Fantasy Baseball 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2017

Who's finishing second? No one has a better starting five than me. Thor, Arrietta, deGrom, Carrasco, Archer. Plus Roark and Hellboy waiting in the wings. My lineup is totally feast or famine though.

Yeah, you've got good power, but will struggle in some of the other offensive categories. It was an interesting strategy, delaying filling some of the offensive holes until you accumulated such solid pitching depth.

From a contrarian standpoint, I like it.

I chose not to load up early on pitching. I've been burned in the past by having my top starters go down with shoulder and elbow injuries. I tried to go for a balanced team offensively and solid but not spectacular starting pitching. I took a few fliers as well. Let's see how it works out.

I chose not to load up early on pitching. I've been burned in the past by having my top starters go down with shoulder and elbow injuries. I tried to go for a balanced team offensively and solid but not spectacular starting pitching. I took a few fliers as well. Let's see how it works out.

I tried to do a similar approach. I wanted to grab Kershaw to be the stud of my rotation and hopefully Verlander will be solid too. After that I wanted a balanced team offensively and fill in the rest of starting pitching with guys who would be solid if not spectacular. Not thrilled with my OF. Hopefully McCutchen has a bounceback year.

I tried to do a similar approach. I wanted to grab Kershaw to be the stud of my rotation and hopefully Verlander will be solid too. After that I wanted a balanced team offensively and fill in the rest of starting pitching with guys who would be solid if not spectacular. Not thrilled with my OF. Hopefully McCutchen has a bounceback year.

I just looked back at my team, my starting pitching sucks. Once you get past Scherzer and Hamels, I've got nothing. My outfield isn't too solid either. I do like my infield though. My Cubs affinity led me to take Schwarber when I could've had Sanchez. I have a feeling that will come back to bite me.

I just looked back at my team, my starting pitching sucks. Once you get past Scherzer and Hamels, I've got nothing. My outfield isn't too solid either. I do like my infield though. My Cubs affinity led me to take Schwarber when I could've had Sanchez. I have a feeling that will come back to bite me.

I know what you mean about the Cubs. I'm a diehard Braves fan so I had to grab Dansby Swanson late even though I already had Correa at SS and could have probably used another position on my bench.

Yeah, you've got good power, but will struggle in some of the other offensive categories. It was an interesting strategy, delaying filling some of the offensive holes until you accumulated such solid pitching depth.

From a contrarian standpoint, I like it.

Yeah, I usually try to go for a balanced team but the problem is when you pick at the end of the first round, 36 players are already gone before you get to a third pick. Once I took Harper early I felt I needed to get good pitching before the top line aces went off the board. The problem is many elite bats were gone by the sixth round and then I said, screw it, power is cheap. I'll build around pitching. Perhaps I should have alternated hitter/pitcher instead of drafting deGrom/Archer.

I hate picking early or late. I'd much rather have a mid-round pick.

I'm making Dee Gordon available for anyone who is looking for some steals. Perhaps Turner as well

I'm making Dee Gordon available for anyone who is looking for some steals. Perhaps Turner as well

Justin or Trea? If it's Trea then let's talk.

Justin or Trea? If it's Trea then let's talk.

Trea. I would obviously prefer to move Gordon, but with Altuve and one of those two guys, i should be ok in steals on a weekly basis

Any takers on Starling Marte? I've suddenly decided to put him on the market today.

Yikes. My team outside of Bryce Harper is hot garbage.

My team is stacked. Just saying.

What's the logic of the system locking guys in when a game is postponed? I lost three batters today from the Yankees Astros postponement. Seems like you should be able to replace them.

I sorta agree. But the game was cancelled real early, hours before the first game of the day, not at the last minute.

I sorta agree. But the game was cancelled real early, hours before the first game of the day, not at the last minute.

Yes it was. I'm just basically being a big baby because I snoozed and I lose.

If I have the #1 pick next year, I just might take Kershaw. Guy is a stone cold killer. Sure killed MY chances this week.

If I have the #1 pick next year, I just might take Kershaw. Guy is a stone cold killer. Sure killed MY chances this week.

He's pretty much single handedly made me look like I know what I'm doing a few seasons.

I'm in a keeper auction league; we were lucky enough to have some cheap keepers, so we went all in and got Trout and Kershaw. Even with the Trout injury, no regrets.

Here's the amazing thing about Kershaw. He's been incredible this year, and by most measures, this is his worst year in like 5. He has a 2.37 ERA, that would be his worst since 2012. He has a 0.95 WHIP. Again, worst since 2012.

I'm in a keeper auction league; we were lucky enough to have some cheap keepers, so we went all in and got Trout and Kershaw. Even with the Trout injury, no regrets.

Here's the amazing thing about Kershaw. He's been incredible this year, and by most measures, this is his worst year in like 5. He has a 2.37 ERA, that would be his worst since 2012. He has a 0.95 WHIP. Again, worst since 2012.

I don't think he has to throw another pitch and he gets in the HOF. He's had a stretch of dominance that good.

Other sure-fire HOFs who I think have done enough if there career ended today

Albert Pujols
Miguel Cabrera
Adrian Beltre

I'd have to think if there are any more.

I don't think he has to throw another pitch and he gets in the HOF. He's had a stretch of dominance that good.

Other sure-fire HOFs who I think have done enough if there career ended today

Albert Pujols
Miguel Cabrera
Adrian Beltre

I'd have to think if there are any more.

I would agree with all 4 of those. Ichiro is another one. Mike Trout hasn't played enough, as soon as he gets his 10 years he's in. I think Carlos Beltran is another one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom