F1 2022 Season | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

F1 2022 Season

How did I not know that this was here????

I watch every qualifying session, Sprint race and Race live (Japan may be tricky).
My wife's probably tired of me singing the Dutch national anthem every time that Max wins. At least it's short. :)

My proposal for a near end of race SC (non Red Flag) is an Orange flag (of course!).
SC comes out everyone gets behind and head into the pits, shut off the engines.
When the track is clear, follow the SC out for either just an out lap or an out lap followed by a warm up lap and then go racing.
Gah! I meant to tag you a while ago, but you know how my brain works. (or doesn't)

I could get behind the Orange flag idea!

I don’t mean to turn this into a “meme threads but some of these are just too good

4428BDEC-7939-4C83-9BBF-7EE1F7D894E2.jpeg

I've been traveling so I'm super out of the loop on driver rumors, but I did just get a notification about Vegas. Saturday (only the 4th Saturday race ever) 11/18. A week earlier than I thought, which means it shouldn't conflict with Maui.

Saturday (only the 4th Saturday race ever) 11/18. A week earlier than I thought, which means it shouldn't conflict with Maui.
it’ll be Sunday in most of the world. ;)

2023 Formula 1 - Race Calendar​

BahrainMarch 5HungaryJuly 23
Saudi ArabiaMarch 19Belgium July 30
Australia April 2Netherlands August 27
ChinaApril 16ItalySeptember 3
AzerbaijanApril 30SingaporeSeptember 17
MiamiMay 7Japan September 24
Emilia RomagnaMay 21QatarOctober 8
MonacoMay 28USA October 22
SpainJune 4MexicoOctober 29
CanadaJune 18BrazilNovember 5
AustriaJuly 2Las VegasNovember 18
United KingdomJuly 9Abu Dhabi November 26

RIP GOATiffi F1 career
Now just Stroll among the pay drivers though I guess he's at least not a complete shitter like Latifi and Mazespin.

Now just Stroll among the pay drivers though I guess he's at least not a complete shitter like Latifi and Mazespin.
Stroll's had a few good races over the years. The other two, while able to get super licenses, clearly wouldn't have been there if Williams & Haas didn't need the $$$.

Zhou is sort of a pay driver, but so far he looks likes hes done well enough to earn his spot. Stroll is average but I doubt he'd still be on the grid if Daddy didn't just outright buy Force India / Aston Martin

Zhou is sort of a pay driver, but so far he looks likes hes done well enough to earn his spot. Stroll is average but I doubt he'd still be on the grid if Daddy didn't just outright buy Force India / Aston Martin
Yeah I consider Zhou to be one as well, his career path certainly didn't earn him that seat. Both him and Stroll don't generally embarass themselves or the team.

Yea, I've been considering Zhou and Stroll a step or three up from Maz and Latifi. Was a little surprised to hear that Zhou was retained for another year. Not that he's been horrible, but with the amount of up and comers that are just sitting around waiting for a ride, it's crazy to me the amount of teams that are like "Yea, might as well try another year of Zhou/Yuki".
I think it was Helmut that said "it takes three full years for a driver to figure out an F1 car" or something like that. Yea, that might be true for most drivers, but when you see someone like deVries come in and score points in a shitbox his first time out- It might make me take a look at some of these younger drivers.

I suggest you hold off until your life slows down a bit, seriously lol. I really dig this game, but it's a crazy time suck unless you halfass it. You can simulate practice sessions, quali, and fast forward through the race, but I'd only recommend that if you're taking over one of the top 3 teams. I think the fastest someone could simulate all three practice sessions, quali, and fast forward through the race would be about 20 mins. I'd say I'm making it through a race weekend in about an hour and a half at my quickest. Depending on how the race goes.

You don't need to actually sit there and watch your cars practice for an hour, but if you just simulate it you lose the ability to work on your car set up, the drivers don't get track or set up experience as fast. I pull up practice, put both cars on hard tires, tweak the set up and let them run 20 laps. (I speed the game up to 16x for those 20 laps) then call them into the garage and tweak some more. My first season, I managed FP1 and simmed FP2-3. I noticed much more driver and car development by managing all three. Figure about 45 mins to run all three, but I'll do other things like clean the pool, do some dishes, and the cars are in the garage by time I get back.

Quali is decent fun, I'm currently trying to figure out how to time it right so I'm not doing my 2nd run in traffic.

For the race, I watch the first lap from an on board camera of one of my cars. Then I speed it up to 8x and monitor weather, tire deg of us and everyone around us, fuel, ERS, and start working on pit strategy.

"During the week" you're designing new parts for this years car, manufacturing those parts, keeping facilities going, researching parts for next years car, scouting drivers and staff.

One of these days when I have a bit more time, I'll go a more in depth if anyone's interested. Very well worth the money, but not sure if it's worth the amount of time I'm spending on it haha. This was the first weekend I've had in 2 months where we weren't traveling, or didn't have house guests, and it's the last weekend for the next month. I spent most of it chilling on the couch trying to get Haas on to a podium haha.
I've had it for a week or 2 now and am 6 or 7 races into my Alpha Tauri season. No matter what I do, Yuki is awful. Did manage to get Pierre on a podium by perfectly managing a wet race which was a spectacular achievement this year.

I've had it for a week or 2 now and am 6 or 7 races into my Alpha Tauri season. No matter what I do, Yuki is awful. Did manage to get Pierre on a podium by perfectly managing a wet race which was a spectacular achievement this year.

I'm midway through my 3rd season, and I think I've only had two, maybe three double points races. Mick kept crashing, so I signed Doohan as a "project" and he's just trash. I can usually get Kmag into the points, the occasional top 5 and a podium or two. Bearman is my reserve driver, and I'm considering either moving him into Doohan's seat, or replacing Doohan with a current driver who can get into the points, then replacing Kmag with Bearman in a season or two. Idk.

I'm trying to find the right balance of upgrading the current car, or researching parts for next season. In season 2, I did very little research, focusing on upgrading the current car. By the end of the season I had a top 8 car, but started the next season with a shitbox, which is taking a while to overcome. This season I upgraded the car until summer break, and will mostly research through the fall. We'll see how I start out season 4.

Still having a good time with it!

What crap! How can FIA decide to wait until the race is over to make a decision. You could be robbing someone of a podium celebration, and your not giving the offending team / driver a chance to overcome or adapt to the mistake and penalty in race. Utter . There was moutains of time left to make a ruling

I contemplated staying up Saturday night to watch the race live. Started around 10:30pm. I had just gotten back from a trip and was beat, so I figured I'd just watch it Sunday morning. Thank goodness lol. That delay would have killed me.

I'm starting to think there's no such thing as a "normal weekend" in F1.

I can't imagine trying to turn laps in those conditions. These guys have some cojones

Heck of a move by Verstappen in the first turn. Yea, he had the benefit of the run off area, but I can't imagine he had any clue whether the car was going to stick or not. Stayed on that throttle though.
Once again, bummed out for Alex.

The tractor on track thing just baffles me. How can FIA/F1 be so bad at this stuff? It could be as easy as
1. Not allowing tractor on track until all cars are safely on pit lane.
2. Announcing over the radio to all drivers that there are safety vehicles on track in turn 12
3. Maybe a warning vehicle a few hundred yards before the safety vehicles
4. Maybe a well lit safety vehicle that can be seen, even in extreme conditions.
Sounds like none of this happened. Hopefully the driver outrage will lead to some changes here.

Nice gamble by Vettel and Latifi. I wish Haas would have done that with Mick, as their gamble obviously didn't work out.
I was actively rooting for Latifi to not get points lol. I'm not sure if that makes me a bad person or not.

As soon as the checkered flag flew, I returned the TV to it's regular scheduled program (We watch cars 1 though 3 on repeat in this house lately. Better than cocomelon) I didn't know they crowned Max until hours later. Congrats to him. Man he's so good. Kinda wish he didn't do it so soon, but I don't think it will take too much excitement out of the remaining races.

I don't know who Haas is going to put into Mick's seat, but none of the names I'm hearing are better than Ricciardo. Does he just not want to go to Haas? Is it better for him to just hang out as a Merc reserve driver for a few years and hope Lewis retires?

In other news, I was looking at barrystickets earlier. They had COTA tickets for less than $400.. I was guessing they'd be way higher than that. I need to go back and peak, mighta been scams. If not though, I've got some decisions to make! lol

I contemplated staying up Saturday night to watch the race live. Started around 10:30pm. I had just gotten back from a trip and was beat, so I figured I'd just watch it Sunday morning. Thank goodness lol. That delay would have killed me.

I'm starting to think there's no such thing as a "normal weekend" in F1.

I can't imagine trying to turn laps in those conditions. These guys have some cojones

Heck of a move by Verstappen in the first turn. Yea, he had the benefit of the run off area, but I can't imagine he had any clue whether the car was going to stick or not. Stayed on that throttle though.
Once again, bummed out for Alex.

The tractor on track thing just baffles me. How can FIA/F1 be so bad at this stuff? It could be as easy as
1. Not allowing tractor on track until all cars are safely on pit lane.
2. Announcing over the radio to all drivers that there are safety vehicles on track in turn 12
3. Maybe a warning vehicle a few hundred yards before the safety vehicles
4. Maybe a well lit safety vehicle that can be seen, even in extreme conditions.
Sounds like none of this happened. Hopefully the driver outrage will lead to some changes here.

Nice gamble by Vettel and Latifi. I wish Haas would have done that with Mick, as their gamble obviously didn't work out.
I was actively rooting for Latifi to not get points lol. I'm not sure if that makes me a bad person or not.

As soon as the checkered flag flew, I returned the TV to it's regular scheduled program (We watch cars 1 though 3 on repeat in this house lately. Better than cocomelon) I didn't know they crowned Max until hours later. Congrats to him. Man he's so good. Kinda wish he didn't do it so soon, but I don't think it will take too much excitement out of the remaining races.

I don't know who Haas is going to put into Mick's seat, but none of the names I'm hearing are better than Ricciardo. Does he just not want to go to Haas? Is it better for him to just hang out as a Merc reserve driver for a few years and hope Lewis retires?

In other news, I was looking at barrystickets earlier. They had COTA tickets for less than $400.. I was guessing they'd be way higher than that. I need to go back and peak, mighta been scams. If not though, I've got some decisions to make! lol
I set the DVR the night before, woke up and watched it first thing without touching my phone or any other devices. Was nice to fast forward through the red flag crap. They botched the championship crowning hard.

Saw a tweet by Jules Bianchi's father about the tractor, was super sad to see. I can't imagine the pain and horrible memories that has to bring back seeing that happen all over again, thinking nothing came of your son's death. Specially with Pierre and Jules being best friends. Looks like the drivers are taking up the fight and really taking it to FIA over it, I hope they really stick it to them. Supposedly as a group they are furious.

HAAS is being so dam stupid. I hope this is all for negotiation sake, the best availble driver left to fill that seat is Mick. Dannys too old and is clearly on the fast downhill side of his career, Gio hasn't shown to be any better than slightly below average, and same with Hulk. Mick is the only one left that isn't horrible and that is young enough to have the potential to get better. I liked Steiner before, didn't really think he was a great TP but atleast entertaining and maybe average. Now I'm leaning towards not being able to stand him. Not a fan of the way he blasts his drivers in the media, entertaining to outsiders but doesn't seem like a great manager to work for. He's also becoming consistent at getting progressively worse team results as the season progresses.

I decided to watch it live.
1am start, lots of rain and a 4:xx finish. Ugh.

Surprised to see the points distributed as they were. Glad to see Max win it, but he shouldn’t have gotten more than half points (or so) for this race. Any way I got to enjoy singing the Dutch national anthem again with a glass of bubbles.

Good to see Nyck get his shot next year. Alpine will be interesting to watch. Could be similar as Ocon vs. Sainz a few years ago.

I’ll be driving back from Florida during the US GP. :(

Sounds like Logan Sargeant is headed to Williams. Announcement Saturday.
I didn’t think he had enough super license points, or are they assuming he’ll have enough after this F2 season?

Sounds like Logan Sargeant is headed to Williams. Announcement Saturday.
I didn’t think he had enough super license points, or are they assuming he’ll have enough after this F2 season?
I think the way it's looking to shake out, he would need a catastrophe to occur to not get enough points. He doesnt really move the needle for me though.

On another note apparently rumored the HAAS seat was Danny's for the taking but he doesn't want it, instead preferred a higher up reserve seat. Super odd. Dude could not make worse career choicrs if he tried.

FP1 in an hour and a half, gents! I can't believe we're not all there!!

2023 Formula 1 - Race Calendar​

BahrainMarch 5HungaryJuly 23
Saudi ArabiaMarch 19BelgiumJuly 30
AustraliaApril 2NetherlandsAugust 27
ChinaApril 16ItalySeptember 3
AzerbaijanApril 30SingaporeSeptember 17
MiamiMay 7JapanSeptember 24
Emilia RomagnaMay 21QatarOctober 8
MonacoMay 28USAOctober 22
SpainJune 4MexicoOctober 29
CanadaJune 18BrazilNovember 5
AustriaJuly 2Las VegasNovember 18
United KingdomJuly 9Abu DhabiNovember 26
How am I just noticing that Vegas is a few days before Maui kicks off. I thought they overlapped. I gotta figure out how to get rich in the next few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom