Fall Ball 2015 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fall Ball 2015

Unless I read that wrong sounded like Grimm was playing offense. Must be a misread on my end.

Unless they lost most FO's, you didn't misread at all.

Also found it interesting that Mariano got some run as a middie. Maybe those closer to the situation expected that, but I did not.

Unless I read that wrong sounded like Grimm was playing offense. Must be a misread on my end.

Junior Nick Weston and redshirt senior Tom Grimm also got significant playing time, typically replacing wings Scott Firman and Paolo Ciferri after faceoffs. The two wings often flanked senior Cal Paduda, taking faceoffs in place of Ben Williams, who’s recovering from a “procedure” to ensure his health in the spring.

Ciferri and Firman are two candidates to replace departed wings Mike Messina and Peter Macartney, who were second and third respectively on the team in ground balls and comprised an elite faceoff group.

If we're on defense, Firman and Pauli wouldn't need to be replaced.

Freshman with roster numbers
image.png

1 - Voight
21 - Mellen
3 - Solomon
30 - O'Sullivan
2 - Romano
28 - Swigart

Bomberry - not dressed

Junior Nick Weston and redshirt senior Tom Grimm also got significant playing time, typically replacing wings Scott Firman and Paolo Ciferri after faceoffs. The two wings often flanked senior Cal Paduda, taking faceoffs in place of Ben Williams, who’s recovering from a “procedure” to ensure his health in the spring.

Ciferri and Firman are two candidates to replace departed wings Mike Messina and Peter Macartney, who were second and third respectively on the team in ground balls and comprised an elite faceoff group.

If we're on defense, Firman and Pauli wouldn't need to be replaced.
A "procedure"... not sure I like the sound of that

When I played on LI, the refs would have ruled that was a "brush".

True story - UVa was playing Hofstra in Hempstead. A HU defenseman tried to go over one of our player's head, but missed, and knocked his helmet around so our player was looking out the ear hole. Frenchie Julien ruled it was a "brush." After that, any time one of our players hit someone's helmet we said it wasn't a penalty because it was a "Long Island brush."

Last edited:
4-0 at the half. Some outstanding saves by #27 for us. Sorry, forgot my roster.
Roster on cuse.com lists #27 as Sr. defenseman Sean Young. #23 is GK Parker Ferrigan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom