Fantasy Baseball 2017 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2017

Definitely agree on Ichiro. Beltran is probably in, but not a lock.

I think Beltran has passed enough round numbers. Over 400 HR, 2500 H, 1500 R and 1500 RBI. Great defensive reputation. Fantastic post season player (minus one AB I'd like to forget)

Damn. This thread has been DEAD. It's playoff time and no one cares?

The last post in this thread was June 3rd. The fact that TODAY there are NFL games isn't really an excuse.

Plus the playoffs have been going on for almost a week now.

Damn. This thread has been DEAD. It's playoff time and no one cares?

I definitely care. I've been watching my matchup with TDTOrange all week. Considering me the anti Rex Ryan of fantasy baseball. I don't talk trash unless I'm really sure I can back it up.

Looks like we're headed to a tie so I'm not sure how that is determined.

I definitely care. I've been watching my matchup with TDTOrange all week. Considering me the anti Rex Ryan of fantasy baseball. I don't talk trash unless I'm really sure I can back it up.

Looks like we're headed to a tie so I'm not sure how that is determined.

The only proper course of action, IMHO, would be to eliminate both teams, since neither won, thus sending me to the finals uncontested.

I'm sure that everyone would agree with this eminently fair course of action...or maybe not.

The only proper course of action, IMHO, would be to eliminate both teams, since neither won, thus sending me to the finals uncontested.

I'm sure that everyone would agree with this eminently fair course of action...or maybe not.

Interesting pickup of Bruce, whom I dropped because he looked dead. At this point in the season, names don't matter. It's 100% a "what have you done for me lately" mentality, which is why I can imagine you dropped Bogey to pick up Bruce.

Hopefully that move won't come back to bite me in the butt when I play you in the finals.

Interesting pickup of Bruce, whom I dropped because he looked dead. At this point in the season, names don't matter. It's 100% a "what have you done for me lately" mentality, which is why I can imagine you dropped Bogey to pick up Bruce.

Hopefully that move won't come back to bite me in the butt when I play you in the finals.

Play who in the finals??? Which team are you?? Vlad the Impaler right? Is Steve BeatByaTennisCoach? Just want to keep track of who is talking trash here!

Play who in the finals??? Which team are you?? Vlad the Impaler right? Is Steve BeatByaTennisCoach? Just want to keep track of who is talking trash here!

Yeah, I'm Vlad. Not sure who Steve is. Who picked up Bruce?

Well it's just you and me for all the marbles HakAttack. Good luck! Kershaw should be in line to hit the mound twice this week so I'm banking on that helping me.

Hey, I'm not talking trash. There's no consolation in the consolation bracket. Good luck, guys!

If I can pull this off, this would be one of the great comebacks in fantasy baseball history. Left for dead and limping into the playoffs with a regular season record of under .500, VladTheImpaler takes down two of the top three seeds en route to the final round.

Matt Olson and the stable of SPs that have contributed to my pitching stats have also helped immensely. :)

In fact, picking up Matt Olson for Jay Bruce saved my season.

Last edited:
With unlimited weekly transaction moves, MS Orange FINALLY decides to stream pitchers for Sunday's season finale. Too little, too late?

Why did you wait all week to start streaming pitchers?

With unlimited weekly transaction moves, MS Orange FINALLY decides to stream pitchers for Sunday's season finale. Too little, too late?

Why did you wait all week to start streaming pitchers?

I probably waited too long but I wanted to keep Verlander, Bauer, Santana and Morton for their starts and they all gave me quality starts. But you're right, I really feel behind not getting any pitching stats on Wed and Thurs

I probably waited too long but I wanted to keep Verlander, Bauer, Santana and Morton for their starts and they all gave me quality starts. But you're right, I really feel behind not getting any pitching stats on Wed and Thurs

I was just shocked to see you add 4-5 guys last night, because I didn't think you were streaming during our matchup. For me, I've been streaming since the playoffs began, and I had such good luck with it, I figured I better go all-in, can't stop now.

Maybe that's something to address for the league next year? If others don't care, I'm cool with leaving it. In my other league that I'm the commissioner of, we have a weekly limit of 6 transactions, in part to limit stuff like this.

I was just shocked to see you add 4-5 guys last night, because I didn't think you were streaming during our matchup. For me, I've been streaming since the playoffs began, and I had such good luck with it, I figured I better go all-in, can't stop now.

Maybe that's something to address for the league next year? If others don't care, I'm cool with leaving it. In my other league that I'm the commissioner of, we have a weekly limit of 6 transactions, in part to limit stuff like this.

Yeah I only started streaming toward the end of this week. I didn't want to do it in the early rounds of the playoffs because i was nervous about losing a pitcher I really liked for the later rounds. But it's one of those things we debate all the time on here - what difference do the later rounds make if you don't get there? I'm okay with either way. There's a certain strategy involved either way - go with the guys who got you there or the wild wild west, so to speak. But maybe a weekly limit would be a nice mix of both. I'm definitely open to that.

Back to Back champ over here...Champion in three of the four years we've done this league, and runner-up the other year. Can you say dynasty?

Last edited:
Back to Back champ over here...Champion in three of the four years we've done this league, and runner-up the other year. Can you say dynasty?

Congrats- made a list ditch effort to get RBI, SB, WIP and wins to swing my way but too little, too late.

Congrats- made a list ditch effort to get RBI, SB, WIP and wins to swing my way but too little, too late.

‘‘Twas a valiant effort. Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom