Fasten your seatbelt, CTO! (OT) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fasten your seatbelt, CTO! (OT)

I'm supposed to be flying out of Philly dow to Jacksonville tomorrow morning...getting out of PHL is dicey in perfect weather. No chance I make it out tomorrow.

I'll come deal with the blizzard, if you walk my dogs for a few days. -44 today... negative freaking 44.. What
65 degrees and sunny in Seattle today!

I have a son living in Manhattan (SoHo area). Wishing everyone in the target areas safety through it and the ability to just layer up, hunker down and enjoy a hot toddy.
love Hot Toddys.

that was my Nannie's medication for the flu, she made it all the way to 94. who needs penicillian or whatever when you can make a Hot Toddy??

at my old haunt on the UES, theyd make em on days like these and it would brighten everyones mood as we all got 'snowed in'.

nothing better than getting all pie-eyed as the City shuts down.

love Hot Toddys.

that was my Nannie's medication for the flu, she made it all the way to 94. who needs penicillian or whatever when you can make a Hot Toddy??

at my old haunt on the UES, theyd make em on days like these and it would brighten everyones mood as we all got 'snowed in'.

nothing better than getting all pie-eyed as the City shuts down.

The Irish had a way with words (toddy etc), true holistic medicinal cures and methods to lighten moods ;). Never ever saw my grandmother drink but when I was 13-14 I became sick right during the huge NY blackout with a 104 fever(later diagnosed as pleurisy). My saintly Irish grandmother (lips that touch wine will never touch mine) came down from her room with a big whiskey bottle that no one dreamed she even had. Was told it brought me out of delirium and provided lots of laughs for the family for years to come as she explained how vital it was for medical emergencies. She passed away 5-6 years later at 82. R.I.P.

Last I knew, she said she was in North Carolina and her flight home was already cancelled. Wishing her and all the other travelers the best, whenever they're able to start moving.

And I thought I disliked the snow! :) The only things that gets me through the winter is going to SU games and college basketball season. Without it, I'd be miserable.
JB always says the weather in CNY is great for eight months a year and the other four months is basketball season.

Snow? Snow? Are we having a snow storm in the northeast? In the winter????? Better get to the grocery store for some goods...wouldn't want to go without milk for very long.

Then again there is always a Hot toddy to be had.

Seriously though, I hope all you winter travelers play it safe the next couple of days.

We were forecast to get 8-12 inches of snow in northwestern Virginia and got away with an inch that has since melted. Good luck to those of you living in the path of the storm!

Snow not much of a problem for me in Park Slope, Brooklyn, at least not until February when my parking garage will have closed to be replaced by condos. May be a problem for my Maltese Moose we adopted a few months ago. So far people have kept up reasonably well with cleaning walks, but not sure they will keep up during the night when the real snow hits. Do kind of miss my life in the burbs when I would gun up my snow blower and go tackle the white monster. Of course there was always the though of that warm drink I would pour when I went inside. With a big storm, it meant I would be plowing three or four times, which meant three or four of those warm drinks. My plowing lines weren't always the best on that last run.

CTO has a bigger problem. She is in North Carolina and may be spending an extended time down there as she is scheduled to fly home in the morning, and we all know that ain't happening. So she will miss the storm, but be stranded in Tobacco Road Country.

CTO has a bigger problem. She is in North Carolina and may be spending an extended time down there as she is scheduled to fly home in the morning, and we all know that ain't happening. So she will miss the storm, but be stranded in Tobacco Road Country.

#cusetrooptothe rescue #illbringthesleddogs

Seems like a reasonable option to take the dogs to NC when it's -44 at home:

I just realized that if I had accepted that NC State job back in July, not only would I not be freezing my tail off, I'd also be on my way to the UNC game right now. Ughhh

Queue the 24 hours a day coverage on NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX for the duration of the storm from Manhattan, the outer boroughs, Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut replete with interviews with kids (Do you like the snow? Do you like not having school? What are you going to do?), travelers (How are the roads? Why are you out?), passengers stranded at the airports (How long have you been here? Where are you trying to get to? What has your airline told you?), snow plow operators (How are the roads? How long have you been out there?) and various minor government officials as well as the obligatory mayoral and governor press conferences.

Then, once the storm stops, there will be the obligatory, "it has been X amount of time since the storm stopped and my street still hasn't been plowed", pics of sleeping snow plow drivers, pics of buried cars, and the "alternate side back in effect tomorrow despite the fact most cars are buried under 6 feet of snow"

Next week, we should start hearing about the Grand Canyon-sized potholes that are plaguing our roads and highways as well as hearing complaints from residents of the last two streets in NYC to get plowed and people who have gotten parking tickets because their cars are now encased in six feet of ice.

Oh, and every channel will have the "pitchers and catchers report in X days" to make everyone feel like Spring is just around the corner.

Anything I missed?
Lines at the grocery stores and empty bread shelves! How could you forget lines at the grocery stores and empty bread shelves!

about 5-6 in. on the west side of the Cuse. Heard not as bad in the city east strangely enough. We're already beyond what they predicted here for a storm we we're originally supposed to miss. You know how that works...

about 5-6 in. on the west side of the Cuse. Heard not as bad in the city east strangely enough. We're already beyond what they predicted here for a storm we we're originally supposed to miss. You know how that works...

I'm on the east side of the city and we have about that same amount. Not much at all between here and Utica though I don't believe.

Could be worse!

I should have known she would be at the game. And there she was, sitting right behind Boeheim.

This storm was bad in the sense that it screwed with everyone's mind.

There has been FAR worse storms, yet they preemptively declared states of emergency and shut everything down.

My work was canceled last night at 6, but I could easily make it in now...certainly by say 10.

Now when the next storm hits, nobody will shut anything, we will get whacked with 2" and it will absolutely suck.

Damn liberals who don't want to work got there way this time and we will all be screwed because of their whimpyness on the next go-around.

This storm was bad in the sense that it screwed with everyone's mind.

There has been FAR worse storms, yet they preemptively declared states of emergency and shut everything down.

My work was canceled last night at 6, but I could easily make it in now...certainly by say 10.

Now when the next storm hits, nobody will shut anything, we will get whacked with 2" and it will absolutely suck.

Damn liberals who don't want to work got there way this time and we will all be screwed because of their whimpyness on the next go-around.

You get wacked with 2 inches often?