Fab invited to training camp | Syracusefan.com

Fab invited to training camp

I hope he finds a spot on their roster. I have no problem routing for him! Lets face the facts, he was a 19-20 year old kid who screwed up and acted like a 19-20 year old. I can name 10 stupid things I did as a sophomore in college, hopefully he grows as a person through his ups and downs.

I hope he finds a spot on their roster. I have no problem routing for him! Lets face the facts, he was a 19-20 year old kid who screwed up and acted like a 19-20 year old. I can name 10 stupid things I did as a sophomore in college, hopefully he grows as a person through his ups and downs.

I can name about 20 stupid things I did as a 30 year old.

Go Fab!!!

I quit doing many stupid things when I hit 50, mainly because I was no longer able to do them.

I have a real tough time with Fab. Can't quite bring myself to root for him after how things went down in 2012.

I don't harbor any ill will towards Fab because as a poster said he was a young kid. I wont root for his success, nor will I root for his failure. I choose to invest real interest in the tru contributors to our programs success. I follow Melo, Hak pretty closely and root for guys like Andy, Arinze, RJ

I don't harbor any ill will towards Fab because as a poster said he was a young kid. I wont root for his success, nor will I root for his failure. I choose to invest real interest in the tru contributors to our programs success. I follow Melo, Hak pretty closely and root for guys like Andy, Arinze, RJ

That's essentially exactly how I feel. I'm not rooting for him to fail, but I don't feel compelled to root FOR him either.

Not a bad gamble by the Mavs. If he shows you something, great. If he doesn't, no harm done. Could be a good situation for him since the Mavs run a pretty good organization and aren't exactly stocked with young talent.

Does being waived on a rookie deal work like an amnesty for the next team that picks him up, or will Fab essentially be getting paid on two contracts if he sticks?

Not a bad gamble by the Mavs. If he shows you something, great. If he doesn't, no harm done. Could be a good situation for him since the Mavs run a pretty good organization and aren't exactly stocked with young talent.

Does being waived on a rookie deal work like an amnesty for the next team that picks him up, or will Fab essentially be getting paid on two contracts if he sticks?

That's a great question, I never thought about that. I don't think first round rookies usually get waived after their first year, must be really rare.

Larry Coon says

53. If a first round draft pick is renounced, is he still bound to the salary scale for a first round pick?
No. The salary scale only applies to the team that drafts the player or the team to which the player's draft rights are traded. When Chicago renounced first round pick Travis Knight in 1996, he then signed with the Lakers for one year at the league minimum salary.

Since a renounced draft pick is not constrained by the rookie scale, he is also free to negotiate a larger contract. It is therefore possible for the renouncement to work to the player's advantage.

I'm not sure how much that helps, I think it means he can double dip? I'm assuming he is being offered the min now

I think it means he can double dip? I'm assuming he is being offered the min now
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Nobody would give him anything bigger than a minimum deal (I don't think) but he'll be cashing paychecks from two organizations if he signed.

Fab being Fab

According to the CDC it's estimated that there are only 80 men in the US between the age of 20 and 40 who are 7 feet or taller. Of those, 17% play in the NBA.
It's easy to overlook how rare it is for someone to be as tall as Fab. He will get lots of looks.

According to the CDC it's estimated that there are only 80 men in the US between the age of 20 and 40 who are 7 feet or taller. Of those, 17% play in the NBA.
It's easy to overlook how rare it is for someone to be as tall as Fab. He will get lots of looks.

so almost 1/5 of people 7 feet tall and of pro sports playing age are in the ing NBA? that sounds insane to me. no way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom