visas can earn money, at least not directly.

Well next year Donnie, Eddie and McLeod will all be gone …. I’m sure the plan is for this kid to start next year

I would suggest that most projected one-and-done's usually take 2 years to maximize their draft potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom