FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

01.jpg

Excluded the "Field" listed as overall favorite at +175

Other names listed

Hoiberg 12-1
G Marshall 12-1
S Wojciechowski 14-1

Is Franchilla calling Himself a hero?
If you're critical of him for not exposing this, don't you have to be equally critical of Every non-cheating head coach and assistant? They must all have known. Including JB and Hopkins. But you don't make public accusations of cheating without proof. If the NCAA didn't have proof and it took witetaps, and confidential informants to bring this all down, how was Franchilla supposed to do it ethically and responsibly? And even while some of them were cheating, they're still 'colleagues' in some loose way. Being a 'rat' in any environment is still stigmatic, even if you're a well-heeled white guy.

Not Franchilla specifically because he is a commentator; but I am very critical of any "sports journalist" that knew or strongly suspected this was going and did nothing. It is not the job of a coach to accuse others of cheating, a journalist, on the other hand, should be investigating stories of corruption or, at the very least, provide a tip to colleague to investigate.

We're just going to go back and forth as always. Have a good one.

I mean, there's nothing to go back and forth on. Hopkins had a contract, obviously. It wasn't getting changed. Syracuse had the option of not honoring it, like any school. If they did not, they would have paid the buyout. Standard stuff. That wasn't happening. Hop would have taken over, had JB left. JB wanted a 5 year deal, and forced the issue. Some powerful people backed JB, and he got his way. Hop decided to move on. That's what happened.

And I thought the NBA off-season was entertaining!!!! Someone needs to make a meme or whatever about that. "NBA off-season has been crazy...college basketball says, hold my beer and watch this!"