Class of 2024 - F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24)

I think this kid is going to surprise. I see him as maybe a more likely rotation player than Davis.
You may be right that Petar surprises us, but I think Davis is going to be extremely solid and consistent and we're going to want him in the game. Also, unlike his previous league, he won't be the defense's main focus, so I think he'll shoot 3s at more like 33%, not 25 like his yeas at Delaware. He also improved every year of college so far.

Davis is an "inside the line" type of forward. He's a solid player, but I see him as Bell insurance, if Bell isn't trying hard enough on defense.

This kid, Majstorovic, has skills and can shoot the three. He played in a professional B league in France. We have Freeman and Bell who can shoot 3's among the front court, but that's it.

That's why we needed a player of this profile in the squad. It's a skill set we were lacking, just like a traditional PG until we got Carlos. That's why the Knicks just traded Julius Randle (an average 3 point shooter) for Towns, an elite one.

Having a big man who can space the floor is essential in the modern game. It drives so many options on the pick & roll if your big can pop and make a three, not just dive to the basket.

Just like I thought Maliq Brown would be a big contributor from day one, when he was not our most heralded recruit - because he brought a skill set to the game that we needed, rebounding.
"Professional B league in France"

I bet the good AAU teams would smoke these teams.

He's going to get 5-10 mins here or there and probably be decent. And that's really all we need from him this season.

He's going to get 5-10 mins here or there and probably be decent. And that's really all we need from him this season.
I think you're both wrong, personally.

Both players are good, and capable of contributing at a high level.

Going to be interesting to see how rotations shake out

He was playing against grown men, even if it is on par with our G League.

And if MacLeod gets hurt again and Petar is a contributor, we won't have to play Donnie at the 5.

He was playing against grown men, even if it is on par with our G League.

And if MacLeod gets hurt again and Petar is a contributor, we won't have to play Donnie at the 5.
This is so critical. Freeman is a nice physical specimen at forward, and should create all kinds of mismatches.

He'll be a total defensive liability at center, just like Brown was last year.

Majstorovic is slightly taller, enough heavier and experienced playing big men to be serviceable back up if either of our two true centers get injured.

Davis is an "inside the line" type of forward. He's a solid player, but I see him as Bell insurance, if Bell isn't trying hard enough on defense.

This kid, Majstorovic, has skills and can shoot the three. He played in a professional B league in France. We have Freeman and Bell who can shoot 3's among the front court, but that's it.

That's why we needed a player of this profile in the squad. It's a skill set we were lacking, just like a traditional PG until we got Carlos. That's why the Knicks just traded Julius Randle (an average 3 point shooter) for Towns, an elite one.

Having a big man who can space the floor is essential in the modern game. It drives so many options on the pick & roll if your big can pop and make a three, not just dive to the basket.

Just like I thought Maliq Brown would be a big contributor from day one, when he was not our most heralded recruit - because he brought a skill set to the game that we needed, rebounding.

Davis and Petar’s percentages from behind the arc are about the same. It was mentioned Petar is still working on his jump shot in Griffs interview the article. He’s a nice piece but there is always an adjustment and it’s early to be claiming his over seas experience will immediately translate to big production in year 1. Should help us which is the biggest factor and it can be just that simple at this point.

So does the NBA.

I think it’s fair to say the context of the point is a bit different. I am stoked to bring a kid like Petar in and hope we establish a pipeline. That said I think there is good value in guys experienced playing college ball and in a different higher visibility environment. So let’s not over hype the kid just yet. If he produces more than expected then that’s just gravy to the quality depth he provides.

If Naheem gets hurt he’s a much better option as a third string big than we’ve had a long time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom