Fantasy Baseball 2022? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2022?

Gotta say, Guy Fawkes' Long Balls may be the best-balanced team we've ever had in this league.

My team didn't suck this week, but they had an answer for everything.

Anything can happen in a given week, but my hat's off to that team. My only hope? Sometimes the best team doesn't win.

Guy Fawkes I suspect is a pretty strong fantasy player. He also won the regular season in our NBA Fantasy League by a decent amount IIRC. I did beat him in the playoff finals however.

Last edited:
Updated Standings
(Note Jr Noboa could lose 1 point, Chop and Kadary could flip a few points still their match)

The difference between 4th and 7th is so small, and one team will miss the playoffs.
On the basis of a 10-0 win this week, Eeephus (otto) hangs around with still a chance with 2 weeks to go.

In terms of next week (Week #20)
Chop and MS Orange have the easier matchups against teams #9 and #10
Kadary and Jr Noboa have tough matchups against #1 and #2.
Eephus has a tough match against GM's Team.

That being said, things change in the final week #21.
Chop and MS Orange switch from the easiest matchups in week #20, to then facing #1 and #2 in the final week
Kadary and Jr Noboa go head to head, in what could determine the final playoff spot.
Eephus closes against a weak team to close.

1661735607354.png

Updated Standings
(Note Jr Noboa could lose 1 point, Chop and Kadary could flip a few points still their match)

The difference between 4th and 7th is so small, and one team will miss the playoffs.
On the basis of a 10-0 win this week, Eeephus (otto) hangs around with still a chance with 2 weeks to go.

In terms of next week (Week #20)
Chop and MS Orange have the easier matchups against teams #9 and #10
Kadary and Jr Noboa have tough matchups against #1 and #2.
Eephus has a tough match against GM's Team.

That being said, things change in the final week #21.
Chop and MS Orange switch from the easiest matchups in week #20, to then facing #1 and #2 in the final week
Kadary and Jr Noboa go head to head, in what could determine the final playoff spot.
Eephus closes against a weak team to close.

View attachment 219320
McCullers rides again!

As of 7:30pm Saturday.

Race stays very close, with what now appears to be 5-7 battling for 2 spots.. although MS Orange did not secure that playoff spot yet. Chip will need a big week next week, as he is down 9-3 and doesn't really look like he will flip a category before the end of Sunday.

Team Lance Mclullers is now in a playoff position by the smallest of margin (0.5 points)

1662247899958.png

Race stays very close, with what now appears to be 5-7 battling for 2 spots.. although MS Orange did not secure that playoff spot yet. Chip will need a big week next week, as he is down 9-3 and doesn't really look like he will flip a category before the end of Sunday.

Team Lance Mclullers is now in a playoff position by the smallest of margin (0.5 points)

View attachment 219499
YOU ALL LAUGHED AT MCCULLERS

View attachment 219499
There's definitely an upper tier of the top 3 teams. I was hoping to get above 500 at some point this season, but not looking like I will unless next week is really good.

As I was scrolling through some matchups before today to see what categories were close, I came across this.

How is 22 RBI's even possible with 51 hits and 16 HR's ... (yes I know technically its possible but I don't think I have ever seen anything close to that).

1662308553358.png

As I was scrolling through some matchups before today to see what categories were close, I came across this.

How is 22 RBI's even possible with 51 hits and 16 HR's ... (yes I know technically its possible but I don't think I have ever seen anything close to that).

View attachment 219554
My team is the kind of the solo HR this week apparently. Wow that is crazy.

Who the hell does Luis Robert think he is. Critical day in the fantasy season, and he is taking days off for paternity leave?

Back in my day he would be playing and the rest of the guys would have pitched in for some night time entertainment for him to celebrate his new child.

Who the hell does Luis Robert think he is. Critical day in the fantasy season, and he is taking days off for paternity leave?

Back in my day he would be playing and the rest of the guys would have pitched in for some night time entertainment for him to celebrate his new child.
Luis has his priorities straight. Of course, I'm facing you this week, so there's that...

As we enter the final week. Kadary vs JR Noboa is the match of the week

MS Orange has nearly clinched. His magic number this week is only 4 points in his match (out of 24). The magic number is low since Kadary faces JN, so that limits how much each can ultimately have.

Call it an Eephus is also in good shape since he is facing one of the league bottom dwellers. His magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 14 points (to tie is 13 points). He could get in with lower.

The winner of Kadary / Jr Noboa will get in. If there is a tie in the match JN get in. I believe if Kadary wins 6.5 to 5.5, Kadary would have the tiebreaker since he would lead the season series 2-1.

So in summary:
MS Orange needs 4 points out of 24 to clinch
Jr Noboa needs to win his match vs Kadary to clinch.
Kadary needs to win his match vs JN to clinch.
Call it an Eephus needs to win his match and get 14 points to clinch.

That being said there are various scenarios where all JR Noboa, Kadary, and Eephus could get in assuming 1 of the 3 loses badly this week.

1662389505107.png

I finished the regular season with the best record in my league: 144 wins.

Always great when one of your fantasy league pitchers (Logan Gilbert) hits one of your own hitters (Luis Robert) and takes him out again for a handful of games. (but not enough to put him on the IL either.

Tatis, a caring father who wants to see his child being born, and now this - I hate my team.

1662921807532.png

Playoff spots look locked right now based on review of current scores in matchups and categories that can flip.

Next week will likely be:
GM's Team vs MS Orange
Eephus vs Jr Noboa

First round of playoffs about half-way done. Both scores as of now are blowouts, but enough close categories and time left to totally flip things.

Also of note that if end up 6-6 in either matchup, GM Team and Jr Noboa would advance due to placing better in the regular season.

1663343592209.png

The gap was much bigger before yesterday, but Eephus' players had a huge offensive night. A number of categories could still flip over the weekend.

I had the benefit of a number of my players being in double headers this week. (32 extra AB's)

1663343531750.png

I think I have seen MSOrange hitters put up huge numbers in the past. They can flip around some of the offensive categories, but it will be tough to comeback.

First round of playoffs about half-way done. Both scores as of now are blowouts, but enough close categories and time left to totally flip things.

Also of note that if end up 6-6 in either matchup, GM Team and Jr Noboa would advance due to placing better in the regular season.

View attachment 220035
The gap was much bigger before yesterday, but Eephus' players had a huge offensive night. A number of categories could still flip over the weekend.

I had the benefit of a number of my players being in double headers this week. (32 extra AB's)

View attachment 220034
I think I have seen MSOrange hitters put up huge numbers in the past. They can flip around some of the offensive categories, but it will be tough to comeback.
It looks like I might be toast. My hitters seems to be quite streaky and picked a bad time to slump. Seems like there is definitely separation between the top 3 teams in our group and everyone else, but I gave it a good shot.

I'm just happy that after being in 9th or 10th for a fair chunk of the season I made it to the playoffs behind the legendary Lance McCullers.

It looks like I might be toast. My hitters seems to be quite streaky and picked a bad time to slump. Seems like there is definitely separation between the top 3 teams in our group and everyone else, but I gave it a good shot.

You are still in it. Couple categories you can flip or perhaps tie
GM's team does have the 6-6 tie-breaker, so you need to get to 6.5. There is a path but it will be a tough one.

1663520833297.png

The path for Eephus is more difficult. My batters are having their best week in a while it seems.

You are still in it. Couple categories you can flip or perhaps tie
GM's team does have the 6-6 tie-breaker, so you need to get to 6.5. There is a path but it will be a tough one.

View attachment 220122

The path for Eephus is more difficult. My batters are having their best week in a while it seems.
Well, the eephus is something you throw knowing it's high risk high reward.

Finally some justice regarding that bum Jose Berrios. He had underachieved all year, I finally had enough and released him on August 14th.

Of course he then proceeded to get 3 wins and 5 quality starts in his next 6 outings after I released him. And GuyFawkes picked him up and benefitted from it -- UNTIL TONIGHT!!!

And it couldn't come at a better time as I am facing GuyFawkes this week. Berrios gives up 6 runs in 2 innings.

The semi-finals are still up in the air entering tomorrow.

I was dominating the semi-finals against Guy Fawkes as of Thursday (11-0 at one point), chance of victory seemed very high. Now its still open despite the score. Trying to determine my strategy as of now.

I have 1 starter going tomorrow + 2 adds available
Guy has 0 starters going + 1 add available.

1664073396125.png

As the regular season #1, Guy Fawkes has the advantage of only needing 6 to win.
I need 6.5 to win.

The categories in green seem like locks to me -- that is 6 points.
But I need to get a .5 point somewhere.

Guy has likely clinched 1 category. Wins -- he will have 5 after tonight.
But if he holds the other two categories, the other 3 are easily flippable - he has a great set of closers and he has better hitters than me.
So he certainly has a path to 6 points.

I will have to consider the way I use my extra starters available closely -- starting 1 should be enough to clinch the K's, since Guy can only go with 1 starter... but they could also work against me in terms of ERA

Attachments

• 1664073273532.png
    1664073273532.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 37
Semi-Final #2 - Another very close one, that could really go any way at this point.

1664074496685.png

Buzhardt's (Sypmphony Steve) has the regular season record advantage needing 6 to win. GM's Team will need 6.5

Steve has 1 starter going tomorrow + 2 possible adds
GM's Team has 4 starters going tomorrow (3 of them studs) + 5 possible additions. The quality of the starters could be problem for Steve.

It seems very likely that GM's team will flip the K's category with his quality starters going and should hold the W's category. Can they then close the gap in ERA or WHIP?

If GM's team flips the K's as expected, then Steve needs to flip a category. And the most likely category for that is OPS... he would need to hold AVG, ERA, and WHIP.

Right now I give GM's team the inside track on victory, but it is still very much in the air.

Attachments

• 1664074050777.png
    1664074050777.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 1664074141802.png
    1664074141802.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 39
Semi-Final #2 - Another very close one, that could really go any way at this point.

View attachment 220380

Buzhardt's (Sypmphony Steve) has the regular season record advantage needing 6 to win. GM's Team will need 6.5

Steve has 1 starter going tomorrow + 2 possible adds
GM's Team has 4 starters going tomorrow (3 of them studs) + 5 possible additions. The quality of the starters could be problem for Steve.

It seems very likely that GM's team will flip the K's category with his quality starters going and should hold the W's category. Can they then close the gap in ERA or WHIP?

If GM's team flips the K's as expected, then Steve needs to flip a category. And the most likely category for that is OPS... he would need to hold AVG, ERA, and WHIP.

Right now I give GM's team the inside track on victory, but it is still very much in the air.
I admit it--I'm outflanked. No real good SP options since they could deep-six me in ERA and/or WHIP. Just gotta hope for a real good offensive day. Plus, would a save be too much to ask?

Hey, I've thrown everything I could at GM. Just hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

I admit it--I'm outflanked. No real good SP options since they could deep-six me in ERA and/or WHIP. Just gotta hope for a real good offensive day. Plus, would a save be too much to ask?

Hey, I've thrown everything I could at GM. Just hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
I've been in that situation a few times where I need a win but don't want to blow my ERA and WHIP by trying to get it. It's a tough call.

Good luck to everyone today. Out of respect to everyone in the championship bracket, I haven't made any waiver moves although I am setting my lineup every day to try to win. I figure you don't need the fifth place guy messing around with those who still have a chance to win at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom