Fair's FT shooting | Syracusefan.com

Fair's FT shooting

samspann1

Living Legend
What's up with it? His shooting is down in general (sub 30% from 3-pt land...yeesh), but his FTs in particular are becoming a concern.

He's right around 70% for the year. Grant and Xmas, both not regarded as good FT shooters are at 68% and 69% for the year.

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
What's up with it? His shooting is down in general (sub 30% from 3-pt land...yeesh), but his FTs in particular are becoming a concern.

He's right around 70% for the year. Grant and Xmas, both not regarded as good FT shooters are at 68% and 69% for the year.
Yeah CJ's FT shooting has really gone down hill lately, especially late in games. He needs to get back in the gym and find his touch.

Cuse Action

2nd String

His ball handling needs to improve a lot.

RF2044

Living Legend

Not to mention, he's missing the front end of one-and-ones, which don't count in the percentages but are costly.

Kid was clutch last year from the line; needs to get better this year.

Knicks411

Living Legend
Do we want to say its all the minutes he's been logging and he wears down a bit in the last few?

Knicks411

Living Legend
Not to mention, he's missing the front end of one-and-ones, which don't count in the percentages but are costly.

Kid was clutch last year from the line; needs to get better this year.

Yeah if we lost the game Saturday I think one of the hidden reasons would have been him missing the front end up 73-70 (think that was the score at the time)

Orangezoo

In the wind
He does need to get better .. the arc on his shot is not as good this year so he isnt getting the roll as much. Last year nearly half his makes still touched the rim once.

strumpfasaurus

2nd String
Its called 40 mins a game syndrome.

Correct me if I am wrong here as I was never a D1 athlete, but for an elite Basketball athlete that is in superb physical condition, is there actually really a noticeable difference between 32 minutes a game and 38 minutes a game? I hear this reason a lot and I feel like it is just something that since so many people say it, it must be true.

OrangeYaGladi

2018-19 Iggies Hoops Regular Season/ACC Record
Yeah if we lost the game Saturday I think one of the hidden reasons would have been him missing the front end up 73-70 (think that was the score at the time)
That was a brutal miss. The whole team was so good from the line Saturday that it's hard to be too upset, however.

Knicks411

Living Legend
Correct me if I am wrong here as I was never a D1 athlete, but for an elite Basketball athlete that is in superb physical condition, is there actually really a noticeable difference between 32 minutes a game and 38 minutes a game? I hear this reason a lot and I feel like it is just something that since so many people say it, it must be true.

Who knows, but if we lose a close game down the stretch cause CJ misses a few FT it will definitely be brought up. But there are plenty of games when he goes the whole way and makes big plays down the stretch so I doubt it's that easy

pearl31

in cahoots
It's not just tonight. Fair's FT shooting has been maybe the one thing bugging me about the team this year. And like RF said above, those front-end misses are just killers. He's gotta get that together.

Orangezoo

In the wind
Sorry, zoo, this isn't a great response by you. This is an issue that keeps rearing it's ugly head and has to improve come tourney time.

It was more in response to the cluster of nitpicky posts from the OP tonight. These are not machines and we havent lost yet. Not specifically disagreeing.

iommi

Living Legend
It was more in response to the cluster of nitpicky posts from the OP tonight. These are not machines and we havent lost yet. Not specifically disagreeing.
All good. I didn't see the other posts.

samspann1

Living Legend

Like which posts?

Orangezoo

In the wind
Maybe it wasnt you.. after the game I saw 4 threads pop up specific to problems or concerns I thought you started. My eyes must be tired as I dont see them now.

The2-3PWN

Walk On
Cj and Jerami are going the distance every game. Fatigue is a factor. They have been so good all yr. Just need rest and get Roberson more minutes.

Roberson is a player.

Shermthegeneral

Starter
strumpfasaurus said:

It's called Choking! Or just thinking to much! Basically the same thing. Shooting is all about mechanics and muscle memory, when you start thinking to much, you get tight and you either over compensate or under compensate. That's what you saw all night with his jumpers and Ft's

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Cj and Jerami are going the distance every game. Fatigue is a factor. They have been so good all yr. Just need rest and get Roberson more minutes.

Roberson is a player.
Totally agree on Roberson, although come tourney time fatigue isn't an issue. There's about 5 hours of commercial timeouts.

LPOrange

Scout Team
Jardine went from a 75% career FT shooter to a 50% his senior year. IDK why it happens to our seniors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kquse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom