Fallout 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fallout 4

jekelish

Living Legend
I know some others here are video game fans. I've been playing Fallout 4 for the past couple days...and enjoying the hell out of it. I'm up to level 14 (and a half) already, with two sets of Power Armor, yet I haven't even made my way to Fenway yet.

No game series has ever been better for just dicking around.

I know some others here are video game fans. I've been playing Fallout 4 for the past couple days...and enjoying the hell out of it. I'm up to level 14 (and a half) already, with two sets of Power Armor, yet I haven't even made my way to Fenway yet.

I'm a big Fallout series fan. I don't have a next gen system but would buy one for games like this. Is it worth it since I keep reading that it's buggy as heck?

I'm a big Fallout series fan. I don't have a next gen system but would buy one for games like this. Is it worth it since I keep reading that it's buggy as heck?
I haven't encountered any bugs yet, so it certainly hasn't been an issue for me. Of course I've been just sort of screwing around so the bugs might be in sections of the game I haven't reached yet.

I'm pretty sure I just saw that PS4 is about to dip down to under $300 at Walmart, so it might be a good time to grab one, if that happens.

Under $300? Sweet jesus, it's time for me to buy.

Well I mean hell, you can get one for $349 with a game included right now.

I know, it's the principle of it. Till we go to $300 new, I'm out of the game. Although no NHL for PS3, and the new COD being out, and Fallout 4...ugh, time to bite the bullet either way probably.

Plus I'm slightly addicted to ridiculous Tropico 5 of late anyway...which is only on PS4.

I know, it's the principle of it. Till we go to $300 new, I'm out of the game. Although no NHL for PS3, and the new COD being out, and Fallout 4...ugh, time to bite the bullet either way probably.

Plus I'm slightly addicted to ridiculous Tropico 5 of late anyway...which is only on PS4.
Yes, but you have to look at it like this: you can get a new PS4 with, say, Star Wars: Battlefront included for $349. Take away the $60 for the game, that's $289 for the console.

So is the PS4 is a better console than the Xbox1? I have a 360 and have always enjoyed it.

its all games, what do you want to play.. ps4 is the better machine, but its lot light years better and if you like the exclusives on xbox its well worth it too.

upload_2015-11-16_18-40-24.jpeg

Niko Bellic is not amused.

So is the PS4 is a better console than the Xbox1? I have a 360 and have always enjoyed it.

It's the same discussion back in 2008 of PS3 VS 360...it just comes down to what you enjoy playing.

PC > PS4 > XBOne

If you're not playing it on PC, you're doing it wrong. ;)

PC > PS4 > XBOne

I used to play PC games 10 years ago but some reason got away from it. I guess the rise of the next gen consoles pushed me away.

PC > PS4 > XBOne

I used to do pc games...yeah their awesome, but it's a significant investment to build a legit gaming machine.

At least it was teen years ago.

I used to do pc games...yeah their awesome, but it's a significant investment to build a legit gaming machine.

At least it was teen years ago.
Exactly. It seems like you can't run new computer games properly or at all on a regular old laptop (which is what I own).

Exactly. It seems like you can't run new computer games properly or at all on a regular old laptop (which is what I own).

I would never try to run most AAA games off a laptop. I build my own desktops, so my system can handle pretty much anything, though I've been contemplating upgrading my 780Ti gpu with a 980Ti.

I have a PS3, but just can't get into as much, and now that Steam has introduced a $50 box that will allow you to stream your PC games to your TV through your router, my PS3 may never get used.

I would never try to run most AAA games off a laptop. I build my own desktops, so my system can handle pretty much anything, though I've been contemplating upgrading my 780Ti gpu with a 980Ti.

I have a PS3, but just can't get into as much, and now that Steam has introduced a $50 box that will allow you to stream your PC games to your TV through your router, my PS3 may never get used.
I have no idea what any of that means haha. I haven't seen the $50 box. It looks like they have some kind of console coming out that's around $399 I think. I'd need to do some research into Steam to see if it'd be worth it.

I have no idea what any of that means haha. I haven't seen the $50 box. It looks like they have some kind of console coming out that's around $399 I think. I'd need to do some research into Steam to see if it'd be worth it.

Steam is the largest digital gaming delivery service out there. Think of it as PC's version of Playstation store. You want to buy and play a game, you use Steam, and their sales are generally outstanding. Unlike the consoles, games quickly come down in price in the PC world. Recently, the developers of Steam, Valve, developed their own operating system that was designed with gaming as it's focus, unlike Windows, which is a general operating system. With that, they worked with several manufacturers to develop Steam boxes that look like console boxes, but are really just compact computers using Steam OS. But they're meant for the living room, instead of the office/study. They also just came out with Lync, which looks like Amazon FireTV, but is used to stream games from your PC to your living room tv. With that, they also released a controller that competes with the Xbox and PS controllers, but has functionality to streamline keyboard entries.

Steam is the largest digital gaming delivery service out there. Think of it as PC's version of Playstation store. You want to buy and play a game, you use Steam, and their sales are generally outstanding. Unlike the consoles, games quickly come down in price in the PC world. Recently, the developers of Steam, Valve, developed their own operating system that was designed with gaming as it's focus, unlike Windows, which is a general operating system. With that, they worked with several manufacturers to develop Steam boxes that look like console boxes, but are really just compact computers using Steam OS. But they're meant for the living room, instead of the office/study. They also just came out with Lync, which looks like Amazon FireTV, but is used to stream games from your PC to your living room tv. With that, they also released a controller that competes with the Xbox and PS controllers, but has functionality to streamline keyboard entries.
Thanks for all the information. It definitely gives me something to think about. How do the Steam servers usually do? Are they pretty reliable and fast?

I miss Rainbow 6 on PC. My "Clan" was ranked 3rd in the world at one point, on one of the gaming sites. Can't remember the name of the site tho.
"AdamsReallyAwesome.net" and it was run by some dude who lives in Alaska.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom