Fantasy Baseball 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2017

If you can negotiate with your TV and couch to get some free time on Tuesday, March 28 at 8:30, we would love to have you participate in the live online draft. I haven't heard any complaints since I set it then. I'll focus in on it sometime next week and make sure all teams/owners are accounted for, and to give our wait-list folks time to get in for the slackers.

My couch is in agreement, and my TV, after some initial reluctance, has grudgingly acquiesced. Marking the date now. Just have to keep my wife out of the room...she's a jinx!

Unfortunately, that date is a no-go for me. Tuesdays are my busy day at the tennis center. Looks like I'll have to AutoDraft.

That date and time works for me. Are we doing keepers, or redraft?

Ok, I just sent an email to the league asking all to confirm their entries for next year. We have 2 on the waiting list, so I'm hoping I can identify any teams for deletion and getting the new managers in before draft night next Tuesday. OttoinGrotto (The L-7 Weenies) mentioned before he did not plan to return, but I'm giving him one last chance for a change of heart.

I've lost mappings to team names of Buzhardt's Luck, Maddon's Maulers, Mike Zaun, The Dark Knights, and Tom Emanski Allstars
so please let me know who's who.

Returning managers (team name):
Symphony Steve (Buzhardt's Luck)
MSOrange (MSOrange)
Alsacs
HakAttack (Vlad The Impaler)
SUFaninNJ (Maddon's Maulers)
Knicks411 (Mike Zaun)
OrangeFoo
Guy Fawkes (Guy Fawkes)
JackBauer44 (BeatenByATennisCoach)
JKinPhilly (JKinPhilly)

Waiting list:
FreakTalksAboutSU
Briancuse

Last edited:
I, Symphony Steve, am Buzhardt's Luck.

Named after a mediocre pitcher for the worse-than-mediocre Phillies of the late 1950's. He stunk, but the announcers lamented his misfortune. Hence Buzhardt's (aka Buzzards') Luck.

SUFaninNJ is Maddon's Maulers

I was just going to wait for the season to get going for a little bit and see who was in last place and assume that team was you.

Sorry to keep on about this, but I guess we're not doing keepers?

Sorry to keep on about this, but I guess we're not doing keepers?

I don't think it would be fair to, we didnt draft last year with the intention of their being keepers. (Right? or did i totally blank on that?)

I don't think it would be fair to, we didnt draft last year with the intention of their being keepers. (Right? or did i totally blank on that?)

Yeah, I don't think keepers is happening. Yahoo doesn't make it as easy as I'd like to determine values, and with some roster turnover I think it's only fair that we just do a full re-draft.

I'm cool with no keepers. Just wasn't sure. I think it's probably fairest to do a random draft order, no? Considering it's a redraft.

I'm cool with no keepers. Just wasn't sure. I think it's probably fairest to do a random draft order, no? Considering it's a redraft.

My only thing is that it's easier if we know the draft order at least a couple of hours in advance of the draft. It's easier to take a look at likely scenarios, especially during the early rounds. Which, in turn, helps us to prepare our strategies and move the draft along quicker.

My only thing is that it's easier if we know the draft order at least a couple of hours in advance of the draft. It's easier to take a look at likely scenarios, especially during the early rounds. Which, in turn, helps us to prepare our strategies and move the draft along quicker.

I think you should base the draft order on how you finished. Reward the championship winning team with the #1 pick.

I have the 3rd pick in my other league draft tonight - an ESPN roto league. Would you guys take Arenado or Kershaw?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom