Favorite whistle of the game ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite whistle of the game ...

I liked Sully tripping over his own feet, and Baye getting called for a foul. Most protected player in the NCAA
That was a good one! Can someone tell me a foul Keita was called on that he actually committed?

I liked Sully tripping over his own feet, and Baye getting called for a foul. Most protected player in the NCAA

Agreed. Can't believe it took so long to remember that one! He stepped on his own foot - you don't see that every day.

what about how joseph bricked a lay up and then dion committed a foul..that might have been a game changer

If these refs did this during a Soccer match in England or Spain they would be dead men.

what about how joseph bricked a lay up and then dion committed a foul..that might have been a game changer

Oh, . What was that anyway? Even on the replay I couldn't figure it out. Did they call that on Dion?

It was pretty early in the game, no? When KJo couldn't decide to dunk or not?

Oh, I forgot about the other phantom Scoop foul.

He had the one directly in front of Jimmy (#3), but #2 was just as bad. Craft is dribbling past him, on the opposite end of the court, they brush against each other - FOUL!

The truly outstanding part is that Craft had spent the previous 25 minutes with 10 times that much contact every time he was the on-ball defender without a call. Even Raftery had to laugh at that one....

I forget about that one. Craft slipped and fell down and the whistled Scoop for a foul. That was nutz.

At halftime they were in their locker room practicing blowing their whistles and making sure that their hands weren't cramping up

Even Verne, who's blind as a bat, "that's not a nickel-dimer, that's a penny-dimer". Disgraceful.

Even Verne, who's blind as a bat, "that's not a nickel-dimer, that's a penny-dimer". Disgraceful.

he called it a penny nickle

All good ones. I'll add the time when Craft, desparate to get the ball past the ten second line, threw a pass that was tipped out of bounds. OSU ball but the shot clock shows 24 seconds, menaing he didn't get across the line in 10 seconds. No call on that.

All good ones. I'll add the time when Craft, desparate to get the ball past the ten second line, threw a pass that was tipped out of bounds. OSU ball but the shot clock shows 24 seconds, menaing he didn't get across the line in 10 seconds. No call on that.

Another great one!!!

I saw that and lost my mind a bit more at the time. 24 seconds on the shot clock clear as day and still several feet away from crossing half court.

As I said in chat, if I didn't leave to get to work at 58-53 i would have been fired. So driving to work I have 1480 on (ohio st. network) and Sully got a deuce where the color guy said wow, that should have been a charge.

That was the Ohio St. network guy.

How about the one where Buford caught his own airball we had never touched. How do you miss that one?

Oh, another one that will never get called in your favor that I thought was kind of bad - that play where Craft got the +1 in the first half where he made the lay-up and threw himself into Rak. Rak was just standing under the rim, made no attempt to block the shot or touch the kid. Again, this call never goes in your favor, but Craft clearly jump stopped and jumped back into Rak.

Oh, another one that will never get called in your favor that I thought was kind of bad - that play where Craft got the +1 in the first half where he made the lay-up and threw himself into Rak. Rak was just standing under the rim, made no attempt to block the shot or touch the kid. Again, this call never goes in your favor, but Craft clearly jump stopped and jumped back into Rak.

This was the one I was going to contribute. Rakeem was actively backing out of the way, Craft deliberately crashed into him, and Rakeem got the foul call.

As I said in chat, if I didn't leave to get to work at 58-53 i would have been fired. So driving to work I have 1480 on (ohio st. network) and Sully got a deuce where the color guy said wow, that should have been a charge.

That was the Ohio St. network guy.

How about the one where Buford caught his own airball we had never touched. How do you miss that one?

The Buford "self-pass" was another in a long line of shitty calls/non-calls. Of course, that sequence ended with an SU foul.

Sullinger's go-to move is lowering his shoulder into the defender's chest. He'll be another Gary Trent, Part II in the NBA.

There was one play in the 2nd half where OSU missed a shot and 3 SU players and one OSU player jumped up for the rebound. They called a foul on one of the SU players and somehow awarded OSU 2 shots even though they weren't yet in the bonus.

That was when they stopped showing replays.

You're talking about the one where Craft was standing under the hoop? Dion was pointing to the circle - not definitive, but he seemed pretty sure.

One foot in the circle.

That was a good one! Can someone tell me a foul Keita was called on that he actually committed?

Was that the one where Sullinger fell away from the basket during his shot, and Baye stood right where he was with arms straight up...Sullinger ends up on the floor, and Baye gets called for the foul?

The two charge circle calls were close calls, but they were blocks. Its not a judgment call on those. If any part of the defender's body is breaking the plane made by the paint mark of the charge circle, it's a block. But I'm still hating that we are griping so much. I was pissed when UNC-A did it and I was pissed when Bo Ryan did it. It just never looks good.
There's a difference between fans griping on a message board and coaches/players griping to the media after a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom