Fan Alert! Suck it up and cheer! | Syracusefan.com

Fan Alert! Suck it up and cheer!

jordoo

Living Legend
Look everyone I get it some of you would prefer to wring your hands and cower in fear. I understand that there are legitimate concerns to have about our team and how far they can go in this years tourney. Yes we would all love to have a deeper bench full of stud players but we have covered that and are more than 3 days removed from our loss and less than two days away from our FIRST 2014 NCAAT game.

So now is the time to quite your whining, suck it up get excited and cheer on our Orangemen who are the 3rd seed in the south region. You can spend the whole off season bemoaning whatever you'd like about the squad and dissecting every loss. There is no powerhouse team this year if we play well we beat anyone plain and simple. I wonder if some of us remember that we became fans out of enjoyment? Please for those of you who are struggling reach back to your younger days of fandom, be thankful that you are an SU bball fan (one of the big time programs) and for crying out loud back your Orangemen!!!!

Whither Mantonio??
young-justice_114722_top.jpg

lgo. There are only 8 teams in a better position than SU right now. I'd sign up for this situation every year in November. Can't wait for Thursday

Do you think we whiners are NOT going to cheer for our team?

They can cheer just as long as we can not see them whining!

I am pumped. Leaving for Buffalo in about 5 hours.

Look everyone I get it some of you would prefer to wring your hands and cower in fear. I understand that there are legitimate concerns to have about our team and how far they can go in this years tourney. Yes we would all love to have a deeper bench full of stud players but we have covered that and are more than 3 days removed from our loss and less than two days away from our FIRST 2014 NCAAT game.

So now is the time to quite your whining, suck it up get excited and cheer on our Orangemen who are the 3rd seed in the south region. You can spend the whole off season bemoaning whatever you'd like about the squad and dissecting every loss. There is no powerhouse team this year if we play well we beat anyone plain and simple. I wonder if some of us remember that we became fans out of enjoyment? Please for those of you who are struggling reach back to your younger days of fandom, be thankful that you are an SU bball fan (one of the big time programs) and for crying out loud back your Orangemen!!!!
jordoo = real
Yeah boy, LGO!

I was saying the exact same thing just before the NCST ACC tournament game. Here's my prediction with Western Michigan: If David Brown goes 6 for 11 from 3 and Cooney goes 1 for 12 we are going to lose the game. If CJ Fair doesn't start hitting shots until the second half we are going to lose.

I am not whining. It saddens my heart but I am just being realistic. I always want the Orange to win. But this team's mojo heading into the tournament is not the same as last year's team! I am not the only one:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...syracuse_wont_get_past_sweet_16_what_the.html

I was saying the exact same thing just before the NCST ACC tournament game. Here's my prediction with Western Michigan: If David Brown goes 6 for 11 from 3 and Cooney goes 1 for 12 we are going to lose the game. If CJ Fair doesn't start hitting shots until the second half we are going to lose.

I am not whining. It saddens my heart but I am just being realistic. I always want the Orange to win. But this team's mojo heading into the tournament is not the same as last year's team! I am not the only one:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...syracuse_wont_get_past_sweet_16_what_the.html

No you aren't whining as much but you are preparing for the worst and protecting your fan feelings. What you posted means any team loses its bunk dude. Fanatisism is not realism or logical use your heart and soul instead of your brain. Rationalize after the season and enjoy what we have now. If you get crushed it will only strengthen you fan muscles for next year.

If that's all you got out of my thread you should feel bad. Plus it is that simple.

Everything seems simple on paper, it's the execution that contradicts it.

It cannot be fun to be a fan and always think the worst. Don't know how some do it. I never think we will lose. Why bother to even care, if gonna go into a game thinking it's going to be a loss? Fans support their team, not question them.

No you aren't whining as much but you are preparing for the worst and protecting your fan feelings. What you posted means any team loses its bunk dude. Fanatisism is not realism or logical use your heart and soul instead of your brain. Rationalize after the season and enjoy what we have now. If you get crushed it will only strengthen you fan muscles for next year.

I am trying to be realistic but the NCST performance shook me a bit especially after how well they did against FSU. I thought the team was back in high gear. Now I am not so sure.

well, seems to me like sometimes posters want to put themselves in a "win,win" situation. If the orange win they feel good, if they lose they can say I told you so. I'm new to the board and when I think about I've been guilty myself, actually sometimes not very often I've been guilty watching the game after I know what happened. just an oldtimer trying to save my old heart once in awhile. I really bleed orange, really do.

I do not watch much Basketball. Whats some realistic predictions on how far Cuse will go? Im in a bracket contest at work and have them going all the way. Is an Ohio state upset possible? :

I do not watch much Basketball. Whats some realistic predictions on how far Cuse will go? Im in a bracket contest at work and have them going all the way. Is an Ohio state upset possible? :

I just want 'em to play well, like I said in another thread. I'll be disappointed (but not depressed) if they don't make it to the round of 16, anything after that is "found money."

LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom