Fascinating Read on What Went Down | Syracusefan.com

Fascinating Read on What Went Down

Thanks for the link TM

Good Stuff

Very interesting. It's ridiculous how these camps within the Big East helped destroy it.

"Let's call him 'a person of interest.'"

Classic.

I don't doubt that some of his info is correct. However, this didn't happen overnight.

That should be required reading for everyone bashing SU and Pitt. Even thinking about passing on UCF and adding Villanova instead was mind-bogglingly stupid.

Pitt was giving serious consideration to the B12? Really?

I don't think so. I read in other articles that Pitt was being courted as aTm's replacement in the B12. I just didn't think Pitt was giving that move as serious consideration as this article states.

I don't think so. I read in other articles that Pitt was being courted as aTm's replacement in the B12. I just didn't think Pitt was giving that move as serious consideration as this article states.
Could be. I guess the Big East teams are most vulnerable, but why not WVU before Pitt? They seem to fit the profile better.

Good find. We'll blame it all on Villanova.

Looks to me, more blame should be on USF.

Not a lot new in that post and even some things were still left up on the air, like who leaked the info to NYT and when did Marinatto actually know. However, it does seem that Pitt, SU, Rutgers and WVU were being pushed around by some of the new members of the league (Looking at you Louisville and USF) and at least two have said "Enough is enough". So glad we had TGD and Cantor at the helm of this whole thing.

I really don't think TGD leaked it, and I wonder if Marinatto himself was the one who did thinking he could blow the whole thing up if word got out before the decision was made. Also, the FSU stuff that came out last week seemed odd at the time. Maybe someone from there was responsible for the leak.

I think he misread the reason why we call Daryl Gross "Doc"

Though I disagree with him, it was DEFINITELY Daryl Gross that leaked that report.

I don't doubt that some of his info is correct. However, this didn't happen overnight.

And a lot of it was discussed almost a year ago.

At this point, does it really matter who leaked the information? I'd consider it an accomplishment that a deal of this magnitude was only leaked less than 24 hours before the sh!tstorm went down.

Long read but worth it that guy seems to know his stuff...

I hate to be negative with first post on your board, but anyone who thinks VT was ever considering leaving can be totally ignored. I dont know what my school would have done if the SEC had offered (it wasnt happening, GT's chances at the SEC ended in 1978), but Virginia Tech isnt going anywhere. The ACC has been their dream conference for 50 years, they are exactly where they want to be.

Oh, and welcome to the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom