FanDuel sets win total for Cuse at 6.5... | Syracusefan.com

FanDuel sets win total for Cuse at 6.5...

Its Over Basketball GIF by NBA

Why is the schedule so soft?

Ohio we should win but game 1 win
GT beat us loss
Stanford who knows win
Holy Cross win 3-1
@ unlv win but tough road trip hope 4-1
at NC st tough 4-2
@pitt never win 4-3
VT on the up swing killed us last yr
@BC new coach issues hopefully win 6-3
@cal another tough trip
Uconn need this win
Miami for the ACC title..

I can see 9 wins i can see 6 losses.

I feel like this season is going to be Pasqualoni year 1. I have a good feeling about it. I'm curious if Fran can coach but talent at QB is going to be such a game changer. Similar to P riding the Graves 2nd year, I can see McCord really driving this engine forward and building on a weak schedule at the top.

I'm thinking 8-9 wins and potentially 10. Just feel like good karma, good quarterbacking, and a full buy in from the community can bring this baby back. I have penciled the VT/BC/Pitt troika as the line in the sand. Old School rivals right in the middle. Let's have a rock fight boys

Hammer the over. I think the basement floor is 7 wins. An elite proven QB leading us now. This can’t be understated the importance of someone that will be extremely competent AND with elite skills behind center. Shrader was extremely competent and a baller, but flawed slightly in arm capabilities and accuracy. I just don’t see Kyle McCord losing 5 games in one season.

Hammer the over. I think the basement floor is 7 wins. An elite proven QB leading us now. This can’t be understated the importance of someone that will be extremely competent AND with elite skills behind center. Shrader was extremely competent and a baller, but flawed slightly in arm capabilities and accuracy. I just don’t see Kyle McCord losing 5 games in one season.
What if the proven QB gets hurt?

Why is the schedule so soft?

Ohio we should win but game 1 win
GT beat us loss
Stanford who knows win
Holy Cross win 3-1
@ unlv win but tough road trip hope 4-1
at NC st tough 4-2
@pitt never win 4-3
VT on the up swing killed us last yr
@BC new coach issues hopefully win 6-3
@cal another tough trip
Uconn need this win
Miami for the ACC title..

I can see 9 wins i can see 6 losses.
As of right now, the only team in ESPN's early preseason Top 25 for 2024 (which I know isn't the be all end all) is NC State at #20. Zero other ranked teams.

Is that just regular season or does it include Bowls too? If that includes the Bowl game I would say 6.5 is too low.

With the giant caveat that I'm expecting Fran and co to be able to be decent coaches and that McCord is solid. And no major injuries.
Good points on the factors impacting the line Mike:

1. Fran and staff don't have a huge learning curve
2. McCord stays healthy all year
3. No major injuries - especially at OL, CB, LB(?)
4. Portal impact - for the teams on the schedule

Any issues on 1, 2, or 3 will likely significantly impact the win total. #4 is a wild card and will influence how "soft" the 24 schedule really is.

Just concerned we have a 6 win OL who can't pass block with a QB who can't run or move well.
You think Schafer had it tough, just watch how many games McCord can play. The over/under shouldn't be on wins it should be on McCord's games played. That directly will impact number of wins.

We have some pretty big questions / concerns on this team. OL has some questions and a first year HC are two glaring one. I believe HCFB will have great success but the first year might have a few bumps. I was thinking 7-5 and hoping for 8-4. 8+ wins would be awesome but with 8 wins we can solidly build and recruit. Vegas wants us to show them after two decades of not great ball.

I would be content with 7-5, happy with 8-4, anything higher I'm over the moon.

New HC, OL questions, WR room (and other positions) are a bit unknown, and depth all factor in. Injuries could bite us or we might get lucky. Too much fluidity to worry there.

Fran has us all feeling like we've won the offseason but lets see how it all translates.

Bowl is the floor

We have some pretty big questions / concerns on this team. OL has some questions and a first year HC are two glaring one. I believe HCFB will have great success but the first year might have a few bumps. I was thinking 7-5 and hoping for 8-4. 8+ wins would be awesome but with 8 wins we can solidly build and recruit. Vegas wants us to show them after two decades of not great ball.

I’d still take the over but these are my two concerns. Coaching staff is less of a concern than OL, for me. Had we hired a proven teacher at the OL position I’d feel a lot better but we have an OL based on previous years….. “everyone improves so we’ll be better next year”. Maybe we will but it’s definitely a concern. Then throw in a coach I’m not sure is better than what we had. Who knows.

Inexperience of coaching staff is definitely a concern but Fran seems like a no nonsense guy, in a way other coaches just make it sound like they are but really aren’t. I think what they lack in experience they’ll make up for in being difficult to game plan against and being more willing to adjust. In game and through the season.

Until we see depth, as usual this will come down to starting qb staying healthy. That is the gamble here.