Fantasy Baseball 2022? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2022?

I'm debating whether starting Stripling or not... or any of my starters... can't win the W, K is largely locked, and QS is locked.

I see that GuyFawkes has taken the strategy of trying to catch me with his relievers and have me fall back. At the same time if one of my relievers gives up 3 runs in 1 inning it might also hurt.

I decided to rest Stripling and have Jameson ready to start at 4:00 if needed.

But my strategy is to hold guys back, and let him try to make up the 4.08 vs 4.45 ERA gap with relievers only.

GuyFawkes put some squeeze on my yesterday in Runs and RBI's - now leading runs by only 5 and RBI's by only 7.

Nice leads, but not fully safe when he has someone like Judge and Bogaerts closing the night.

I've been in that situation a few times where I need a win but don't want to blow my ERA and WHIP by trying to get it. It's a tough call.

Good luck to everyone today. Out of respect to everyone in the championship bracket, I haven't made any waiver moves although I am setting my lineup every day to try to win. I figure you don't need the fifth place guy messing around with those who still have a chance to win at all.
Well... I just checked and I'm guilty of making some moves this week.

Play to the whistle, I guess. :(

Well... I just checked and I'm guilty of making some moves this week.

Play to the whistle, I guess. :(
No worries. You didn't do anything unethical. I don't look down upon you :)

Seems like I am safe and moving on to the finals. (GuyFawkes clearly had the better roster this year, but in a one week match anything can happen).

The Buzhardt's / GM team match can still go either way.
Buzhardt's needs to flip the OPS category to win (which is currently a close .712 vs .694), and hold a few things. With one HR, that could get very close.

EDIT - As I type this GM's team just hit a HR. gap is now .730 vs .694 -- so that was huge pretty huge. Both teams have maybe 7-10 AB's left, so the Buzhardt's will need to bash in those.

Jr Noboa Superstars vs GM Team in the Finals.

Fantasy league imitating real life baseball, where the randomness of short series eliminated the best teams in the leagues early.

I am riding quite the hot streak the last 3 weeks. My team record is 32-2-2 in the last 3 weeks, in 2 playoff games (and the last regular season game which was basically a play in)

We have a CONSOLATION FINAL??

Makes less sense than the Pro Bowl--which was just discontinued. Actually, I'm old enough to remember the NFL 'Runner-Up Bowl':

Congrats to the two finalists. Have a great series!

We have a CONSOLATION FINAL??

Makes less sense than the Pro Bowl--which was just discontinued. Actually, I'm old enough to remember the NFL 'Runner-Up Bowl':

Congrats to the two finalists. Have a great series!

Never knew there was a 3rd place game in a major pro sport (albeit 53 years ago now) -- could never envision it happening again.

Jr Noboa Superstars vs GM Team in the Finals.

Fantasy league imitating real life baseball, where the randomness of short series eliminated the best teams in the leagues early.

I am riding quite the hot streak the last 3 weeks. My team record is 32-2-2 in the last 3 weeks, in 2 playoff games (and the last regular season game which was basically a play in)

I got a bit hot recently as well. I have a chance to make it two years in a row. Should be a fun week. Hate losing strider right now. Best of luck!

I got a bit hot recently as well. I have a chance to make it two years in a row. Should be a fun week. Hate losing strider right now. Best of luck!

Good luck as well Jack.
I have the odds at +110 Jack, -130 JN.

Good luck as well Jack.
I have the odds at +110 Jack, -130 JN.
Ditto.

I’ll take those odds if we’re putting something on it :)

Alcohol at a fine mess tailgate?

Ditto.

I’ll take those odds if we’re putting something on it :)

Alcohol at a fine mess tailgate?

Had my odds reversed..
I meant JN +110, Jack -130

I think your team is a bit stronger than mine. Your pitching staff is stronger.

Crazy stat of the day.
Looking at my team stats tonight

My team went 2-23 (.087 AVG) and somehow it was enough to take over the lead in avg.
Jack's team went 2-31 (.065 AVG)

Was able to take the lead today, but I have a feeling it will be reversed by end of the night. So many close categories in this matchup so far.

Jack has Scherzer, McClanahan, Javier pitching for him ... quite the trio against nobody for me. Also has 7 batters tonight against 4.

1664667427590.png

I made a fatal error. I thought the season ended today. I am now realizing that’s not the case. Whoops.

Shot myself on the foot.

I made a fatal error. I thought the season ended today. I am now realizing that’s not the case. Whoops.

Shot myself on the foot.

I noted you made all your moves today, and I started to wonder if we got a new set of six moves next week. I did hold back 2 moves for next week.

Chase Anderson really blew it for you. I had a huge lead in ERA and WHIP for a while, but Robbie Ray sucked for me today to shrink the lead I had built by nearly in half.

There is still a fairly reasonable path for you to get the title since you only need 6 to win.
You can take 5 offensive categories (which are full on toss ups at this point), and it will be tough for me to get the win category.

I figured I had the WHIP and ERA sewn up earlier today, but one really bad outing shrinks the lead quickly. I should still take them but they are not yet gimmes. I will need to pitch some guys this week to take QS and K's.

I noted you made all your moves today, and I started to wonder if we got a new set of six moves next week. I did hold back 2 moves for next week.

Chase Anderson really blew it for you. I had a huge lead in ERA and WHIP for a while, but Robbie Ray sucked for me today to shrink the lead I had built by nearly in half.

There is still a fairly reasonable path for you to get the title since you only need 6 to win.
You can take 5 offensive categories (which are full on toss ups at this point), and it will be tough for me to get the win category.

I figured I had the WHIP and ERA sewn up earlier today, but one really bad outing shrinks the lead quickly. I should still take them but they are not yet gimmes. I will need to pitch some guys this week to take QS and K's.

I blame me forgetting
Completely that the MLB lockout screwed things up this season. Oh well! We will see if the bats can bring up some magic.

1664805325824.png

Analyzing the last 3 days.
GM's Team owns the regular season leader advantage. A tie results in a victory for him.

Hitting
SB's is locked for GM's Team (Jack Bauer)
6 runs for my team is a decent cushion, but not locked by any means over 3 days.
4 other categories are complete toss-ups that are so close right now, and can change at bat to at bat. If one team gets hot, they can easily sweep all 4 categories -- and that may determine who wins.
I have 10 batters vs 9, which helps my team slightly as players will inevitably get rested.

Pitching
Saves is likely good for me. I have the lead and many more closers.

Regarding starters. Jack's Team has 3 starters going Monday vs my 2 starters.
I then have 4 starters going Tuesday vs None.
And potentially I have 1 or 2 starters going Wednesday vs None.
So potentially I have 4 (or maybe 5) more starts this week.

So Jack will have the lead in W's, K's and likely QS heading into Tuesday. I should easily overtake him in K's and QS with 4 starters that day... not sure about W's, but I could make it very close...but here is the problem for me, with all the additional innings the ERA and WHIP category could get closer than I want..

And with the hitting categories so close, as of now, I can't cherry pick categories and rest starters... I still need to push for that W's category and expose my ERA and WHIP -- on Tuesday anyway. On Wedneday I may be able to restrategize.

Last edited:
I'd already sullenly accepted my 4th-place finish.

Instead, I can sullenly look forward to possibly finishing third.

There is no consolation in a consolation round.

1664976282276.png

Final day, I have the advantage but it is not quite over. I do have a starter going today (my final addition) that should get me 5 points in pitching.

I then need 1.5 points in hitting. I have a nice lead in runs... that should be a point. RBI's, AVG, OPS can all flip. The hardest to flip and win for GM's team would be HR's.

At the end of the day GM's team probably needs 4 HR's to win today... that would very likely get him 5 points in batting. A tough task with players sitting but not impossible, If he only get's 3 HR's I probably win

Attachments

• 1664976534089.png
    1664976534089.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 43
I pulled out the final 9-3.
A lot of "short-series luck" as my team was quite mediocre for most of the season, and below .500 before the last week of the season.

A reminder that the fantasy basketball league is up and running if some of you are interested in joining -- draft on October 16.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom